Anyone been watching the Towering Inferno at Marquee Place?

<p>Tough times at Aqua, got this email today:</p>

Greetings from AQUA,

With the spring season upon us, AQUA is excited to announce our final closeout sale. On Saturday, April 5<sup>th </sup>from 12-4 our exclusive <strong>Lifestyle Demonstration & Sales Event</strong> will showcase the few remaining homes coupled with the largest incentive we have ever offered:

<strong>$80,000 to spend any way you wish when you purchase at AQUA!</strong>

Now ask yourself, how would you choose to spend it?

Pay Your HOA Dues For The Next Few Years?

Upgrade the Interior of your Home?

Buy Down Your Interest Rate?

Reduce Your Sales Price?

Purchase a Plasma TV or New Furniture?

>

Mia, how many units do you have under contract? What conditions remain outstanding that have caused lennar not to file for a white?

<p>wow, this is getting good jc ! Poor Mia isn't going to know what hit her.</p>

<p>optimus, did Aqua include a current price sheet with that email ? </p>

<p> </p>

No price sheet... that would be good laughs. Just looking out my window, I see only 9 out of 68 units on my side that have their lights on. Giving them the benefit of the doubt, it looks like Aqua is about 25% occupied.

Mia

Thank you so much for taking the time to post a response to my mention of the signage removal at Astoria.

Your always welcome here at IHB.

bltserv

What are DRE pink, yellow, and white reports? I assume you are not talking interior decorating ... , or are there more colors?

a white report has to be filed with the california department of real estate in order to go to sign a contract, put money and escrow and close.

a yellow is one step below and is not always filed by the developer, typically it's only filed when the developer is in a rush to get buyers under contract while they are trying to fufill some conditions outstanding on their white (i.e. filing subdivision), i think at this point, having a yellow allows the developer to back out still, but not the buyer, however, it's still very easy for the buyer to back out because if there is any miniscule change in the interim between the white and yellow, the buyer can claim they didn't know what they were getting into and back out.

Pink is just to get a sales center open and start advertising, they can only take a deposit check that is fully refundable at the buyer's request.

I've done a little work on this stuff and it's extremely tedious and confusing.

<p><a href="http://www.redfin.com/stingray/do/printable-listing?listing-id=461003">http://www.redfin.com/stingray/do/printable-listing?listing-id=461003</a></p>

<p>Price: $799,990 </p>

<p>

On Redfin:

701 days

</p>

<p>Dues #1: $1,122.98 </p>

Listing Price History

<thead>

Date

Price

</thead>

Jan 29, 2007

$869,999

Feb 23, 2007

$839,999

Nov 13, 2007

$829,999

Mar 10, 2008

$799,990

How long can this last? Roughly $26,000.00 in dues at least $70,000.00 in mortgage payments, $15,000.00 in taxes and God knows how much in PMI but what the hell, how can you put a price tag on "pride of ownership" and socio-econmic status?

I know this is flogging a dead horse but I wish I had this kind of money to burn...(I suppose that is a form of envy)

http://www.redfin.com/stingray/do/printable-listing?listing-id=520292

416 days for sale, empty from the looks of it, $15,000 in dues, $25,000 in taxes, a rather disturbing amount in mortgage payments and this guy has the stones to do only one lousy price reduction in over a year. Man, that is liquidity and a threshold for pain like I have never seen. This guy is either one cool customer with ice for blood or he passed away 416 days ago and they are still lookn for the body

Time to revisit an old friend....Six figure mortgage, $10,816.00 in property taxes, $30,429.00 in HOA, 6% sales commission = one hurting FB

http://www.redfin.com/CA/Irvine/3141-Michelson-Dr-92612/unit-406/home/7219080

3141 Michelson Dr #406

Irvine, CA 92612

Price: <span style="color: green;"><span style="font-size: 13px;"><strong>$795,000 </strong></span></span>

Listing Price History

Date Price

Apr 22, 2008 $824,900

Apr 29, 2008 $795,000

Purchased

Date Price

<strong>Feb 15, 2006 $777,500 -- </strong>

Taxable Value

Land $289,472

Additions $503,236

Total $792,708

<strong>2006 Property Tax: $5,408 </strong>

<strong>Dues #1: $1,127.00</strong>

Dues #1 Frequency: Monthly

Saturday Night I had dinner at Houston`s down below the "North Korea" towers.

Still looks pretty dark at night. Maybe 15% occupied from the lights that are on.

Just the thought of $ 1200.00 a month in association dues

gives me the chills. I wonder what you could rent one of these for ?

Maybe half what it costs to own ? I would think the one in the last post would go for

$ 3000.00 a month in rent. Yet the Mortgage payment on $ 800K at a 30 Year with 20% down would still be closer to $ 4500.00 and dont forget that nice $ 1200.00 a month dues too.

You got to be drinkin some serious Kool-Aid to be buying one of these white elephants.

For that association fee it better cover call girl service too.

Yep, if you can purchase for something like 30-40% of what they are asking then you might have a decent deal. That and if you own the building the 1200 a month dues look something like 600-750, still hugely expensive, but not 6000-7000 a month dues you will pay if you purchase outright.

-bix

Anyone see the LA Times article on The Plaza in Irvine. Some lady is renting the 4000 sq ft penthouse for $3800 a month. (her agreement is she manages pending sale of property)

Back