Best village of Irvine

test said:
broda said:
I 2nd Shady Canyon...only place in Irvine right now you can get a non cookie cutter home.

Looks cookie cutter to me.

6ycisn.jpg
http://www.redfin.com/CA/Irvine/17-Needle-Grass-92603/home/7202745

Sign me up for the waiting list of IP's next community if this is the template

Cubic Zirconia said:
woodburyowner said:
I'm a big fan of NW2.  Good, convenient location with walking distance to Cypress Village Shopping Center.  Far enough from 5 freeway where the you can't hear it, but close enough where it's easy to get there in 5 minutes.  Also, it's a small gated community (gives a better sense of security than non gated communities) with a nice size club house, and pool facilities.  Due to the size of the community, the facilities are rarely full.  HOA is only $130.  Another nice thing is that the cost of entry into the community is I think >$600k and there are no apartments.

I like NW2 also! Schools are good, community is good, location is good.. prices.. hmm.. good to cover all the goodness :)

I'll add that it's got a nice entrance to the gate, then a nice central clubhouse landscaping and spacious grass field that greets everyone after the gates (that in newer villages would probably have been eliminated to squeeze more houses in), lined by the old-growth eucalyptus trees that give an impressive and long-established feel to the community, low traffic compared to the larger villages, and a nice mix of smaller condos up to 4000 sf SFRs for a diversity of residents from retirees to families. 

Back