Augusta at Columbus Square

irvinehomeowner said:
They are zoned to existing schools (and not close by either, they have to take them over to Woodbridge instead of to nearby Wespark) and most of that area wasn't really in need of work because it was former armed forces housing.

Actually they did get a new school - Creekside High  :)

freedomcm said:
the tax rate on those, as empty lots, was 3% last year!

are they going to be 3% too, once built?

The sales office told me the MR for Plan 1 is $6400 per year, so it's about 2% total tax/MR burden.

shadax said:
freedomcm said:

The sales office told me the MR for Plan 1 is $6400 per year, so it's about 2% total tax/MR burden.

Total taxes come to around 1.8%

zakami said:
shadax said:
freedomcm said:

Total taxes come to around 1.8%

Depends on the plan.  I am talking about Plan 1, which is $6400 per year per the sales office. at $670,000 and an assumed 1% property tax , that'd be 1.95%. That's assuming NO other attached assessments/taxes.

The interesting part is the Mello Roos... as a resident of CS, how would you like to know that your extraordinarily high MRs are paying for a continuation school rather than the elementary school you were expecting?

Do the CS residents have the right to sue to get their MR back and future payments cancelled, if they don't get their elementary school?

I would be really upset

freedomcm said:
Do the CS residents have the right to sue to get their MR back and future payments cancelled, if they don't get their elementary school?

I would be really upset

That's an interesting question.  What are the options for the residents?

Yet another reason that you can't trust things "in the planning/approval stage" to actually get built and utilized as promised.  Sorry, test.  I'll believe the other promised "features" of CS when I see them.

freedomcm said:

I would be really upset

my guess is that if you were to read the fine print in the sales contract there is probably some wording that allows for what they are doing.

qwerty said:
freedomcm said:

I would be really upset

my guess is that if you were to read the fine print in the sales contract there is probably some wording that allows for what they are doing.

They can bill for the mello roos stating that it's for a certain purpose, but have fine print to let them do whatever they want with the money?

One unit in phase 3 has a driveway

map.png

Back