Augusta at Columbus Square

TustinRanchResident said:
Starlight East said:
I'll bet the MR will be closer to $4000 than to $9000.

What's with these "bets" in TI these days. We have enough already!  8)

I bet he's right.  Taxes in Columbus Square are much lower than Columbus Grove.

f3i7gh.jpg

test said:
I bet the HOA will be closer to $100 than $200.
I bet he's right.

I'll bet that your bet on his bet, is better than his bet on yours and that you will win your bet on anyone else's bet.  :-X

test said:
TustinRanchResident said:
Starlight East said:
I'll bet the MR will be closer to $4000 than to $9000.

What's with these "bets" in TI these days. We have enough already!  8)

I bet he's right.  Taxes in Columbus Square are much lower than Columbus Grove.

f3i7gh.jpg

Test - do you have that info for Augusta?

the three car garage takes away some (if not all) of the sting of not having driveway, since you will still have storage space in the garage even if you park two cars in there. id buy the plan 3 if i could somehow send my unborn kids to irvine schools from this address.

The plan 1 update is getting so close to Bkshopr's ideal IHB home--they just need to add a flex room above the garage and they are all set.

I dig plan 1.  I wonder if the HOA will forbid building above your garage after the fact?  TBH I think it'd be somewhat unsightly in the alley if everyone had 2nd floor above the garage.

Any word on the precise Mello/HOA?

I don't like the external access from garage to home... double doors when you're holding groceries or a baby carrier is not fun.

I would prefer using the above garage space as additional living space... no one really stands in the alley and looks at your architecture anyways... that's why BK prefers back garages because he thinks they are ugly.

irvinehomeowner said:
I don't like the external access from garage to home... double doors when you're holding groceries or a baby carrier is not fun.

I would prefer using the above garage space as additional living space... no one really stands in the alley and looks at your architecture anyways... that's why BK prefers back garages because he thinks they are ugly.

I do agree that it should be a builder option.  External stairway entry only?  Seems like a bridge from the MBR wouldn't be feasible since  the MBA is positioned in front of the loggia.

Too bad these things are across from the railroad... I liked the Astoria ones but they were too expensive for no-driveway homes.

A meet-up at TMP + 20 minutes to kill =

22m49u.jpg

I tried to be far away enough to see the two rear "yards" that were the most interesting to me, I didn't have time to trespass :p  Note the loggia at Plan 1 (middle)-  I'm not sure I'm in love with the way they decided to do it.

Still, looks like a "decent" rear space considering the small lot size. 

Any updates on actual numbers or dates here test??

irvinehomeowner said:
Too bad these things are across from the railroad... I liked the Astoria ones but they were too expensive for no-driveway homes.

I've gotta think that the trains wouldn't be that loud for these homes.  They aren't like the homes that are right on Edinger.  Edinger, a brick wall and a few rows of homes and streets separate them from the tracks.

Back