Cetara Orchard Hills The Groves Shea Homes

talkirvine said:
USCTrojanCPA said:
trematix said:
USCTrojanCPA said:
lovingit said:
I?d think that the $10k increase in base price interior lots aren?t that big of a deterrent.  It?s the $50k increase for the view lots that would deter buyers.  But these are the last view lots at the Groves so Shea will push.

Individually no, but $10k+ base price releases per phase x 7 phase releases can become material to some non-view lot buyers. My guess is that the last view lots (which I think have larger lots) will probably have lot premiums around $500k +/-.

Wow, that'll def knock me out for sure. I wonder what the bigger interior lots will go for...

Larger lots can have lot premiums of $50k-$100k+ (depending on the side of the lot and if it's a corner lot).

What size of lots have the premium of $50k-$100k? Altair seems to have a higher lot premium. The premium of a 7.5k sqft lot in Altair is about $150k, and for a +10k lot with a side view, the premium is $300k-$500k.

I took an interior lot (I'll refrain from disclosing which). Someone I know is also on the priority list and looking for a view lot only, so I asked about their chances. I was told "slim" chances given how many people were deferring in hopes of a view lot (my friend also got a call Saturday for an interior lot and deferred). This person and myself each registered the opening weekend of the models, so if what I was told holds to be true, then only those registered prior to the opening of the models will get view lots.

My guesses:

-The list will become significantly smaller after all view lots are gone.
-Many additional people will fall off the list after Phase 5 when the larger backyard lots are gone (I considered deferring for one but decided not to).
-I'm thinking there may be standing inventory by Phase 6 when most lots will be smaller and prices will be higher.

The lack of a yard and 3-car garage (or large storage) were big negatives for me, but the low $/sqft just makes this seem like a "deal" anyway. If you're looking for an interior lot, I think you have a good chance in the coming months.

Also my sense is that a lot of people are enamored with Plan 2, likely because of how it's modeled.

Good luck to everyone else that wants in.

lovingit said:
trematix said:
USCTrojanCPA said:
lovingit said:
I?d think that the $10k increase in base price interior lots aren?t that big of a deterrent.  It?s the $50k increase for the view lots that would deter buyers.  But these are the last view lots at the Groves so Shea will push.

Individually no, but $10k+ base price releases per phase x 7 phase releases can become material to some non-view lot buyers. My guess is that the last view lots (which I think have larger lots) will probably have lot premiums around $500k +/-.

Wow, that'll def knock me out for sure. I wonder what the bigger interior lots will go for...

The bigger lots are in phase 11+.  If they keep increasing the interior lots by $10k/phase, it will be over $100k before the lot premium.  Not sure people would pay $2m for a non view lot would they?

i dont believe 11+...from what i recall, theres bigger lots in Phase 5+ at the end of the cul de sac

JadedOne said:
I took an interior lot (I'll refrain from disclosing which). Someone I know is also on the priority list and looking for a view lot only, so I asked about their chances. I was told "slim" chances given how many people were deferring in hopes of a view lot (my friend also got a call Saturday for an interior lot and deferred). This person and myself each registered the opening weekend of the models, so if what I was told holds to be true, then only those registered prior to the opening of the models will get view lots.

My guesses:

-The list will become significantly smaller after all view lots are gone.
-Many additional people will fall off the list after Phase 5 when the larger backyard lots are gone (I considered deferring for one but decided not to).
-I'm thinking there may be standing inventory by Phase 6 when most lots will be smaller and prices will be higher.

The lack of a yard and 3-car garage (or large storage) were big negatives for me, but the low $/sqft just makes this seem like a "deal" anyway. If you're looking for an interior lot, I think you have a good chance in the coming months.

Also my sense is that a lot of people are enamored with Plan 2, likely because of how it's modeled.

Good luck to everyone else that wants in.

Plan 2 has the higher ceilings but plan 1 has the office/bonus and that courtyard which is a nice touch and different than the rest of the generic floor plans. Plan 3 also has the bonus space on the first floor which I like but I wouldnt complain if i got a Plan 2, thats for sure. But the large window wont be as appealing when you have neighbor looking right in. Hard to picture that in the model with no neighboring homes

talkirvine said:
USCTrojanCPA said:
trematix said:
USCTrojanCPA said:
lovingit said:

Larger lots can have lot premiums of $50k-$100k+ (depending on the side of the lot and if it's a corner lot).

What size of lots have the premium of $50k-$100k? The premium of a 7.5k sqft lot in Altair is about $150k, and for a +10k lot with a side view, the premium is $300k-$500k.

From what I?ve seen it were lots that were 1,000-2,000sf larger than an average sized lot in an SFR tract. 

E said:
Dr. CA Real Estate said:
lovingit said:
Dr. CA Real Estate said:
They had to call a little over 30 people this time to sell all the lots. Congrats to my clients who got the plan 2 view lot and one of the interior lots. Best of luck to the ones who passed for the next phase. Best of luck to those still waiting for a call. Never despair, people drop out due to price increases or buying elsewhere not wanting to wait. You still have a chance.

They are willing to share this information with you?

Im just so charismatic

Lol. I?m guessing you have a lot of buyers on that list so you have a vested interest in promoting for them. They also count on you to help with the sales. A little info goes a long way. I certainly don?t mind you sharing them ;)

Hmm its probably more in my self interest to bad mouth them so people leave the list and my clients have less competition. I don't promote them I just like sharing what info I have and helping people. Thats whole point of this forum imo.

Anyone who has the chance to pick one of the homes in Cetara and is willing to resell after, please contact me! I would like to offer extra money for a Plan 3! Thanks

ting3149 said:
Anyone who has the chance to pick one of the homes in Cetara and is willing to resell after, please contact me! I would like to offer extra money for a Plan 3! Thanks

Maybe they can just sell you their spot for $10k.

ting3149 said:

If you get on the list now, you will likely have a chance to buy in the later phases (and possibly earlier). Might be a better option for you.

I went to Cetara yesterday with a client and it was packed.

LOL there was also someone there asking if they paid in all cash if they can be first priority.

Cares said:

LOL there was also someone there asking if they paid in all cash if they can be first priority.

When you got cash, the sellers will quietly float you to the top.😀

Compressed-Village said:
Cares said:

The person said to them it doesn't matter if it's cash or loan...but maybe he slipped her something under the table after I left :p

Cares said:
Compressed-Village said:
Cares said:

The person said to them it doesn't matter if it's cash or loan...but maybe he slipped her something under the table after I left :p

A little TIPS goes along way,,, there are a few ways to do it. Help if the sale lady is easy on the eyes as well.😀

aquabliss said:
ting3149 said:

Maybe they can just sell you their spot for $10k.

I'm happy to pay $10k for a spot. And I'm open to negotiate with anyone who wants to sell their spots.

No they don't. Leslie already dealt with this. She's quite the stickler and having none of it. You have to wait your turn in line.
Unofficially maybe if you have the exact same name as a cash buyer you can get away and sneak by.

To get on the list you have to prequalified. That mean they have a minimum info and funds verified. So selling it to someone else is a no go as they got your name slotted.

lovingit said:
Do they allow you to sell reservations?

No builder will allow a buyer to sell a reservation, especially Shea Homes, so buyers have to follow the builder's ground rules. I think Toll Bros allowed buyers to move ahead of non-contingent financed buyers but not any other builder that I'm aware of.

You maybe can get around it if you have a willing reservation holder go on title with you during the original purchase with the builder and then quit claim the property to you after close of escrow. You would probably need a lawyer to figure out the stuff in between.

Back