Cariz at PS

paperboyNC said:
I live in Portola Springs as well. It will definitely be valued higher once the Elementary school opens, but if I were a buyer I would demand to know what happened to the community park & retail. It seems wrong that they can just take those away from us and not compensate us.

There is a school right around the corner that was built about four years ago in Columbus square that is not even being used as the elemntery school. Gasman has been paying taxes for this school for 7 years that he gets no benefit from.  They don't owe you compensation for anything. Can you say pipe dream? :)

qwerty said:
There is a school right around the corner that was built about four years ago in Columbus square that is not even being used as the elemntery school. Gasman has been paying taxes for this school for 7 years that he gets no benefit from.  They don't owe you compensation for anything. Can you say pipe dream? :)

DAMN SKIPPY.  If I can't get a refund on my CFD payments, nobody can!

"Demand to know." Haha. Prob would make more sense for current PS residents to petition/protest/march.  Lookie loos have no leverage. And TIC isn't even selling the homes. 3rd party builders are. They know nothing about the master plan.

bones said:
"Demand to know." Haha. Prob would make more sense for current PS residents to petition/protest/march.  Lookie loos have no leverage. And TIC isn't even selling the homes. 3rd party builders are. They know nothing about the master plan.

Yeah. Best strategy would be through our elected officials (city council / planning commission).

Given the spread out location of each enclave of PS, I don't think a retail space or a community park would really make a lot of difference (It would not be walking distance to majority of PS resident anyway -- so if you have to drive, then just go to Woodbury or the Great Park or other village Community Parks).  I actually prefer the current setup of PS .. still lots of open space, minimal traffic and noise etc.  There are still lot of open spaces in PS so it will still be a guessing game on what will be built on those area.

If you drive on Portola PKwy towards 241, after school they r building a pedestrian brigdge. I saw some machines at work, could they build more homes there? Maybe yes?

OC_relocation said:
If you drive on Portola PKwy towards 241, after school they r building a pedestrian brigdge. I saw some machines at work, could they build more homes there? Maybe yes?

Yes. Those are the areas of future enclaves.  Time for someone to post the (outdated) PS master plan again. Or does someone have a more recent one?

Any idea when the gated community will start building?  This will be very popular I'm sure, but I'm interested as well.

thelandofnoland said:
The following information is the latest information from the Irvine Company itself in late 2014.

29xyxvo.png

The map is missing Enclave 6 between the SR-133 and Pavilion Park. But thank you for the updated map. So the community park is still there, but retail is permanently gone, right?

OC_relocation said:
Thanks for sharing, so there will be  many activities in ps in next few months:)

Not months... try years!  IIRC, Portola Springs started selling in early 2007 (or maybe it was late 2006) so it's 8 years in the making to get to this point.  Wonder how many more years to go before the final master plan gets finished. 

Of course, the biggest hoax perpetrated on prior PS residents was the "Great Park."  I'm sure a lot of early PS residents bought there because they would be next to an urban park in the class of NY Central Park and SD Balboa Park.  My advice, don't buy a house based on something someone tells you will be there some day because that day may never come.

Happiness said:
Of course, the biggest hoax perpetrated on prior PS residents was the "Great Park."  I'm sure a lot of early PS residents bought there because they would be next to an urban park in the class of NY Central Park and SD Balboa Park.  My advice, don't buy a house based on something someone tells you will be there some day because that day may never come.

...Or you can be like Tustin and keep homebuyers out of Legacy by humoring the Angels baseball stadium...

collected said:
I just went to Cariz and Willow by KB last weekend.  Cariz is all sold out except for 1.  They said that they are raising prices 8-15k.  Cariz seems more favorable than the 4 story Willow.  Some of the models at Cariz have garages 2 cars wide instead of 2 cars deep.  Also price per sqft at Cariz seems better since stairs are included in the calculations.

I couldn't imagine myself living in either one of these dumps.  They put music in the apartments so you wouldn't hear the kids screaming at the pool.  It's going to be very cramped and I can already see everyone fighting over guest parking so that they only park 1 car in the 2-deep garage. 

Also I believe that HOA was high, something like $315/mo.

Umm well for someone lower middle class like me as per IR standards, i just bought a condo in willow for 550k :( as my 1st property...so only god knows what i have signed up for in the near future.

Toesonthanose said:
They released phase 3 last weekend (3/14) and sold 16 of 18 available. Model 1 and 1X pricing up to 469.9k and 499.9k respectively...

Have you seen them raise prices on other 1778 sq feet units too? I found one that was sold out for $310/Sq Ft in Oct 2015 ....the cheapest by far in IR. However, it has neighbors stacked up/left-right and down in comparison to 1614 sq ft units (no up/down neighbors: stand-alone structure condos with left/right neighbors) with pricing of $338/sq ft being sold out in Dec 2015 in PS

Well i kind of answered my own question here, here is some very valuable free market analysis for all:
https://www.coldwellbankerhomes.com/ca/irvine/62-origin/pid_1101742/

This was a jackpot deal that a superlucky buyer won this march 2015: 289$/sq ft....i am shocked and still can't believe it happened ...1778 sq ft , 2 floor home sold out for $514,973.....aahhhh this was such an AWESOME Deal...

sad part is now the same units are being offered for $594k and up...so we have a jump of 80,000 in 9 Months.....

Back