Altair - new Irvine luxury housing by Lennar/Toll Bros - not Great Park, not TIC

hello said:
15 homes during presale seems pretty good since this development is not that great in size compared to other new developments.  I still dont understand why people would pay so much money to live right next to contamination site.

Generally, investors are trying to take benefit of earlier phase pricing expecting to profit from subsequent price increases in the later phase.  Also, it's right next to Portola High School within a walking distance.  Asian moms will love it.

Stopped by the sales office.  So far they sold:

7 Eclipses
4 Aurora
4 Solstice
1 Celestial
2 Starlight

Lumiere is not for sale at this time.

I don't know if TB has pre-sales at this time.

hello said:
15 homes during presale seems pretty good since this development is not that great in size compared to other new developments.  I still dont understand why people would pay so much money to live right next to contamination site.

You all live next to something. Landfill. Just gotta decide. I'm sure you live next to something as well.

Have you measured distance between Landfill and Orchard Hills? Guess what: it is closer to landfill than Altair.

jmoney74 said:
hello said:

You all live next to something. Landfill. Just gotta decide. I'm sure you live next to something as well.

I dont deny that.  However living miles away from a landfill is completely different than living in a community surrounding a "contamination anomaly" site. 

OCLuvr said:
Have you measured distance between Landfill and Orchard Hills? Guess what: it is closer to landfill than Altair.

gravity

Ground contaminants head towards a valley, not towards a hill.

hello said:
jmoney74 said:
hello said:

I dont deny that.  However living miles away from a landfill is completely different than living in a community surrounding a "contamination anomaly" site.

really how you perceive it.  The site got "cleaned up".  The landfill, well it's still there. 

OCLuvr said:

I just measured.  Seems like Altair is closer.  Not that it matters to me much, but just correcting an incorrect statement. 

jmoney74 said:
hello said:
jmoney74 said:
hello said:

really how you perceive it.  The site got "cleaned up".  The landfill, well it's still there.

I suppose its all perception.  Surely its reasonable to question why people would pay large sums of money to live on a previous toxic dump site.  However if you dont care, then it doesnt matter I suppose.

zubs said:
OCLuvr said:

gravity

Going the other way, heat (fire) rises, so if there's a brush fire, OH is at a higher elevation compared to Altair.

There's no unicorn location, people buy where they want to buy, some factors matter more than others

AW said:
zubs said:
OCLuvr said:

gravity

Going the other way, heat (fire) rises, so if there's a brush fire, OH is at a higher elevation compared to Altair.

There's no unicorn location, people buy where they want to buy, some factors matter more than others

AW be like.. Wherever I buy.. it's the UNICORN!

PrettyInGray said:
I heard that foreigners have been more attracted to 92618 zip code. Therefore, Altair could be on their "wanted" list. Not OH! So, who cares about the other factors? I just want a home in 92618! 8)

Not sure that's been workin out for Parasol Park.

OCLuvr said:
Sorry, respectfully disagree. http://www.talkirvine.com/index.php/topic,15347.0.html

hello said:
OCLuvr said:

I just measured.  Seems like Altair is closer.  Not that it matters to me much, but just correcting an incorrect statement.
I only read the first post on the thread, but that first post is talking about northwood high versus portola high,not altair versus OH. 
feel free to use google maps to measure yourself.  Again I could care less, as both are miles away.

Isn't OH right behind Northwood high and Altair right across Portola High? I guess it would depend which point of OH you take. Ideally, you should take OH3, as OH3 is only apple-to-apple comparison with Altair--since both OH3/Altiar are IUSD and guard gated; rest of OH is NOT apple-to-apple comparison.

aquabliss said:
PrettyInGray said:
I heard that foreigners have been more attracted to 92618 zip code. Therefore, Altair could be on their "wanted" list. Not OH! So, who cares about the other factors? I just want a home in 92618! 8)

Not sure that's been workin out for Parasol Park.

ParP can't overcome it's design issues.  Should have named it 888 Park.. could have stood a chance.

Back