Altair - new Irvine luxury housing by Lennar/Toll Bros - not Great Park, not TIC

Burn That Belly said:
irvinehomeowner said:
Burn That Belly said:
irvinehomeowner said:
Again, doesn't bother me either way. Ghosts are less noisy than an attached neighbor. :)

Good. Then you go against IHS when he implies cemetery affects resale value because resale value is dependent on the Chinese FCB. You are not in his "everyone" category. He is not your God.

irvinehomeshopper said:
Everyone cares about the property value including non-chinese. Who wants to get stuck with a property that will not resale well. Everyone is assuming the next buyer will be likely Chinese.

So you can't connect the dots as to why people react to your posts and not WTTCHMN's but you makes some huge connection between me and IHS?

Yes, everyone cares about property value but that's not the question you asked, you asked about a comparison between TIC villages and 5P.

Like I said, if it affects a segment of the population, then it does, but there will still be buyers.

We all know the connection between "4" and demand... yet, there are many cases where FCBs will buy homes with a "4" address because they care more about other things.

So... just like people don't want to live by a cemetery, other people don't like to live in an attached townhome.

1. First of all, I did not really spread or infect my 'No on B' preaching to other threads at all. Matter of fact, I started the 'Save the Memorial Park! Vote No on Measure B ballot June 5th' thread on April 12. Most of my comments relating to the 'No on B' preaching stayed in that thread.

2. Secondly, if you read the title of the thread correctly, you'll notice it is supporting the 'No' cause. When you enter that thread, you know what you're getting yourself into and what you can expect to read. The interesting part is that it caused the 'Yes on B' supporters (Our Gang, CV, i1, rizdak) to pile in and attack my cause (which is perfectly fine, it's a discussion). I find myself defending more than preaching half the time. If it bothered people so much, then either don't click on the thread or create your own 'Yes on B' thread. This is America!

Gah... you're missing the point.

You asked why people didn't react to WTT's thread when you say similar things. But you have an agenda that you post in several threads and make new threads about (and it's not about a cemetery).

I wasn't even talking about B, I was just talking about why people react to you differently.

Burn That Belly said:
Okay so you're saying I have an agenda which is maximizing ROI in my own neighborhood because I have a particularly vested interest therefore, I must bring other neighborhoods down?  ;)

Well.  I mean.  A lot of my "recent posts" are you linking GP homes and explaining this or that about why they're not selling.  But I'm sure it's the humanitarian in you - making sure everyone knows the "perils" of buying a house at the GP :)

Burn That Belly said:
irvinehomeowner said:
Burn That Belly said:
irvinehomeowner said:
Burn That Belly said:
irvinehomeowner said:
Again, doesn't bother me either way. Ghosts are less noisy than an attached neighbor. :)

Good. Then you go against IHS when he implies cemetery affects resale value because resale value is dependent on the Chinese FCB. You are not in his "everyone" category. He is not your God.

irvinehomeshopper said:
Everyone cares about the property value including non-chinese. Who wants to get stuck with a property that will not resale well. Everyone is assuming the next buyer will be likely Chinese.

So you can't connect the dots as to why people react to your posts and not WTTCHMN's but you makes some huge connection between me and IHS?

Yes, everyone cares about property value but that's not the question you asked, you asked about a comparison between TIC villages and 5P.

Like I said, if it affects a segment of the population, then it does, but there will still be buyers.

We all know the connection between "4" and demand... yet, there are many cases where FCBs will buy homes with a "4" address because they care more about other things.

So... just like people don't want to live by a cemetery, other people don't like to live in an attached townhome.

1. First of all, I did not really spread or infect my 'No on B' preaching to other threads at all. Matter of fact, I started the 'Save the Memorial Park! Vote No on Measure B ballot June 5th' thread on April 12. Most of my comments relating to the 'No on B' preaching stayed in that thread.

2. Secondly, if you read the title of the thread correctly, you'll notice it is supporting the 'No' cause. When you enter that thread, you know what you're getting yourself into and what you can expect to read. The interesting part is that it caused the 'Yes on B' supporters (Our Gang, CV, i1, rizdak) to pile in and attack my cause (which is perfectly fine, it's a discussion). I find myself defending more than preaching half the time. If it bothered people so much, then either don't click on the thread or create your own 'Yes on B' thread. This is America!

Gah... you're missing the point.

You asked why people didn't react to WTT's thread when you say similar things. But you have an agenda that you post in several threads and make new threads about (and it's not about a cemetery).

I wasn't even talking about B, I was just talking about why people react to you differently.

Okay so you're saying I have an agenda which is maximizing ROI in my own neighborhood because I have a particularly vested interest therefore, I must bring other neighborhoods down?  ;)

Wrong. You are not me and I am not you. You could not possibly know what I'm thinking nor my agenda. I was even accused of being Agran's stooges which is stupid AF too because I didn't even know who Agran was. I want the cemetery at the ARDA site because I like it there. It tickles my fancy.

No really. It belongs there. Clearly, 2 out of 3 voters agree with me.
Classical NIMBY case... if today they decide to build the cemetery right next to your community then I bet you will that different voice on that.  Makes me wonder do you even live in Irvine to begin with when you started all this crap on voting No on Measure B

irvinehomeowner said:
And the No signs. And I'm sure everyone is sick of seeing all those signs... so connect the dots here with your posts.

An elderly relative voted No on B because he believed cemeteries shouldn't be near homes.

The Yes on B campaign did a terrible job explaining themselves.

Yes on B:
Real Veterans

No on B:
Keep thousands of cars off this road

paperboyNC said:
irvinehomeowner said:
And the No signs. And I'm sure everyone is sick of seeing all those signs... so connect the dots here with your posts.

