Amazon Fresh grocery store opens at Irvine Market Place

Anyone else starting to have problems with Fresh items that are out of stock without good substitutions just magically removed from the order returned to the cart without the order details being updated to indicate the unavailability?

nosuchreality said:
Anyone else starting to have problems with Fresh items that are out of stock without good substitutions just magically removed from the order returned to the cart without the order details being updated to indicate the unavailability?

Yeah, especially on Saturday and Sunday but once Monday and Tuesday come around the items are available again.

Finally got around to checking out this place in person. It was fun to play with the smart cart but got old quickly. Nothing else was that exciting, and took them 5 minutes to help me check out because I wanted to use a different credit card than the default on my Amazon account. I expected Amazon to be more aggressive on pricing, but nothing was really cheap. Overall, I'd rather go to Smart & Final, TJ, Sprouts, or Costco.

This place makes the most sense to me as a glorified warehouse for Amazon 1099-MISC gig employees to service online orders (someone else posted this earlier). If I lived far from a grocery store I'd consider it, but I live within walking distance of a few grocery stores, so I don't see myself returning here.

We've been using it about once week since Thanksgiving with the increasing pandemic infections occuring.

Amazon Fresh delivery has a serious trash problem.  We've been almost one foil bubble wrap insulator pouch for every cold item we order.  Two packs of bacon?  In two different bags. A pint of half &half, cottage cheese 32 oz, deli pack of meat, gallon of milk, three bags.

nosuchreality said:
We've been using it about once week since Thanksgiving with the increasing pandemic infections occuring.

Amazon Fresh delivery has a serious trash problem.  We've been almost one foil bubble wrap insulator pouch for every cold item we order.  Two packs of bacon?  In two different bags. A pint of half &half, cottage cheese 32 oz, deli pack of meat, gallon of milk, three bags.

I agree with you...I only ordered a handful of stuff and I get 3-4 bags when they can put everything into 2 bags with no problem.  Other than that, I'm happy with their item quality (meat, eggs, milk, cheese, bacon, etc) and their prices. I've noticed that they always deliver in the first 30 minutes of my 2-hour window.

I have to add, Amazon has been out of a few items for the last two weekends so this weekend we tried Ralph's curbside pickup on their mobile app for the first time. You lose some points for convenience because you do have to drive to Ralph's but since you stay in your car the whole time it feels equally safe COVID-wise. There was a lot less waste and they had the items Amazon hasn't had in stock! Just another option/alternative during these socially distant times. 

moc said:
I have to add, Amazon has been out of a few items for the last two weekends so this weekend we tried Ralph's curbside pickup on their mobile app for the first time. You lose some points for convenience because you do have to drive to Ralph's but since you stay in your car the whole time it feels equally safe COVID-wise. There was a lot less waste and they had the items Amazon hasn't had in stock! Just another option/alternative during these socially distant times.

I just wore my protective gear and went to Costco last week.  ;)
(Shield, mask, gloves)

eyephone said:
moc said:

(Shield, mask, gloves)

Oh that was you?

Mety said:
eyephone said:
moc said:

(Shield, mask, gloves)

Oh that was you?

There are many people like that these days.
You never know if someone sneezes/coughs or wash their hands and touch things.

eyephone said:
Mety said:
eyephone said:
moc said:

(Shield, mask, gloves)

Oh that was you?

It?s perfectly fine you protect yourself as much as you can. It means you love yourself that much. Do you love others as much as you do for yourself?

Mety said:
eyephone said:
Mety said:
eyephone said:
moc said:

(Shield, mask, gloves)

Oh that was you?

It?s perfectly fine you protect yourself as much as you can. It means you love yourself that much. Do you love others as much as you do for yourself?

With all due respect. Trusting thy neighbor at the market/store is out of the door or does not apply. You can?t trust no one. I don?t think the business will tell you if someone sneezed or cough out of control in the store. I see a lot of people wear the mask wrong or put on the mask when you look at them or use your phone.

eyephone said:
Mety said:
eyephone said:
Mety said:
eyephone said:
moc said:

(Shield, mask, gloves)

Oh that was you?

With all due respect. Trusting thy neighbor at the market/store is out of the door or does not apply. You can?t trust no one. I don?t think the business will tell you if someone sneezed or cough out of control in the store. I see a lot of people wear the mask wrong or put on the mask when you look at them or use your phone.

The question is are you protecting yourself or others?

HMart said:
Weird guy. Do you enjoy taunting people in person as well as on the internet?

Taunting? Just simple questions, man. What's next? Permanently delete my account?

I feel like I'm the only one on this board who goes grocery shopping in person.  I did notice that TJ is less crowded than last month.

UrvineLegend said:
I feel like I'm the only one on this board who goes grocery shopping in person.  I did notice that TJ is less crowded than last month.

I go shopping with IHO. We start at Costco, then target, then In n Out. So you are not the only person that is courageous :)

Back