Belvedere at Eastwood

abosch00 said:
Just curious what people think of Belvedere here in terms of location within eastwood village.  Is it worth it or just wait for Calistoga to open and see what they are offering?

Calistoga will be higher priced due to two factors: higher base priced product and the fact that you will get price creep during the time you have to wait. There will always be something coming around the corner that will be better, but then you pay more $$$. If you like Belvedere - buy it. No guarantees that you will like Calistoga any better, then you just increased the cost of your Belvedere home...

Just did a drive by in Eastwood and Mr Belvedere and the old northwood homes that run adjacent sort of stuck out like a sore thumb.  Yeah I know, they're going to plant trees along that paseo walk way, but there's no hiding those older homes.  Kinda ruins the new home community feel in my opinion.  No other new planned community has this issue.

Am I being super snobby or do other people share my opinion/concerns?

abosch00 said:
Just did a drive by in Eastwood and Mr Belvedere and the old northwood homes that run adjacent sort of stuck out like a sore thumb.  Yeah I know, they're going to plant trees along that paseo walk way, but there's no hiding those older homes.  Kinda ruins the new home community feel in my opinion.  No other new planned community has this issue.

I would agree. Even though the house is new, if you can see the old homes right behind you it makes it feel like you're moving into a refurbished community.

Irvine or Bust said:
abosch00 said:

I would agree. Even though the house is new, if you can see the old homes right behind you it makes it feel like you're moving into a refurbished community.

Well, that's especially true if you are buying the "premium" lots in Phase 3 & Phase 4, which are the homes facing the old Northwood homes.  If you buy other phases, then you won't have this problem with your home. 

Good news is there is only 1 home left with this premium view last time I checked :)

wbresident said:
Irvine or Bust said:
abosch00 said:

Well, that's especially true if you are buying the "premium" lots in Phase 3 & Phase 4, which are the homes facing the old Northwood homes.  If you buy other phases, then you won't have this problem with your home. 

Good news is there is only 1 home left with this premium view last time I checked :)

I know, 25K stare at old houses.  Maybe in 15 years the trees will grow in nice and thick and it won't be a problem  ;)

abosch00 said:

I think Eastwood will end up looking just fine. When they built Northwood II (Northwood Estates as they're calling it now), there were older homes built along their paseo area as well. They're pretty well hidden with the paseo and trees.

Finally got a chance to see Belvedere. Nice floor plans with good use of space. I like that 3X plan but was surprised to see the price $1.32 at base price not including upgrades, not including lot premium for a non view home with likely a neighbor(s) behind. And in a neighborhood similar to stonegate, non gated, flat land. Am I the only one that thinks this price point is quite high?

But they have no issues selling thus far. They told me phase 4 is all sold out. That kool aid must be some strong stuff.

Paris said:
Finally got a chance to see Belvedere. Nice floor plans with good use of space. I like that 3X plan but was surprised to see the price $1.32 at base price not including upgrades, not including lot premium for a non view home with likely a neighbor(s) behind. And in a neighborhood similar to stonegate, non gated, flat land. Am I the only one that thinks this price point is quite high?

But they have no issues selling thus far. They told me phase 4 is all sold out. That kool aid must be some strong stuff.

Thinking about leaving OH?
#interesting

eyephone said:
Paris said:

#interesting

No. Just wanted to see what all the buzz was about. And I like looking at model homes to get design ideas

Paris said:
eyephone said:
Paris said:

#interesting

No. Just wanted to see what all the buzz was about. And I like looking at model homes to get design ideas

Did you get a price sheet?

Paris said:

Lower tax rate is a selling point for them.

aquabliss said:
Plan 3 owners are going to have to resell at $1.5M+ to realize any profit.  Will be interesting.

Well and truly once they put in costs for flooring, bath and kitchen upgrades, window coverings, landscape and all the frills to make it model home perfect - that break even will be quite high.  But for most of us that new model home high is quite intoxicating  :)

Speaking of the model homes in Eastwood, I LOVED their baseball themed bedroom. Took me a while to find it, but the bedding is from Restoration Hardware Baby and Child. I would love to find out where the pipe bedframe came from.

eyephone said:
Paris said:
eyephone said:
Paris said:

#interesting

Tax rate 1.3%/  HOA $125

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 644
Paris said:
eyephone said:
Paris said:
eyephone said:
Paris said:

#interesting

Tax rate 1.3/ HOA $125

See your interested you got a price sheet.

Paris said:
aquabliss said:
Plan 3 owners are going to have to resell at $1.5M+ to realize any profit.  Will be interesting.

Well and truly once they put in costs for flooring, bath and kitchen upgrades, window coverings, landscape and all the frills to make it model home perfect - that break even will be quite high.  But for most of us that new model home high is quite intoxicating  :)

Ya that's the problem.  Once you get done decorating you think your house is worth more than all the others on the block and you want to sell it and start all over again.

Expensive hobby.

USCTrojanCPA said:
I was at Belvedere registering a client this weekend and found out the details on the single-story Plan 4 home. Oh man, 600/sf ($1.2m for about 2,000sf) without 10+ foot ceilings and the WORST part of it all....an 8 foot driveway where you CAN'T park your cars on.  What a FAIL!

A family member is on the list for the single story, they will likely pass due to the price and the fact you can't park on the driveway. Not that they will park on the driveway, but just knowing you can't is a turn off.

A S said:
USCTrojanCPA said:
I was at Belvedere registering a client this weekend and found out the details on the single-story Plan 4 home. Oh man, 600/sf ($1.2m for about 2,000sf) without 10+ foot ceilings and the WORST part of it all....an 8 foot driveway where you CAN'T park your cars on.  What a FAIL!

A family member is on the list for the single story, they will likely pass due to the price and the fact you can't park on the driveway. Not that they will park on the driveway, but just knowing you can't is a turn off.
Why not look at the Khov single stories (Silvermist and Rosemont) (I think Lennar has one too) at GP. They are much more reasonably priced and have gigantic ceilings (at least the Khov ones too...don't remember the Lennar one that well). I always thought the two Khov single stories were quite nice (when you consider their respective size) and had at least 12 foot ceilings while being on pretty solid lots. 

A S said:
USCTrojanCPA said:

WTF?  Can't park on the driveway?!  Is that the case for all of Belvedere or the single story only?

Back