Cetara Orchard Hills The Groves Shea Homes

scubasteve said:
irvineboy said:
Who is still trying to get these view lots? At $500k premiums (my guess) will it deter people? 

$500k is pretty steep but if they get to the bottom of the list for Phase 4 then I'll think about =)

Our preferred floor plan is Plan 1 due to the functionality (conservatory w/ stack doors @ courtyard & office makes this 7 rooms) and there is only 1 left for view lots so I doubt it;  Will gladly take a Plan2 but there's no way that's making it to the bottom of the list.  Not really interested in Plan3.

Kris, any idea how much the stacking doors go for?  It wasn't on the detailed options list that I got.  I'm guessing $20k a piece?

They didn't send you the complete options price list? I can email you the pdf if you want. You actually have a decent shot at the plan 1 view lot since its the least popular. The one on phase 3 took a while to sell.

There are only two phases of view lots left.  I wonder if they will jack up the prices now knowing that they can?t really jack up the prices in the no n-view lots later on?

View lots went up another 100k! Not sure if I can stomach it lol...

2A: 2.389mm, includes stacking sliding doors and large glass window
1B: 2.35mm, includes stacking sliding doors @ courtyard and greatroom
2C: 2.389mm, includes stacking sliding doors and large glass window

scubasteve said:

I toured Sterling in South OC a few weeks ago and the view lot premiums are under $100k

scubasteve said:

Woah, that is a $550k view premium!!!!! I thought the view premium of $350k in phase 1 was a lot.  Who is still trying to buy these view lots?

irvineboy said:
scubasteve said:

Woah, that is a $550k view premium!!!!! I thought the view premium of $350k in phase 1 was a lot.  Who is still trying to buy these view lots?

All those view lots will sell on Saturday.

lovingit said:
There are only two phases of view lots left.  I wonder if they will jack up the prices now knowing that they can?t really jack up the prices in the no n-view lots later on?

3 phases left. Include the parking lot.

Dr. CA Real Estate said:
lovingit said:

Those parking lot view lots will have huge view lot premiums as those will be one of the last homes they sell.

USCTrojanCPA said:
Dr. CA Real Estate said:
lovingit said:

Those parking lot view lots will have huge view lot premiums as those will be one of the last homes they sell.

I forgot about the parking lot homes.  What are you guessing these will go for?

irvineboy said:
USCTrojanCPA said:
Dr. CA Real Estate said:
lovingit said:

I forgot about the parking lot homes.  What are you guessing these will go for?

Tough to stay because it might be 12-18 months by the time they release those homes.  For sure the view lot premium will be higher than in Phase 4.

trematix said:
i believe they may be building additional cetara homes, at least thats what i heard...

They'd be smart to complete all of those available lots in that tract as the demand is there.

trematix said:
i believe they may be building additional cetara homes, at least thats what i heard...

You mean building out the tract where their website shows grey areas? Yes that was always the case. Builders commonly keep further out phases out of peoples mind. If you're referring to clones of Cetara in a different area that's news to me.

Hi everyone. I'm posting for the first time here to share my experience as a purchaser of a Cetara home. Tl;dr I wish I had bought somewhere else.

I had previously purchased new construction from another builder in OC, and their service was first class every step of the way. Since I was paying much more for Cetara, I thought I could expect the same level of satisfaction - if not more - from Shea.

I was wrong. As another poster also mentioned, we never felt particularly valued as a customer when dealing with Shea. One rep said we were ?lucky? to purchase from them. More troubling, we found some employees to be uninformed and/or unprofessional, which has had an impact on how our house will turn out. It didn?t help that Shea unilaterally amended several deadlines in the signed contract to our detriment. And the list unfortunately goes on.

FWIW, I think Leslie in the sales office has been one of the few who have been good at their jobs. She won't do you any favors but she is knowledgeable and responsive.

Anyway, I know this won?t have any impact on sales but I thought I?d share so that other buyers can manage their own expectations. Of course YMMV and I sincerely hope your experience is better than mine.

seaturtle said:
Hi everyone. I'm posting for the first time here to share my experience as a purchaser of a Cetara home. Tl;dr I wish I had bought somewhere else.

I had previously purchased new construction from another builder in OC, and their service was first class every step of the way. Since I was paying much more for Cetara, I thought I could expect the same level of satisfaction - if not more - from Shea.

I was wrong. As another poster also mentioned, we never felt particularly valued as a customer when dealing with Shea. One rep said we were ?lucky? to purchase from them. More troubling, we found some employees to be uninformed and/or unprofessional, which has had an impact on how our house will turn out. It didn?t help that Shea unilaterally amended several deadlines in the signed contract to our detriment. And the list unfortunately goes on.

FWIW, I think Leslie in the sales office has been one of the few who have been good at their jobs. She won't do you any favors but she is knowledgeable and responsive.

Anyway, I know this won?t have any impact on sales but I thought I?d share so that other buyers can manage their own expectations. Of course YMMV and I sincerely hope your experience is better than mine.

Hopefully, Shea is monitoring this board and sees this.  It's a PR nightmare for them and now they have to do damage control.

Have you reached out to the higher-ups?  You could always slam them in the upcoming surveys but by then it will be too late for you.  Better to nip it in the bud.

seaturtle said:

Can you share in detail what you have experienced?  My friend who is buying Cetara said their home is being delayed and they aren?t happy that the builder did not build covid delays into their communication. 

seaturtle said:

Sorry to hear about your experience. Haven?t made the purchase yet but have been debating a lot lately. With the ongoing issue over at the All American Asphalt plant (Cetara is only 1.7 miles away in distance), and also your point on the lack of knowledge with some of the staff, which we?ve experienced similarly...Cetara has honestly become a backup in our house hunt. Thank you for sharing.

seaturtle said:

Agreed. Based on the size of this thread, a lot of those on the interest list read this forum. Maybe they'll have some quick move in homes after tomorrow.

Back