ASUS Transformer Prime

irvinehomeowner said:
The Galaxy Tab 2 is a strange device... it's not much better than the just release Galaxy Tab 7 Plus... Samsung really likes to cannibalize their own product lines.

Despite the GPS issues, the best 10" Android tablet is still the Transformer Prime.

Best 7" tablet is a tie between the Blackberry Playbook and Galaxy Tab 7 Plus... although the Springboard (AKA Huawei Mediapad) is very compelling.

The review on the Galaxy Tab 7.7" has it as one of the best regardless of size... and it has the best battery life of all tablets.

Do you think G-Tab 7 Plus will get ICS first or would the Tab-7 (2) come out first...?  I think the latter, unfortunately... and that is the deciding factor for me...

Is it just me; or was the Spring Board just bright as heck...?  I only had literally 10 seconds with the thing in Westpark T-Mobile store, when the wife ran in the Starbucks next door to get a glass of water, and I excused myself to go into the store...

I would get the 7.7 over the GT2... and regardless of whether or not it will get ICS first... it just doesn't make sense.

Release ICS on the 7Plus, release a wifi only version of the 7.7... and you don't even need the GT2. Sammie should have not even released the GT 8.9.

@rc: For you... I think the Galaxy Note is your dream device... half phone, half tablet... a phablet.

irvinehomeowner said:
Despite the GPS issues, the best 10" Android tablet is still the Transformer Prime.

From the various discussion threads about the TP, it's a hit or miss if your device has decent wifi connectivity.  And there's been discussion that a slight bump (like a minor accidental drop from a chair) shifted something (pogo antennae connection) that has resulted in better RF signals.  Yes, it's got the best specs on paper, but too many real world issues.

Back