Calorie Counting App

Cubic Zirconia said:
Portion control. I need a dessert everyday, but when I buy from Costco, it's hard to stop at one assorted mini of whatever it was.

CZ, the problem isn't us. The problem is: we need fatter husbands. If they would only take bigger portions so there is nothing left but crumbs for us, dieting would be... err... a piece of cake! I'm going to see if I can trade mine in for a bigger one... The 15 year lease is up this summer.

SoCal said:
Cubic Zirconia said:
Portion control. I need a dessert everyday, but when I buy from Costco, it's hard to stop at one assorted mini of whatever it was.

CZ, the problem isn't us. The problem is: we need fatter husbands. If they would only take bigger portions so there is nothing left but crumbs for us, dieting would be... err... a piece of cake! I'm going to see if I can trade mine in for a bigger one... The 15 year lease is up this summer.

Haha! Sure :) Who really cares about fitness, good health, and looking pretty and all that.. as long as we are thinner than them husbands, our world is beautiful ;-)

15 already?? We just had our 14th annual review..thought you signed the lease after we signed our mortgage?

SoCal said:
But first I need to un-learn how to cook and bake. Who can unteach me?

I could! Eat what I cook for a week, and then I promise, you will forget, cooking, baking and most importantly eating!

Cubic Zirconia said:
Haha! Sure :) Who really cares about fitness, good health, and looking pretty and all that.. as long as we are thinner than them husbands, our world is beautiful ;-)

15 already?? We just had our 14th annual review..thought you signed the lease after we signed our mortgage?

Together 15 / married 13 this spring.

Congrats to Mr. CZ on his contract being renewed!

SoCal said:
Cubic Zirconia said:

Together 15 / married 13 this spring.

Congrats to Mr. CZ on his contract being renewed!

Thank you :) Correction: It's not a lease, it's a mortgage.. started out as interest only and then it reset into a variable rate..and then there is prepayment penalty.. you don't even want to know more :p

homer_simpson said:
CZ- Yep! Down to my happy BF% :)

YAY!
picsor.jpg

Personal observation: Once I start logging my food, I cut down on my munching. So far so good, body fat at 16.5% as of this morning, but I don't feel it yet. May be a sweaty hike will do wonders :) It's a lovely afternoon.. if weekend stays this way, $400/SF justified!

Has anyone tried Tabata??

OMG. You wouldn't think exercising for a short duration would do much of anything. I'm sore. I've been doing it for a few days.

Homer, didn't you say you do high-intensity interval training?

SoCal said:
Has anyone tried Tabata??

OMG. You wouldn't think exercising for a short duration would do much of anything. I'm sore. I've been doing it for a few days.

Homer, didn't you say you do high-intensity interval training?

Absolutely.

My HIIT consists of Plyometrics, Jump Roping and Sprints at your local High School track  :D  This is the best way to burn Fat and Calories at a short period of time.  Please remember to not do HIIT every day, well basically if you have enough energy to this everyday it means of of two things: You aren't pushing yourself hard enough or you are doping.. lol

This is a sample of a HIIT day workout.

- I jog around the track for a mile to warm up.

- Stretch

- Sprint (Balls to the Walls!) the long side of the track... Push with everything you have and not let up!!

- I do a slow walk around the small bend of the track.

- Repeat the sprint.

- Repeat the slow walk.

Each sprint is around 20 seconds and the walk is around 30-45 seconds... I do about 8-10 minutes of sprint depending on my body feels. 

You can do the same with a Jump Rope or Plyometrics workouts at home. 

Since you are in FHR Socal, I would take advantage of the hills. 

- Run up the hills for about 30 seconds, walk down them for 1 minute... repeat repeat repeat!

No wonder Homer is so fast and doesn't get tired running.

And now we also know why IHO is so slow, doesn't run and barely jumps.

irvinehomeowner said:
No wonder Homer is so fast and doesn't get tired running.

And now we also know why IHO is so slow, doesn't run and barely jumps.

I thought you don't run and barely jump because your expertise is banking 3 point shots?  :-\

Wow, Homer! You must be in tip-top condition! Thank you for the tips. I will heed your advice! (It hurts to type!)

Iho, do you suffer from low self-esteem? I can't help but notice little comments here and there all the time throughout the years and not just about fitness. You have a very self-deprecating sense of humor. That usually means more than meets the eye. You do know you have a lot going for you, right? (I will be shocked if you acknowledge this and without a joke.)  :)

Back