Barcelona at Los Olivos Village

USCTrojanCPA said:
paperboyNC said:
lnc said:
Builder probably will use Laguna Altura?s current selling price as a comp for their asking price.

Unlike many other villages where 1000 to 20000 new homes were build, there are only 169 units here.  Zone to Uni and the only new product on the other side of 405/5, these will sell like hot cakes.

And unlike Laguna Altura, they are walking distance to an elementary school and shopping.

Will probably sell as good or better than Laguna Altura at $500/sf+.

Location is probably better than Laguna Altura.  But thinking some more about it,  the large number of apartments right next to you are a bit of a damper.  That mall is going to get very busy when this gets completed.

It's a pretty long walk up Irvine Center Dr (unpleasant with cars going 60) to go to Whole Foods. I wouldn't be too worried about that.

It's walkable by listing agent standards but practically speaking I'm not so sure

Not open yet.  The builder file permit with city's planning office just 2 month ago.  Grand opening usually is 6-12 month after the permit filling. 

What will be the expected price range?  Will they really start selling from $1.2M+?

Will it be a good buy for $1.2M+ (2300+ sqft)? Especially similar houses in Orchard hills are little cheaper & OH  is a guard gated community.

Please share your thoughts.

Burn That Belly said:
ochawk said:
What will be the expected price range?  Will they really may start from $1.2M+?

Will it be a good buy for $1.2M+ (2300+ sqft)? Especially similar houses in Orchid hills will be little cheaper & Orchid hills  is a guard gated community.

Please share your thoughts.

Everything is a good buy in Irvine. And it's Orchard Hills. Not Orchid Hills. Just say OH. Just make sure to bring your wallet.

They will start selling from 1.2M+ and then there will be a crash then the price will drop to 700K.
#OrchidHills

BTB you're losing it...
#OrchidHills

2rdw0at.jpg

I bet TIC will swing for the fences on this one.  I up my previous prediction. 
Plan 1 starting $1.31M, Plan 3 $1.47M.

Compressed-Village said:
fortune11 said:
irviniteeee said:
Villages of Irvine website has been updated and now includes Barcelona.
http://stage.villagesofirvine.com/villages-neighborhoods/barcelona-at-los-olivos/

Anyone know what school district this is zoned to ?

IUSD, elementary to built in neighborhood, Uni-high HS

Could be a good (longer term) investment given location, school district and walkability to whole foods.  Lets see how pricing looks

aquabliss said:
I bet TIC will swing for the fences on this one.  I up my previous prediction. 
Plan 1 starting $1.31M, Plan 3 $1.47M.

It'll be interesting to see how they decide to price these. On one hand, it's close to Hidden Canyon and Laguna Altura, which both demand a premium. On the other hand, it's in a business area where there has never been homes before this. We'll see.

irviniteeee said:
fortune11 said:
irviniteeee said:
Villages of Irvine website has been updated and now includes Barcelona.
http://stage.villagesofirvine.com/villages-neighborhoods/barcelona-at-los-olivos/

Anyone know what school district this is zoned to ?

When I read the school information, it said that for the first year it will be zoned to Cypress Village and Portola High for certain grade levels. Really strange.

this does seems strange ..  seeing the fight laguna altura went through to keep their HS zoning , buyers here may be a bit wary unless they offer more clarity

Back