Asian population booms, boosting Irvine real estate

jamboreedude

Irvine's Asian population booms, boosting the local real estate market

...For decades, communities such as Monterey Park and San Gabriel have been gateway cities for Asian immigrants - but increasingly Irvine is a top draw for some affluent members of the community.

..."They know the country very well, speak the language and they have become upper-middle class," said Yong Chen, a professor of Asian-American history at the University of California, Irvine.

...Irvine's highly-regarded public schools.

...Irvine resembles the Silicon Valley communities, Cupertino and Sunnyvale.

...As Asia's economy expands, more wealthy people from abroad are moving directly to Irvine - cash in hand.

...Irvine real estate prices have risen 27 percent from last year, and the median home price is nearly $745,000.

...If trends continue, Asian homebuyers will dominate the Irvine market.

Read the entire article here:http://www.scpr.org/blogs/multiamer...-s-asian-population-booms-boosting-the-local/

affluent does not mean class, especially with our beloved FCB population, their young children are the new 1.5 generation, and until they're grown, you'll still have rich folks who don't say hello, spit everywhere, and look at your dog funny.

It's called "asian invasion".  Get used to it cause within a few years all of California will look like the San Gabriel Valley.

ak said:
It's called "asian invasion".  Get used to it cause within a few years all of California will look like the San Gabriel Valley.

Except...SGV is pretty much on Chinese/Taiwanese where Irvine is pretty multicultural. 

Irvinecommuter said:
ak said:

Except...SGV is pretty much on Chinese/Taiwanese where Irvine is pretty multicultural.

Not for long...

ak said:
Irvinecommuter said:
ak said:

Not for long...
Well... the Korean and Middle East (including Jewish and Indian) population in Irvine is just as large.

irvinehomeowner said:
ak said:
Irvinecommuter said:
ak said:

Not for long...
Well... the Korean and Middle East (including Jewish and Indian) population in Irvine is just as large.

Yup...45% Caucasian, 12.1 % Chinese, 11.6 % Korean, 8.2% Hispanics, 5.5 Asian Indian, 4.8% Vietnamese, 4.5 % Japanese..

Monterey Park, San Marino, Arcadia, Alhambra and SG have 30+% Chinese.

During march madness a couple of years ago, i had one my managers put together a bracket with hot asian chicks, for what its worth, a Korean took the championship. So im glad to see irvine has a good korean population  :)

qwerty said:
During march madness a couple of years ago, i had one my managers put together a bracket with hot asian chicks, for what its worth, a Korean took the championship. So im glad to see irvine has a good korean population  :)

Who won?

Irvinecommuter said:
qwerty said:

Who won?

i forget her name, ill go through my emails and see if i can find it.

Song Hye Kyo won the bracket

nCE6EEU.jpg

Since all the white guys are marrying up the Asians...next generation of Irvineian folks are not going to be a single Nationality.

Irvinecommuter said:
irvinehomeowner said:
ak said:
Irvinecommuter said:
ak said:

Not for long...

Yup...45% Caucasian, 12.1 % Chinese, 11.6 % Korean, 8.2% Hispanics, 5.5 Asian Indian, 4.8% Vietnamese, 4.5 % Japanese..

That 45% Caucasian contains a large percentage of Middle Easterners... or Persians as the preferred term.

Where is the 0.00008% Austrian?

irvinehomeowner said:
Irvinecommuter said:
irvinehomeowner said:
ak said:
Irvinecommuter said:
ak said:

Not for long...

That 45% Caucasian contains a large percentage of Middle Easterners... or Persians as the preferred term.

How about the black middle easterners, if there is such a thing? I see quite a few of them nowadays shopping at the Albertson's at Cypress Village center.

irvinehomeowner said:
Irvinecommuter said:
irvinehomeowner said:
ak said:
Irvinecommuter said:
ak said:

Not for long...

38% "white"..7.2% others
http://www.cityofirvine.org/civica/filebank/blobdload.asp?BlobID=16730

The difference between Irvine and Rowland Heights is there are actually a lot of Caucasians at Diamond Jamboree eating and drinking at 85degC.  I saw the Irvine FD drinking sea salt coffee in the courtyard.

If you go to any plaza in Rowland Heights, it's mostly Asians.  You get token caucasians, but not much.

So Irvine is actually more diverse.

Tyler Durden said:
zubs said:
The difference between Irvine and Rowland Heights is there are actually a lot of Caucasians at Diamond Jamboree eating and drinking at 85degC.  I saw the Irvine FD drinking sea salt coffee in the courtyard.

If you go to any plaza in Rowland Heights, it's mostly Asians.  You get token caucasians, but not much.

So Irvine is actually more diverse.

Probably checking out the girls at the cafes & restaurants...

Word!

Back