Beacon Park

Stop asking so many questions. Do you want me to go LONL.

i1 said:
irvinehomeshopper said:
She thinks I was setting her up to lose the bet. That mound of dirt is for a future abutment of a pedestrian bridge that link PP the BP then to the rest of the future urban downtown. That corner will be a landscape corner intertwine with the stairs and ramp. Governmental, transportation engineering approval and processing are extremely lengthy because our government are known to work efficiently and speedily NOT.  Because of the unknown and government doesn't like to meet developers deadline that corner basically is on hold. Rather than a green fence the temporary stained wood fence is for the time being hides the pile of earth and prevents dust and dirt migrating to the street from any blowing wind.
So does this bridge just take you to a sidewalk next to homes? Or lead you to a Greenbelt connecting to the park, school or bosque? From the site plan it seemed like the former which wouldn't be a great design.

It looks like the bridge will land into an area surrounded by abundance of landscape more than 60' away from the back of homes by scaling the documents found at the City of Irvine.

irvinehomeshopper said:
She thinks I was setting her up to lose the bet. That mound of dirt is for a future abutment of a pedestrian bridge that link PP the BP then to the rest of the future urban downtown. That corner will be a landscape corner intertwine with the stairs and ramp. Governmental, transportation engineering approval and processing are extremely lengthy because our government are known to work efficiently and speedily NOT.  Because of the unknown and government doesn't like to meet developers deadline that corner basically is on hold. Rather than a green fence the temporary stained wood fence is for the time being hides the pile of earth and prevents dust and dirt migrating to the street from any blowing wind.

Glad to see the bridge will actually happen and not all talk.  After reading this, I can picture it when I drove home today with the ramp and everything.

bones said:
No offense Ronnie but anyone thats taken a good look at the fence can tell its temporary. I just really couldn't think of anything I want from you. I guess I can always ask you to make me a Ronnie ID so I can use the Ronnie coupons you post. Or maybe your wife can come over and cook me a meal since she's obviously much better at that than me.

I'll believe it when I see it.  I also thought the black stucco walls were temporary waiting for a stone facade.  Now I've grown to like them.

No meals for you boney... Via coupon, home cooked, or otherwise.

To all PP'ers, do you remember when you purchased, if any floorplan options you exercised bumped up the total sq ft and as a result would also bump you up to a higher MR tier and if so did it reflect in your property taxes?  Or is the MR based on the base sq ft regardless of adding additional sq ft (i.e. flex room in lieu of garage storage).

ps9 said:
To all PP'ers, do you remember when you purchased, if any floorplan options you exercised bumped up the total sq ft and as a result would also bump you up to a higher MR tier and if so did it reflect in your property taxes?  Or is the MR based on the base sq ft regardless of adding additional sq ft (i.e. flex room in lieu of garage storage).

There are situations where a floorplan's options (bay windows, etc.) will bump you up to the next tier of MR.  I believe the Sagewood plan 3 with in the east coast elevation had that situation, and I'm sure there are others.  MR is based on the actual square footage of the home after all options and additional square footage is calculated.

Avoid Jeffrey/Roosevelt/5 fwy, what a mess, 3 lanes into 1 around noon time on a Saturday???  What were they thinking? 

That k-8 is probably the largest draw, and high school is nearby
Higher MR but larger lots on avg compared to TIC products

Legit949 said:
Would any of the homes in Beacon Park make for a good investment? Thank you in advance...

I think you ask this question, every new development that releases.

#pattern

ps9 said:

Yes it's based on the sq footage of the home from the options you pick.  Try to get options that leave you at the high end of the range so you don't end up paying $700 yr extra for 2 sq. ft into the next tier.  At least lot size is not a factor in this, so get a big one or it's not worth it.

Oh wow - the jumps in MR for the next tiers of SF in BP are pretty harsh. $1400 to go from 3699 to 3700.  In PP, the biggest jump was <$900 IIRC with the magic number being 3,449sf.

The king left the castle doors unlocked this afternoon and the guards packed it up early so we went on a stroll around the Park of Beacon at our leisure. 

First impressions are that it feels very familiar, same vibe as Pavilion Park and you can tell the master planners are going for the same feel.  The neighborhood felt huge but that's probably because a lot of it was empty.  Not sure how it compares (in terms of land mass) to Pavilion Park but it felt significantly larger just during through and around it.

Feels very refreshing and so much different than TIC product, I think these homes will have no problem selling - once the masses hit the pavement next weekend I bet sales will move briskly. 

Not sure if they're going to leave the community open for people to drive through all this coming week, or weather this was just a mistake / anomaly.  I certainly wasn't the only person that noticed this.  I saw a few cars on Irvine Blvd make some crazy moves after noticing there were no barricades up, and zooming in to take a look around. 

Here's some pics, from what I can remember.  I thought I got more than this but when I got home I guess I was just more in a hurry and didn't snap everything I drove past. 

The brown fence is *everywhere*.  I don't know if all the brown fences are temporary or not but they dominate the landscape.  It's not a bad thing but it's different.  I can't imagine that somebodies back yard property line (or side) would be that brown fence, so maybe they're tearing them all down, who knows. 

2qtze5k.jpg

24gmukz.jpg

Back