Best village of Irvine

cubiczirconia

Landfill, freeways, toxic plume seem to come up time a community in Irvine is discussed. Still all the houses are selling with a premium, and people are buying without a care. Budget constraints removed, everyone would love to buy in Turtle Rock/ Turtle Ridge, but within constraints of your life, what's the best village in your view? Please share a sentence or two about why you think it's the best choice you made.

I will go first. On the TUSD side of Culver- newer homes, less upkeep, and good resale value. Schools are technically TUSD, but they are on par with IUSD schools.

Cubic Zirconia said:
Landfill, freeways, toxic plume seem to come up time a community in Irvine is discussed. Still all the houses are selling with a premium, and people are buying without a care. Budget constraints removed, everyone would love to buy in Turtle Rock/ Turtle Ridge, but within constraints of your life, what's the best village in your view? Please share a sentence or two about why you think it's the best choice you made.

I will go first. On the TUSD side of Culver- newer homes, less upkeep, and good resale value. Schools are technically TUSD, but they are on par with IUSD schools.

Quail Hill (Linden Tract).  I regret buying in my current location and not buying in Quail Hill even though I can flip my home for about $200k more and move there but it would such a headache...

The feel of the Linden Tract is wonderful... Lots of families with kids walking around at night and almost everyone there are very sociable.  The area just feels a little more upscale then my hood... Another big plus is that my wife's colleague lives there and has a son the same age as our kiddo which would make play dates easier. 

Pulled this off the google search: http://quailhillarea.com/idx/main/eflyer.php?MLS_NUM=OC13071935&id_from=h847Ta5x14PoHEG47Nfm46594Dq513P8DPQjp0n9
These detached condos you mean? Never been to that area. Will check it out.

Cubic Zirconia said:

I do like the tract you mentioned for its convenience to freeways, shopping and schools.. Only downside is the lack of a community feel and it's proximity to Apartments (low income).

homer_simpson said:
Cubic Zirconia said:

I do like the tract you mentioned for its convenience to freeways, shopping and schools.. Only downside is the lack of a community feel and it's proximity to Apartments (low income).

I didn't know they were low income. They all seem to park expensive cars outside..some nights I see a Maserati :)

I'll one up Homer, Quail Hill - Chantilly tract, it's two tracts north of Linden has cul-de-sac streets and HUGE floorplans. Or... if you really want to ball... Vicara tract, that's the tract that looks down on the rest of the homes in QH.

There is a con to QH though, no close by middle school, kids have to take the bus to Rancho San Joaquin in University Park. University High is also quite a distance.

Best old school village is a tie between Turtle Rock and Woodplume... err... bridge. Elevation or flakes, your choice.

Cubic Zirconia said:
homer_simpson said:
Cubic Zirconia said:

I didn't know they were low income. They all seem to park expensive cars outside..some nights I see a Maserati :)

I've spoken to that guy with the Maserati.... Let's say some people like to look rich...  :-X

Turtle Rock all the way!  Love the open feeling driving on TR Drive, the trees, the schools (AMAZING parent involvement), the lot sizes and the LOCATION!  And it's not crowded feeling. 

I don't have a favorite area, but I would pick Woodbury community with Maricopa layout and Quail Hill location if it existed.

I'm a big fan of NW2.  Good, convenient location with walking distance to Cypress Village Shopping Center.  Far enough from 5 freeway where the you can't hear it, but close enough where it's easy to get there in 5 minutes.  Also, it's a small gated community (gives a better sense of security than non gated communities) with a nice size club house, and pool facilities.  Due to the size of the community, the facilities are rarely full.  HOA is only $130.  Another nice thing is that the cost of entry into the community is I think >$600k and there are no apartments.

a buddy of mine lives in northpark square off of culver and bryan. i like that area due to its proximity to the 5, the marketplace and its just pretty central in general.

woodburyowner said:
I'm a big fan of NW2.  Good, convenient location with walking distance to Cypress Village Shopping Center.  Far enough from 5 freeway where the you can't hear it, but close enough where it's easy to get there in 5 minutes.  Also, it's a small gated community (gives a better sense of security than non gated communities) with a nice size club house, and pool facilities.  Due to the size of the community, the facilities are rarely full.  HOA is only $130.  Another nice thing is that the cost of entry into the community is I think >$600k and there are no apartments.

I like NW2 also! Schools are good, community is good, location is good.. prices.. hmm.. good to cover all the goodness :)

West Park homes that are zoned to University HS. close to many parks, very central location, not as dense as new communities nor as expensive as Turtle Hill. HOA is low, mello-roos expring, far enough from TCE plume, freeway and landfill.

if $ not a problem, Shady Canyon is the best village in Irvine.

Woodbridge for sure... Nothing beats central location....and I get to make a right turn out of Ranch 99....F the plume....the less time I spend on Culver the better

broda said:
I 2nd Shady Canyon...only place in Irvine right now you can get a non cookie cutter home.

Looks cookie cutter to me.

6ycisn.jpg

Back