Calorie Counting App

I have realistic self esteem.

The self deprecating humor is for entertainment... if you can't make fun of yourself, you're wound up too tight. I don't do it so people will feel sorry for me, I do it so that people can laugh (and feel better about life in general).

Ooo... how is that for a non-joking response?

SoCal said:
Iho, do you suffer from low self-esteem? I can't help but notice little comments here and there all the time throughout the years and not just about fitness. You have a very self-deprecating sense of humor. That usually means more than meets the eye. You do know you have a lot going for you, right? (I will be shocked if you acknowledge this and without a joke.)  :)

IHO is probably the last guy in this world to suffer from low self-esteem.  He's just humble... IHO doesnt stand for Irvine Home Own, it stands for Irvine's Humblest Oreo Oriental Owner...

Cubic Zirconia said:
homer_simpson said:
SoCal said:
Wow, Homer! You must be in tip-top condition! Thank you for the tips. I will heed your advice! (It hurts to type!)

Far from it.. I just try to stay in shape.

:) Of course! Stalker says Homer is in shape.

When I watch him sprint on the track, he seems pretty athletic!  :-X

You took a pic of me too!

fat-football-player-running.jpg

How's everyone's diet going?

I'm hopping back onto the wagon after a few cheat days.

Breakfast - 1/2 cup of steel cut oats and half a banana, 4 egg whites and 1 whole egg.

Snack - Protein Bar

Lunch - 6 ounces of oven roasted turkey, 1/2 cup of quinoa with edamame

Lunch - 6 ounces of oven roasted turkey, 1/2 cup of quinoa and broccoli

Snack - Almonds (You guessed it CZ, 17 pieces)

Dinner - Seared Tuna salad.

Dessert - Orange

Homer, are you having two lunches or is that a typo?

My "diet" is going terribly! I'm doing terribly. It's been a rough year for me and it shows! I can never remember a time when I've battled my weight with such difficulty as I am right now. However, I have always fluctuated up & down by quite a bit. It just depends on where I am in life and what my routine is.

One thing has changed recently. Once a week, I'm filmed for a T.V. broadcast which is seen all over the south-land. Soon it will be cross-country. I'm really anxious about seeing myself. I mean -- what a reality check THAT is! For me, seeing myself on TV is so cringe-worthy. It is a big motivator to do something!  ???

SoCal said:

My "diet" is going terribly! I'm doing terribly. It's been a rough year for me and it shows! I can never remember a time when I've battled my weight with such difficulty as I am right now. However, I have always fluctuated up & down by quite a bit. It just depends on where I am in life and what my routine is.

One thing has changed recently. Once a week, I'm filmed for a T.V. broadcast with is seen all over the south-land. Soon it will be cross-country. I'm really anxious about seeing myself. I mean -- what a reality check THAT is! For me, seeing myself on TV is so cringe-worthy. It is a big motivator to do something!  ???

I have two lunches :)  Each lunch is about 300 calories.

You are a movie star??  :-*

SoCal said:

One thing has changed recently. Once a week, I'm filmed for a T.V. broadcast which is seen all over the south-land. Soon it will be cross-country. I'm really anxious about seeing myself. I mean -- what a reality check THAT is! For me, seeing myself on TV is so cringe-worthy. It is a big motivator to do something!  ???

TI celebrity! Which channel? Do share details with us.. we will be the cheerleaders :)
I am up and down with my weight too.. guess it's the age/ hormones at play too after 35? Are you still logging in your food? I started and munching is under control now, and I am back to eating a lot of peanut butter.

Homer- way to go! I see a balanced diet- there are carbs too.. Currently, my macros are 35-35-30. I know upping protein will give immediate results, but not in a mood to do that yet.

What's the motivation to work out/ diet now?

When I started out last Spring, I had gained a lot of weight post husband's surgery. Lot of weight is a wrong word- let's say I had become curvy with all that stress induced eating, still normal BMI, but on the other end of the range. Also, fitness was down. Wanted to fit in my wedding dress.

Year later -> BMI a bit above my normal range, but I will take that. I can hold the plank position for 1:30 and oh, I can do certain exercises using my six year old as a prop ;-) I am happy with the body/ fitness level. I think as soon as I lose this winter weight, it's mostly maintenance mode for me. There is no significant goal to reach other than be a positive influence on daughters.

How about you?

Cubic Zirconia said:
SoCal said:

TI celebrity! Which channel? Do share details with us.. we will be the cheerleaders :)
I am up and down with my weight too.. guess it's the age/ hormones at play too after 35? Are you still logging in your food? I started and munching is under control now, and I am back to eating a lot of peanut butter.

I'm under 35. If by logging food you mean writing up creative dinner menus, then of course!  ;)

It's a weekly broadcast. After I just spilled my guts out to everyone here, I don't know if I want to say here which channel it is. Maybe I can P.M. you.

Your fat allocation is really low- how do you do that? I don't even enter the oil I use to cook, and I easily reach 30%..I think if I add cooking oil, it will be more. Always though vegetarians ate less fat!

Cubic Zirconia said:
Your fat allocation is really low- how do you do that? I don't even enter the oil I use to cook, and I easily reach 30%..I think if I add cooking oil, it will be more. Always though vegetarians ate less fat!

I'm getting most of my fats from the egg yolk, almonds, protein bar and lean protein.

Homer, I'm curious. What would you do if your wife gave you a 1 lb. box of chocolates for Valentine's Day? Would you wait until she's not looking then throw it away?

This happened to me yesterday. Mr. SoCal gave me a box. I looked at him like he's a little crazy but don't want to hurt his feelings. I don't know what to do with them.

Back