Best Happy Hour Irvine??

Let's get a good list of food and drink happy hours in Irvine.

McCormick on Main has very good food prices from 4-6pm, which includes many items for $2-$5.

Not all Irvine, but-- Kimera, Islands, Acapulco, Oysters, Wildfish, Bungalow, Landmark, and Yardhouse all have good Happy Hours.

Yardhouse 4-6 M-Th(not sure about Fridays). Pint of draft was like $3.50. 50% on appetizers

BJ 10-closing M-TH (might be available from 4-6 too). pints are under $4 and i think there are specials on appetizers

D&B 4-7 and 10-closing M-Th. $1 off beers, 1/2 off on cocktails. not sure about food.

Steelhead 4-6 M-TH, beers are like $3.50. and appetizers discount like 50%.

FYI, this information is from last year. I havent been to these HH in like months.

[quote author="SoCal78" date=1232343411]I've never been to a happy hour but it sounds fun.</blockquote>

You're 19 right?

[quote author="SoCal78" date=1232343411]I've never been to a happy hour but it sounds fun.</blockquote>

I see that you have a McCormick's near you. My family walks to the one near our house about once every two weeks. If you can go during the 4-6 time (as was posted earlier), your whole family can have dinner out for under $25 including tip. The burgers are huge and delicious ($1.95) and the kids menu is $4.95 including drink. All you have to do is buy any drink, I think there are 5 or 6 things available for $1.95. We take the kids and sit on the patio so not to interrupt the regular happy hour drinkers. We have fun and it gets us all out of the house during the dreaded 4:30-6:30 crazy time around our house.

[quote author="26w100k+" date=1232791885][quote author="SoCal78" date=1232343411]I've never been to a happy hour but it sounds fun.</blockquote>

You're 19 right?</blockquote>

I'm 30.

Thanks for the tip, tmare. It sounds like a good value. Are happy hours just a weekday thing?

1) They usually they are Monday thru Thursday or Friday

2) They usually are between the hours of 4-6

3) They usually involve cheap(er) alcoholic beverages

[quote author="QH Renter" date=1232807001]1) They usually they are Monday thru Thursday or Friday

2) They usually are between the hours of 4-6

3) They usually involve cheap(er) alcoholic beverages</blockquote>

I don't know if they are all the same but ours in Santa Ana on Main is from 4-6, Mon.-Fri. and I wouldn't know about the drinks. The few times we have had an alcoholic drink, we had wine or beer so I don't know about the mixed drinks. When we realized just how much more we were paying to have one glass of wine each, we decided to have our wine at home. This is my "mommy's night off cooking" night and I am trying to stay within a budget. The price ends up about the same as cooking at home, when I drink ice tea, that is.

McCormicks is a good deal. . .I work around the one in Irvine and co-workers go there once in a while.

Pucks at South Coast is pretty good. . .I believe that they have pretty good drink specials and half of of sushi rolls and appetizers.

Wow wow wow. You guys are starting her off at McCormicks' right off the bat? WTF?

People, we have 9 YEARS to make up for!

Heres the way its gonna go. We'll get some of the IHB boys to take you out, starting at the bottom. That means either crappy hotel bar, or TGI Fridays or something. Then we'll work our way up to Tijauanas by Sand Canyon. Then *maybe* McCormicks.

Also, You've been out to bars right? just never happy hour time?

[quote author="26w100k+" date=1232942441]Wow wow wow. You guys are starting her off at McCormicks' right off the bat? WTF?

People, we have 9 YEARS to make up for!

Heres the way its gonna go. We'll get some of the IHB boys to take you out, starting at the bottom. That means either crappy hotel bar, or TGI Fridays or something. Then we'll work our way up to Tijauanas by Sand Canyon. Then *maybe* McCormicks.

Also, You've been out to bars right? just never happy hour time?</blockquote>

I'm sure she has lots of time for this stuff, can she bring the kids?

You guys are too funny.

I can't honestly say I've been to a "bar"-bar. I've been to a restaurant that has a bar in it, of course (does that count?) I've never sat at the bar, I've never gone somewhere just to have a drink... and I've definitely never been to a place that isn't a restaurant and just a bar like a pub - nothing like that. I can scarcely hold a drink due to my lack of tolerance from infrequent drinking. I have one margarita every year on my birthday and am pretty sloppy halfway through it.

[quote author="SoCal78" date=1232956707]You guys are too funny.

I can't honestly say I've been to a "bar"-bar. I've been to a restaurant that has a bar in it, of course (does that count?) I've never sat at the bar, I've never gone somewhere just to have a drink... <span style="color: red;"><span style="font-size: 13px;"><strong>and I've definitely never been to a place that isn't a restaurant and just a bar like a pub </strong></span></span>- nothing like that. I can scarcely hold a drink due to my lack of tolerance from infrequent drinking. I have one margarita every year on my birthday and am pretty sloppy halfway through it.</blockquote>

Socal, your moral character is something to be admired...

but can someone please call PeterUK and make sure he's OK? I'm sure he fell off of whatever he was sitting on when he read that line.

Thanks, Deuce. You're a kind person. I don't deserve the kuddos this time around, though. It's nothing that was on my abstain-list. I just never had a chance to get around to it.

SoCal,

Well you know what this means... we need to call a G2G in your honor! Has anybody been to Muldoons.... Maybe its a bit much.

-bix

my guess is she also doesn't know what taco tuesday means. incredible! someone needs to take her to HH somewhere and have her get kicked out for hitting the sauce too hard. being asked to leave a bar on a weeknight is a rite of passage.

Back