An elderly relative voted No on B because he believed cemeteries shouldn't be near homes.

The Yes on B campaign did a terrible job explaining themselves.

Yes on B:
Real Veterans

No on B:
Keep thousands of cars off this road

I agree. For all the money spent, 5P did a terrible job spinning  the issues. Both sides had misleading statements, but Agran and company were ultimately better liars.

Same thing happened with someone I know. They said they are voting "No" on B because they don't want to move the cemetery. It should be at the strawberry fields. I just looked at them and smiled. Wasn't worth the conversation because they were very animated.

My guess: 5P and everyone else will scramble to get something together for the November ballot. This go round it will be something a bit clearer as in

Yes on G means Yes, I want it built in the Great Park.
No on G means No, I do not want it built in the Great Park.

and

Yes on S means Yes, I want it built on the strawberry field near the 405 Freeway.
No on S means No, I do not want it built on the strawberry field near the 405 freeway.

I was very surprised that everyone went "all in" on Yes or No on B. 5P should have split the location decision in a clearer manner which likely would have made the choice much simpler for all voters - no matter what the choice would have ultimately settled on.

My .02c

Soylent Green Is People said:
My guess: 5P and everyone else will scramble to get something together for the November ballot. This go round it will be something a bit clearer as in

Yes on G means Yes, I want it built in the Great Park.
No on G means No, I do not want it built in the Great Park.

and

Yes on S means Yes, I want it built on the strawberry field near the 405 Freeway.
No on S means No, I do not want it built on the strawberry field near the 405 freeway.

I was very surprised that everyone went "all in" on Yes or No on B. 5P should have split the location decision in a clearer manner which likely would have made the choice much simpler for all voters - no matter what the choice would have ultimately settled on.

My .02c

5P should have made the vote

yes on B means: yes, i want to move the cemetery to strawberry fields
no on B means: no, i do not want the cemetery to be built in the great park

;)

5P demonstrated its gross lack of knowledge of political history with this effort. The obvious historical analog for what 5P was trying to do was the very controversial effort by MLB and wealthy white people to evict all the Mexicans from Chavez Ravine to build Dodger Stadium. In that despicable effort, the proposed action was presented on the ballot as Measure B and the slogan was "Vote B for Baseball!"

Using the Dodger Stadium lesson, 5P should have done a "Vote V for Veterans!"

Mety said:
Maybe they made enough money and didn't care anymore.

That's what I thought. The 600k 5P spent on measure B is about 12 hours of profit for 5P. If they really wanted to get this swap done, they could afford to do a lot more.

Hi...so is the land here really toxic or is it safe? I am debating on whether to buy a home here, one I will actually live in (not just an investment home). Is it safe living on a former military base?  I know they claim they have cleaned it up, especially the portion Altair is on, but I have talked to a scientist I know and they believe there is no way the land can ever be made completely safe and it is a risk, as vapors can seep up into the house. The only reason that alone didn't make me walk away is because I really do love the house.

glitterbomb said:
Hi...so is the land here really toxic or is it safe? I am debating on whether to buy a home here, one I will actually live in (not just an investment home). Is it safe living on a former military base?  I know they claim they have cleaned it up, especially the portion Altair is on, but I have talked to a scientist I know and they believe there is no way the land can ever be made completely safe and it is a risk, as vapors can seep up into the house. The only reason that alone didn't make me walk away is because I really do love the house.

I can send you plume maps and you can read research and commentary until you?re blue in the face.  Bottom line is, no matter what all the material says or whichever way it swings you, you have to be comfortable with your decision and be able to sleep well at night knowing you made the best choice for you and your family.

Reading your post above, Altair is clearly *NOT* the neighborhood for your family.  Do not buy here, do not consider it.  The toxic potential will leave you tossing and turning at night and why would you want to pay big $$$ for this kind of added stress?

If you move to Altair and you have a young son that (heaven forbid) is diagnosed with some form of cancer 5 years later, you?ll never know if it had anything to do with your living conditions but I bet you?ll never forgive yourself for making that choice with the information you had available.

Save the potential heartache, buy in Orchard Hills and enjoy a good night sleep.

LOL - leading causes of death are preventable diseases. I would buy where you want to live and go exercise and eat better.

aquabliss said:
glitterbomb said:

I can send you plume maps and you can read research and commentary until you?re blue in the face.  Bottom line is, no matter what all the material says or whichever way it swings you, you have to be comfortable with your decision and be able to sleep well at night knowing you made the best choice for you and your family.

Reading your post above, Altair is clearly *NOT* the neighborhood for your family.  Do not buy here, do not consider it.  The toxic potential will leave you tossing and turning at night and why would you want to pay big $$$ for this kind of added stress?

If you move to Altair and you have a young son that (heaven forbid) is diagnosed with some form of cancer 5 years later, you?ll never know if it had anything to do with your living conditions but I bet you?ll never forgive yourself for making that choice with the information you had available.

Save the potential heartache, buy in Orchard Hills and enjoy a good night sleep.

Ok, first I was going to say, Welcome back, YF, but then seems like aquabliss has been converted to YellowFeverism. Maybe aquabliss knows it was YF and just telling him to keep promoting OH?

Anyways, I would say the same. If you had that kinda cash in your wallet/bank/in-laws?, I would buy OH or TR. While Altair looks all fancy, OH and TR homes will be much better investment and also for your residing for the location convenience to plazas and freeways.

Playing devils advocate,  8)
Altair is fine, look at the old maps and images, that?s where the old barracks were.  Unlikely they?ll dump stuff on where they sleep.
Plume is southwest of the base, looks to be under Woodbridge.
OH may have had a lot of pesticide use in the past per cehtp site - Cali environmental health tracking program
TR is somewhat close to the old Newport landfill

Back