An alternative to Irvine?

North Tustin actually isn't part of the city of Santa Ana. It's unincorporated, and Santa Ana is the county seat so that was a default name. Since 2005 the North Tustin name became official. The schools there are all part of Tustin Unified. Many private yards here are bigger than the pocket parks themselves.

The "Santa Ana" name must of kept the FCBs at bay...for the time being.

irvinehomeowner said:
USCTrojanCPA said:
They don't like driveways and 3CWGs???
Isn't North Tustin really Santa Ana?

FCBs like brand names more... and safety too*.

*Just getting back at BK.

I live in Aliso Viejo now and I can tell you it's a great place for young family. Our house is within walking distance to markets, cinemas, parks and schools. Plus we have canyon view and driveway! It's pretty quiet and not much traffic. And its current price is almost 200k less than those comparable ones on Quail Hill. The weather is much cooler than Irvine...

Wait, why do I plan to move to Irvine?  :D

MonsterMom said:
I live in Aliso Viejo now and I can tell you it's a great place for young family. Our house is within walking distance to markets, cinemas, parks and schools. Plus we have canyon view and driveway! It's pretty quiet and not much traffic. And its current price is almost 200k less than those comparable ones on Quail Hill. The weather is much cooler than Irvine...

You may have lived in a different part than me.  When I moved to California, I originally lived in Irvine.  I then lived in Aliso Viejo from 1989 (yes, it existed back then) through 2006 in two different places.  I found the traffic in Aliso Viejo to be increasingly unbearable.  The housing density in AV is quite high and it is reflected in the traffic.  Getting into and out of AV quickly requires using the toll road which gets very expensive very quickly.    It can also get stifling hot in AV because of the surrounding hills (unless you live on the "good" side of one of those hills).    AV Town Center is the only major group of shops and restaurants and it gets old quickly.  I know AV may be a good fit for some, but I was glad to get out of there.

Back