Altair - new Irvine luxury housing by Lennar/Toll Bros - not Great Park, not TIC

Stopped by today.  Sales screen says sold lots are:

10 Eclipse
8 Solstice
6 Aurora
4 Starlight
4 Celestial

Celestial price sheet attached.  Not sure what's going on with Estrella and Meridien, Lumiere opens in a few weeks I think.

Attachments

• IMG_7137.JPG
    IMG_7137.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 895
aquabliss said:
These guys must be bad negotiators, I coulda got it done for $350k...

Kinda agree here, I don't see it being $1m... it's in ground pool with a nice seating area inside and fire pit plus nice modern looking Trellis on the side, etc. but if it's through the builder, then the up charge could be there I guesshttps://www.tolllandscape.com/

AW said:
aquabliss said:
These guys must be bad negotiators, I coulda got it done for $350k...

Kinda agree here, I don't see it being $1m... it's in ground pool with a nice seating area inside and fire pit plus nice modern looking Trellis on the side, etc. but if it's through the builder, then the up charge could be there I guesshttps://www.tolllandscape.com/

Ridiculous if this yard anywhere close to 1 million dollars. Let's say its 900 K, I can do all that for 350 K or even less.

Grand Opening next Saturday.  http://altairirvine.com

I still don't see how the heck they are going to sell all these homes.  The place is huge and the MR's are daunting.  So many better options at the Groves with comparable prices.

aquabliss said:
USCTrojanCPA said:
aquabliss said:
This yard at Alta must have cost $350k

Wow, that's gorgeous.

You should definitely go see it in person if you haven't already.  You'll be drooling at the single story over there as well.

I'll feel bad because I'd love to buy that single story 4-car garage home at Alta Vista but that would mean I'd have to sell everything I have including my rentals and all my cars and probably live on cup of noddles (which I can't since I'm low carb'ing it).  haha  But I do want to re-do my front and rear landscaping so I'll probably head over there to get some ideas.

Drive to the models, walk through the sales office (bring your attitude so they think your loaded), proceed to the first home out the door on your right.

I looked at the floorplans for the $1.2m ones (upper!) and I can't believe that's all you get.

It's the typical box-on-box great room plan and some are only 3 bedroom.

Those PP 3CTGs with 4br and a loft look so much better now.

Grand opening was impressive.  Well organized with good parking and frequent shuttle buses unlike the typical TIC circus.  Gelato, crepes, hamburgers, boba - generous portions aind quick lines.

Worth checking out the Estrella models and also Alara - surprising for TB since the 3 story modern architecture seemed like a copycat of Parasol Park (but better).  One of the Alara's reminded me of an Alta Vista lite.

All of the TB homes had the typical grand foyer which really eats into the square footage.  Even in the 6,000 sq foot homes, the secondary bedrooms were tiny.  I also hate that TB only installs crank windows which are a real PITA to open and close.

Grand opening was great, but overwhelming. Only had the time and energy to walk through four sets of model homes. The Lennar models were pretty underwhelming when compared to the Toll Brothers models, but I guess that has to do with Lennar?s ?everything?s included? deal. The Toll Brothers models were expectedly spectacular. I was really impressed by the 11-foot ceilings downstairs that they offered at Estrella and Alara (they may have had them at Meridian and Solano too, but I didn?t get to visiting them today). The backyards at Estrella were something else.

You could tell the neighborhood is going to feel great within the gates once it?s built out, but I personally wouldn?t buy here. I don?t think I could see past the fact that it?s pretty much in the middle of nowhere (for now). There?s a big question mark regarding what will be in front of the community across Irvine Blvd, now that the cemetery landswap is a done-deal. I?m hoping FivePoint develops some sort of shopping center in this area for the sake of everyone in Altair, PS, and GP, but I?m not holding my breath. Other that, I could definitely see the appeal of buying here.

WTTCHMN said:
Grand opening was impressive.  Well organized with good parking and frequent shuttle buses unlike the typical TIC circus.  Gelato, crepes, hamburgers, boba - generous portions aind quick lines.

Agree with this -  I arrived around midway through the event in an attempt to avoid the typical feeding frenzy so wasn't able to sample everything.

Here's an over view of the entire community:

Attachments

• Altair 1.jpg
    Altair 1.jpg
    81.7 KB · Views: 388
  • Altair 2.jpg
    Altair 2.jpg
    72.4 KB · Views: 350
These are the smallest in the community - Lennar keeps making these detached condos bigger! Starting around 1.33 Mil. HOA of $297 and CFD $8,212 - $10,321.

Attachments

• Solstice Site.jpg
    Solstice Site.jpg
    59.5 KB · Views: 270
  • Solstice Prices.jpg
    Solstice Prices.jpg
    41.8 KB · Views: 321
  • Aurora Site.jpg
    Aurora Site.jpg
    65.1 KB · Views: 223
  • Aurora Prices.jpg
    Aurora Prices.jpg
    42 KB · Views: 302
Here are the smallest true SFRs. Prices look close to BTB/YF's beloved OH3. Didn't stop by the Toll Brothers home - out of the price range for a majority of TI members - well at least this one!

Attachments

• Celestial Site.jpg
    Celestial Site.jpg
    62.8 KB · Views: 267
  • Celestial Prices.jpg
    Celestial Prices.jpg
    47 KB · Views: 400
  • Eclipse Site.jpg
    Eclipse Site.jpg
    66.3 KB · Views: 304
  • Eclipse Prices.jpg
    Eclipse Prices.jpg