Car seats and Strollers

I'll third the Chicco keyfit 30.. we started with a graco snugfit but it just didn't look comfortable for the baby..
we quickly swapped it out and got the Chicco travel system. (the stroller is nice too cause you can put the seat down completely flat and the baby can sleep on his/her back in it).

We also have a Aprica Presto as the lightweight stroller. This is the stroller we use 90% of the time as the Chicco one is just too heavy/bulky.

http://www.amazon.com/Aprica-Presto-Flat-Stroller-Premiere/dp/B004MDLBBS/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1347993304&sr=8-1&keywords=aprica

We have a BOB that we bought from REI (REI rocks) when they had their 25% off sale. The stroller is great for everything we need, we got the car seat adapter for the Chico and have used it since our daughter was born. It is definitely one of the expensive strollers, but if you ever go to the beach or even for a long walk it works a lot better than the Snap n Go.

bones said:
i'll 4th the chicco keyfit 30.  we pair it with the uppababy vista.  the adapter is a perfect fit.  easy in and out.  baby seems very comfy in it.  he never wakes up when we do the transfer from house to car to stroller.

And the 5th vote for the Chicco Keyfit 30 from me. We also used it with Uppababy Vista stroller. I was a bit skeptical about the idea of using adapter before the purchase, but it's actually very easy to use and the car seat fits it well.

We're expecting our first next month and went with the uppa baby and chicco keyfit also. The uppa baby lets you start with a bassinet, car seat, then upgrade to the child seat. Plus if we want to have a second child, we can add a booster seat and seat them both on the same stroller. It's a bit pricy but my hubby convinced me that it was worth the investment.

Get the Baby Bargains book. It has some great advice on baby gear.  We learned about it when we met a couple using the book at Bergstroms.  You can get the book at Target.

Also, we considered the Chico Keyfit but the book convinced us not to go beyond the infant car seats that go up to about 22 lbs.  It was really good advice because the bigger infant carriers are heavier and add the weight of the baby and its really hard to get them in and out of the car.  Also, with both kids, by the time they were old enough and wanted to sit up and look around, they weren't even 20 lbs. yet.

Gonna revive an old thread here. 

My little boy is really out growing his Chicco KeyFit30.  I want to keep him rear facing as long as possible so I'm looking to purchase a Convertible seat for him.

My friend recommended the Recaro Proride since he just bought one and my other friends were pushing Britax.  Anyone have experiences with these two makes?  Got any recommendations?

HOMEOWNER SIMPSON said:
Gonna revive an old thread here. 

My little boy is really out growing his Chicco KeyFit30.  I want to keep him rear facing as long as possible so I'm looking to purchase a Convertible seat for him.

My friend recommended the Recaro Proride since he just bought one and my other friends were pushing Britax.  Anyone have experiences with these two makes?  Got any recommendations?

We have two Britaxes...one expensive one...one cheap one.  They both work well.  They do take up a lot of space though. 

The expensive one is the Advocate.  We got that one on sale and with a coupon from Baby's R Us.  The cheap one was the Roundabout from Target.

We went from the Chicco Keyfit30 to an Evenflo Symphony E3 Convertible to the Recaro Performance Sport Harness to Booster.  The convertible carseats overall tend to be bulky and high because they can be configured to do a lot more than a booster or an infant carseat.  I personally have been very happy with the quality, size, and mechanisms in the Recaro.  We were about to buy a Britax but decided to give the Recaro a try and haven't had any issues with it.

I have no experience with the convertible Recaro seats, but you may want to consider how much you are spending versus the longevity of use.  Safety obviously is a given.  I wasn't planning to use a convertible carseat (and rear facing) for very long as I have one super tall 2 year old toddler.

lovinLife said:
but you may want to consider how much you are spending versus the longevity of use. 

homer wipes his butt with $100, money is no object. Some people wear his shoe boxes as actual shoes.

Going to considers the Chicco Nextfit as well, thanks Bones!

I've had nothing but good things to say about the Chicco KeyFit recommended by a majority on Talk Irvine.  :)

Back