Cetara Orchard Hills The Groves Shea Homes

Does anyone know how the standard options at Cetara compare to the standard options at Genoa?  The pricing of Genoa is around $1.7-1.8m.  Seems high for small homes.  Unless KB has better options than Shea?

irvineboy said:
Does anyone know how the standard options at Cetara compare to the standard options at Genoa?  The pricing of Genoa is around $1.7-1.8m.  Seems high for small homes.  Unless KB has better options than Shea?

Bigger lots

Keep in mind the options won?t be apples to apples.

I'm looking to make the move from LA to Irvine and initially I went to Great Park and I liked it. I then went to elderberry in PS and considered it but then I made my way to Orchard Hills and never thought about Great Park again. I saw Genoa first last weekend and was quite underwhelmed. Not really a fan of what they did to their model homes. I then went to Cetara and was blown away. Genoa was so bland and cookie cutter it seemed like. Cetara had the Courtyard in plan 1 and then plan 2 and 3 showcased the beautiful stairs but just felt more open, obviously its bigger but they did a great job with the models. I'm hoping to eventually get on the priority list but not sure how thats going to look with this response. On the sheet, there's some gray areas next to the phases. Are these later phases not advertised for cetara?

trematix said:
I'm looking to make the move from LA to Irvine and initially I went to Great Park and I liked it. I then went to elderberry in PS and considered it but then I made my way to Orchard Hills and never thought about Great Park again. I saw Genoa first last weekend and was quite underwhelmed. Not really a fan of what they did to their model homes. I then went to Cetara and was blown away. Genoa was so bland and cookie cutter it seemed like. Cetara had the Courtyard in plan 1 and then plan 2 and 3 showcased the beautiful stairs but just felt more open, obviously its bigger but they did a great job with the models. I'm hoping to eventually get on the priority list but not sure how thats going to look with this response. On the sheet, there's some gray areas next to the phases. Are these later phases not advertised for cetara?

No one should be scared to get on the priority list. Worst case scenario you buy elsewhere before they call you for a lot.

Yes the grey areas are beyond phase 7. They are keeping the full site map and the size of all the lots from the general public. Myself and I?d assume other brokers have it though

not scared.

issue is im contingent until i get my LA home in escrow.

wont be able to qualify until i sell my home and get the money out.

Dr. CA Real Estate said:
trematix said:

No one should be scared to get on the priority list. Worst case scenario you buy elsewhere before they call you for a lot.

Yes the grey areas are beyond phase 7. They are keeping the full site map and the size of all the lots from the general public. Myself and I?d assume other brokers have it though

Regarding to the full lot map and lot sizes, you might able to find them from city planning?s documents.

Movingup said:
I think there are some people that can prequalify for being contingent. Maybe Kris has the info.

One of my buyers that I registered at Cetara is contingent upon them selling their home. Shea told us that they will go through their non-contingent list first and then go to the contingent list. Once Shea always allows a contingent buyer to get into escrow, they will require the buyer to list their home within 7 days (same things happened to a client of mine who is buying at Padova). Then you need to get the home into escrow within 60 days and close with 90 days.

talkirvine said:
Does anyone on this forum or your client actually get one of the houses in Phase 1 release?

My previous home was a phase 1 home, actually the very 1st to be finished in that tract, we lived through construction for another 7/8 months until the surrounding area was built up, some lots near us took over a year to build out.  The park across the street was finally built shy of 2 years after we moved in, we sold soon after the 2 year mark. 

akkord said:
talkirvine said:
Does anyone on this forum or your client actually get one of the houses in Phase 1 release?

My previous home was a phase 1 home, actually the very 1st to be finished in that tract, we lived through construction for another 7/8 months until the surrounding area was built up, some lots near us took over a year to build out.  The park across the street was finally built shy of 2 years after we moved in, we sold soon after the 2 year mark.

Sorry I just dont get it. Why would you prefer to live in a community under construction with no or little amenities, and move out when all the construction is done and the all the amenities are ready to be enjoyed. I thought we all want to avoid construction sites with all the dust and noise. Am I missing something?

Given the steady trend in housing prices around here, usually the Phase I prices are the lowest and most economical, with some sacrifices to lot size or location. By the time the final phases are sold - some 2-3 years later, prices tend to have gone up, you hit the 2 of 5 year residency test (which enables you to exclude up to $250/$500k in capital gain on the home) and you can sell the home, then upgrade to the latest and greatest, larger and nicer home. It's the American Dream in a bubble called Irvine.  :)

We were on that train up in the Bay Area, and have since gotten off, saved some of our equity and waiting for our home to be built here in Padova and plan to enjoy the community with no pressure to move up or upgrade...

....for at least a few years....LOL

talkirvine said:

Two of mine were called for phase 1, passing so they can be first called on phase 2

mhanism said:
Given the steady trend in housing prices around here, usually the Phase I prices are the lowest and most economical, with some sacrifices to lot size or location. By the time the final phases are sold - some 2-3 years later, prices tend to have gone up, you hit the 2 of 5 year residency test (which enables you to exclude up to $250/$500k in capital gain on the home) and you can sell the home, then upgrade to the latest and greatest, larger and nicer home. It's the American Dream in a bubble called Irvine.  :)

We were on that train up in the Bay Area, and have since gotten off, saved some of our equity and waiting for our home to be built here in Padova and plan to enjoy the community with no pressure to move up or upgrade...

I have pocket listing homes in Newport coast if you want to sell some organs and upgrade to that ocean view

I heard that Toll brothers places verified cash buyers at the top of their priority list, 2nd is non-contingent fiance buyers, and then everyone else at the bottom.

Is that true for all builders?

Is that how the Cetara priority list is arranged too?

Dr. CA Real Estate said:
talkirvine said:

Two of mine were called for phase 1, passing so they can be first called on phase 2

mhanism said:

I have pocket listing homes in Newport coast if you want to sell some organs and upgrade to that ocean view

Kris, why would your buyers pass up on phase 1 to get phase 2?

Were they wanting interior or view lots?

For view lots.

First three people they called took the view lots. Then people opted to wait or took the interior lots. For the 6  phase 1 lots they called had to call 9 people to get them sold.

Very surprised that Shea would share that information with you.  Number of buyers that they had to call.

I heard people on the list asking what number they are on the priority list, after they were called, and Shea still would not divulge their exact number.

Back