Amazon Echo

There's 40+ pages on the slickdeals forums regarding the dot.  I ordered 2 and my brother also ordered 1.  We'll see if these have a good resale value like the echo remotes that were going for ridiculously high prices on ebay.  I missed the bus on that one when they were in stock a couple days ago.

One thing to note, I don't believe they synchronize when I browsed the slickdeals thread on it, but they could wrong.  Playing music on the echo and have the same music playing throughout the home on the dots as well would be awesome. 

**Note I don't own an echo, but was still able to order via prime.

aquabliss said:
ps9 said:
https://www.amazon.com/b/?node=14047587011

Not sure if I need this, but I'm getting one.  You can tell Alexa to order one for you.

Ohhhhhh fancy.  Does this mean it will work like a Sonos and I can have Alexa Base Station + 2 Echo Dots in my house and throughout the home it will synchronously play music through all of the speakers? 

I just got a lot more interested if that's the case.  The thing that's not clear from the product page is the "Synchronous" part, which is a big deal.

ps9 said:
Too late, my next post will be.......

Alexa....turn off.....TURN OFF!......

I just started a new thread in the owner's forum, but are you using the Echo with any home automation HUBs?  Any experience with them?

Got the Dot today, audio quality is nowhere as good as the old Echo but you don't really buy the Dot for good sounds.  Setup easy and worked well.  Good for nightstand/alarm/nest.

Also connected my Nest and Ooma to Alexa.  It's taking over....

Shhhhh....test drive Hyundai Elantra....get a free Echo.

Go to primenow.com, click on Hyundai banner, only this and next weekend.  LA/OC only.  Free Echo is not mentioned during signups but people been reported to get them at end of test drive.

ps9 said:
Shhhhh....test drive Hyundai Elantra....get a free Echo.

Go to primenow.com, click on Hyundai banner, only this and next weekend.  LA/OC only.  Free Echo is not mentioned during signups but people been reported to get them at end of test drive.

This is a good post. I love my ALEXA.

Got my free Alexa, hopefully the program comes back, pretty cool.  No hard pressure sales, just info about the car. 

New echo dot available for preorder for 10/20 delivery.  It's now $50 for the 2nd gen vs. $90 for the older version.  Got an email saying if you were suckered into paying almost double for the first one, you'll get $10 back if you preorder thru Alexa :)

Oh.. And one more thing... it comes in jet white!

The video is they have on the Amazon site is compelling.

Glow-in-the dark paint is actually a cool idea for a kid's room.

In a couple years, we're gonna see launch of Echo Bot, hopefully it's modeled after R2 (instead of launching a light saber at you, it launches a beer :) )

Back