Asian population booms, boosting Irvine real estate

I guess there is absolutely no way the firefighters could be there just because it's the closest coffee shop to the station - only a mile from their fire house on Barranca.

Parking was easy for them.  They just parked their big red truck in the fire lane.  I hate going there as parking is a mess.

zubs said:
The difference between Irvine and Rowland Heights is there are actually a lot of Caucasians at Diamond Jamboree eating and drinking at 85degC.  I saw the Irvine FD drinking sea salt coffee in the courtyard.

If you're implying the "whiteness" of the firefighters at Diamond Jamboree means something about Irvine, just keep in mind OCFA does not have residency requirements. We import.

Article: Some O.C. Firefighters Live Out of State

Possible sea salt coffee drinker ==> "Capt. Daniel Colgan, [is] a 23-year-veteran who is stationed in Irvine and lives in Queen Creek, Ariz."

"37 percent of OCFA firefighters list their primary residence outside of Orange County."

Tyler Durden said:
I still cannot believe anyone would be willing to wait in line for coffee at 85 degrees.  It takes a solid 15 min to get it...after you spend 15 -20 min in line to order.

you could have it and be on your way at starbucks or peets.

If you want the salt coffee, you still could find other places that would serve it faster.

speaking of starbucks, they just opened up a drive thru location over by the 55/Edinger where the two new hotels are.

qwerty said:
Tyler Durden said:
I still cannot believe anyone would be willing to wait in line for coffee at 85 degrees.  It takes a solid 15 min to get it...after you spend 15 -20 min in line to order.

If you want the salt coffee, you still could find other places that would serve it faster.

speaking of starbucks, they just opened up a drive thru location over by the 55/Edinger where the two new hotels are.
No heading over to the Satanic side of the flight path.

irvinehomeshopper said:
qwerty said:
Tyler Durden said:

No heading over to the Satanic side of the flight path.

Noticed that on our way to Crevier.

The landing flight path to JWA is the demarkacation of good and evil. Crossing it could put your life in danger. Legends and stories were told for those who ventured into the non Irvine side who did come back alive rarely speak of their journey due to post traumatic stress disorder.

quote author=zubs link=topic=4374.msg70521#msg70521 date=1380221889]
Can you explain the flight path comment.  I am confused.
[/quote]

In this land of evil mayhem, lust and treasures also exist. Early expeditions documented this forbidden land of SCP in the land of evil where many irvinites have been willing to risk their lives to obtain some of the treasures. For those who must lust after the treasures one must stay off the beaten paths because one could not unseen what he sees by venturing into the forbidden.

Tyler Durden said:
There's nothing there that can't be had shopping online. 

instant gratification. you can drink at SCP as well and chow down on GD burger while your wife shops.

Tyler Durden said:
Men are buyers, women are shoppers...if I have to go somewhere, i already know what i want and get the hell out of there.  Like a tactical insertion and then exfiltration.

Oh, man. This sounds EXACTLY like my husband!! He makes a beeline, treats it like a damn race. Sometimes he times himself with the stopwatch on his phone and "brags" to me how few minutes & seconds it took to get in & out. To me, shopping is not an "event", it's a "process."  :) Window shopping is worse than Chinese Water Torture for Mr. SoCal! I am good about going easy on him, though. The one thing I always swore I'd never do is make him hold my purse. I can't stand it when women do that. It's so unfair and emasculating.

Buying online for most of the time what you see in photos is better than what you will receive and especially for mail order brides and slaves.

Tyler Durden said:
Why go to SCP and be surrounded by tourists and bourgeois?

There's nothing there that can't be had shopping online.  And then you don't have to deal with the rudeness and offensive body odor of the folks who shop at SCP.

Men are buyers, women are shoppers...if I have to go somewhere, i already know what i want and get the hell out of there.  Like a tactical insertion and then exfiltration.  I don't want to waste hours of my life browsing.

If I'm forced to go to a mall, I'll go to Fashion Island, because i can drink beers and liquor drinks at the bar in Whole foods while the wife does what she needs.  And you can even sit outside and enjoy the ocean breeze.

Tyler Durden said:
Why go to SCP and be surrounded by tourists and bourgeois?

There's nothing there that can't be had shopping online.  And then you don't have to deal with the rudeness and offensive body odor of the folks who shop at SCP.

Men are buyers, women are shoppers...if I have to go somewhere, i already know what i want and get the hell out of there.  Like a tactical insertion and then exfiltration.  I don't want to waste hours of my life browsing.

If I'm forced to go to a mall, I'll go to Fashion Island, because i can drink beers and liquor drinks at the bar in Whole foods while the wife does what she needs.  And you can even sit outside and enjoy the ocean breeze.

are you the one who drives a Ferrari or Lamboghini/Bentley parked next to that fine restaurant at Fashion Island?
:-*

Tyler Durden said:
qwerty said:
Tyler Durden said:
There's nothing there that can't be had shopping online. 

instant gratification. you can drink at SCP as well and chow down on GD burger while your wife shops.

Can you sit outside and drink?  I know you can drink at Charlie Palmer's as well and look at the $30,000 / yr millionaires...but there's no outdoor lounge to my knowledge.

There's nothing like getting drunk outside in the sun.

no unfortunately you cant sit outside.

Tyler Durden said:

I thought of your post when I was out shopping yesterday and saw this. Stocking stuffer for Mrs. Durden?:

fsunz5il.jpg

Back