Awful Experience at Colibri, Portola Springs

Plus Irvine is doing income restrict living...that isn't going to be good.  Unless the all cash Asians with no reported income take all of the available housing.

Next time when you stop at an intersection look left and right. If you see Asians drivers the destiny is SGV. Jdude is right. SM has very little commercial zone and zero apartment and the few shops that are there have been family businesses for generations. The population is restricted since its built-out in the 1940s. Irvine's business model is to build more, rent more, lease more and make more. Expand the roads to accommodate more traffic and add a few more signalized intersections to make way for the swelling population. Irvine is in the big league now surpassing 250,000. The problem is there are at  least 2.7 cars per household resulting in almost 700,000 cars and not counting the outside traffic that comes to this great city to shop and work. SM however does have Birth Tourism just like Woodbury.

zubs said:
Socal is probably wondering if she should close this thread as this is quite an uncomfortable subject...and has BBQ DOG. 

Oh, sorry, I missed this because I am too busy "collecting cans to recycle for profit behind 99 Ranch", according to some of us here.

No worries. This thread belongs to aquabliss. I am merely a casual observer, I got nothin' to do with it.  :) Enjoy.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wFGCr9KsqUA&feature=c4-overview&list=UU9avFXTdbSo5ATvzTRnAVFg[/youtube]

Kinda appropriate for this thread....I think

The California Court Company said:
"collecting cans to recycle for profit behind 99 Ranch" will not afford you a house in Irvine. that's why we see white flights to South County?

yawn-new.gif

http://www.talkirvine.com/index.php/topic,3857.msg62598.html#msg62598

why do you think everything is about you? I don't consider Foothill Ranch South County.

Oh, I don't know - maybe because you quoted me, using the pejorative "you", giving the same line for the umpteenth time in the familiar antagonistic tone. Get some original material. We are bored. It's time to turn the page.

"I don't consider Foothill Ranch South County." Oh. Okay.

map-south-orangecounty.gif

Foothill Ranch is the best alternative to Irvine, right? so that makes it Central Countysh?

SoCal said:
why do you think everything is about you? I don't consider Foothill Ranch South County.

Oh, I don't know - maybe because you quoted me, using the pejorative "you", giving the same line for the umpteenth time in the familiar antagonistic tone. Get some original material. We are bored. It's time to turn the page.

"I don't consider Foothill Ranch South County." Oh. Okay.

map-south-orangecounty.gif

SoCal said:
No worries. This thread belongs to aquabliss. I am merely a casual observer, I got nothin' to do with it.  :) Enjoy.
SoCal it's funny, when I started this thread I thought it would just last for 2-3 days, maybe a couple people would comment then it would be pushed to the bottom of the pile over time like everything else.  I had no idea that I'd be responding to your post on page 21 of the same thread in just a couple of weeks time.  It's certainly drifted a bit off topic (or has it), but I suppose you're right and I'll take responsibility for it :) 

I still feel a bit indifferent thinking back to that day, and if it weren't for this thread I probably would have long since forgotten about it.  I wonder if anyone from Ryland has seen the posts or the thread.  I still hold out the slim hope that one day I'll have a message in my Inbox of a Ryland executive that signed up for TalkIrvine specifically to get in touch with me and apologize for their employees bad behavior, but I'm not holding my breath. 

aquabliss said:
SoCal said:
SoCal it's funny, when I started this thread I thought it would just last for 2-3 days, maybe a couple people would comment then it would be pushed to the bottom of the pile over time like everything else.  I had no idea that I'd be responding to your post on page 21 of the same thread in just a couple of weeks time.  It's certainly drifted a bit off topic (or has it), but I suppose you're right and I'll take responsibility for it :) 

I still feel a bit indifferent thinking back to that day, and if it weren't for this thread I probably would have long since forgotten about it.  I wonder if anyone from Ryland has seen the posts or the thread.  I still hold out the slim hope that one day I'll have a message in my Inbox of a Ryland executive that signed up for TalkIrvine specifically to get in touch with me and apologize for their employees bad behavior, but I'm not holding my breath. 

Have you considered reaching out to a manager of that sales office?

SoCal said:
Have you considered reaching out to a manager of that sales office?

I haven't, but I'm not really looking for a forced apology or anything.  Usually the manager drives the culture and behavior of the agents, so I don't expect much more from the manager than I received from the underlings. 

I'm fine just to move on, and hopefully no more vomiting at the Baker Ranch grand opening!

As usual there are so many self proclaimed experts here that seemed to know many varieties of subjects from housing to XLB

This is a lesson for the corporate Commies here who think the pricier the goods the better the products. The restaurants in California are a bunch of cheap asses. Just like those cookie cutter houses the restaurants use smaller 8" diameter steamer baskets instead of the traditional 12" just to fit a few more into a giant steaming chamber. This compromises the quality of the XLB like the quality of home living when XLBs expand like the footage increase for houses and the skins are stuck to one another. Upon picking one XLB the skin will tear and the prized juice leaks out like a premature ejaculation defeating the purpose of an ultimate food orgasm like Meg Ryan in When Harry met Sally. The key is to use 12" diameter basket to allow spacings for XLB expansion. Cheap ass California restaurants use recyclable bamboo mat liners or thin disposable wax papers to line the button of the steamer basket in lieu of the traditional old school method by using several layers of napa cabbage. During steaming the 2 cheap methods prevent steam to circumvent the bottom of XLB leaving the bottom dough mushy and not allowing the bottom to breathe while sitting on the table. As the XLBs get cooled off the bottom forms an adhesive bond to the paper or the waxy bamboo. XLB will never get stuck to the napa cabbage because the uneven surface of the leaves and it's moisture content will prevent the XLB skin from adhering and drying up too quickly thus prolonging the shelf life to 10 minutes instead of 3 minutes for the 2 cheap ass methods. Excellent XLB is when the juice inside is plentiful, the skin is not broken, the meat is flavorful and as big as a table spoon (not tea spoon size made by Mexicans like DTF viewed as monkeys in a glass cage at the zoo).

Another thing about those recyclable bamboo mat liners at DTF. Maolanders love to spit plegmn and blow their nose into the napkin. Then crumble it up and throw in into the steamer basket on top of the bamboo liners before leaving. I have witnessed this many times at both California DTFs. The next time when you eat at a DTF in SCP, Americana or ArcAsia or other restaurants like Lucious or MamaLu in Chan Gabriel  think about me when you see a bamboo liner.

image_zps14dcbe81.jpg

image_zpsa6c949c4.jpg

image_zps709f3c7f.jpg

world chaos said:
I dunno, none of the xlb places in LA really stand out to me (including dtf)... I think joe shanghai is much better then dtf... But then Nanxiang xlb beats that by a bit (it's like quite a drive from shanghai from what I rememeber... Probably cause its like a whole town that pretty much just makes xlb so competition is fierce)... But then again the xlb my moms used to make back in taipei modified from ingredients bought at those local markets beats that too... So lol... Very subjective hahaha

irvinehomeshopper said:
Upon picking one XLB the skin will tear and the prized juice leaks out like a premature ejaculation defeating the purpose of an ultimate food orgasm like Meg Ryan in When Harry met Sally.

I feel dirty.

One thing that stands out with Joe's Shanghai XLB is how much more gelatinous the soup is compared to DTF and others in SoCal.  You almost feel like your lips can be stuck together by it.  I think they're quite good but the wife still prefers DTF for their super thin skin. 

for some reason i just thought of the red bean baos at dtf... the sweet desert with chewy skin... hmmm...

damn u... damn u all >_<

Back