all American asphalt

Someone post a YF document on how living on a former asphalt factory is bad for you!
Come buy girls scout cookies with us, IHO.
2DFD139D00000578-3298376-image-m-37_1446321581041.jpg

Looks like Gateway Village will be on the open farmland at the corner of Portola and Jeffrey. Relatively flat but some homes will most likely be adjacent to the landfill access road...

One of the most difficult things to do in a city is to get more units zoned for affordable housing.

It looks like Irvine found a way around the NIMBY zoning problem. They are probably zoning this asphalt land into thousands of units of affordable housing to satisfy the States affordable housing mandate. (The one Huntington Beach is currently fighting). Normally the nearby house owners would protest, but since they are getting rid of AAA these owners will be more pliable to having affordable housing stuck there.

I'm not actually sure if affordable housing will be zoned to that location, but it seems like a good idea to shove it through @ this time.

If I'm right should I put 2 Cleo's in my avatar?

City plans look good so far-- extending JOST past Portola, two new parks, and multiple hiking trails. We lose the future sports park at Portola/Jeffrey but hopefully the new parks will make up for the loss.

Normally the nearby house owners would protest, but since they are getting rid of AAA these owners will be more pliable to having affordable housing stuck there.

I'm not actually sure if affordable housing will be zoned to that location, but it seems like a good idea to shove it through @ this time.
I vote zubs for Irvine mayor!

They should build affordable housing in all the "TI-less-desirable" zones.

CHAT GPT
Write me a speech to become mayor of Irvine and include all american asphalt

Dear citizens of Irvine,

I stand before you today with great humility and determination to serve as your next mayor. I believe that together, we can create a brighter future for our city and its residents. As we look to the future, we must take into account the many issues facing our community. One such issue that I would like to address is the use of All American Asphalt.

I understand that many of you have concerns about the impact of All American Asphalt on our environment and the health of our residents. It is important that we take a proactive approach to this issue and work together to find solutions that benefit our community.

As your mayor, I pledge to work tirelessly to ensure that All American Asphalt operates in a safe and responsible manner. I will work with the company to ensure that their operations do not harm the environment or pose a threat to the health of our citizens.

Additionally, I will work with local organizations and community members to find ways to reduce our dependence on asphalt and promote the use of more environmentally-friendly alternatives. We can create jobs and stimulate economic growth by investing in sustainable solutions that benefit our community and our planet.

I believe that by working together, we can achieve great things for our city. I am committed to being a transparent and accountable leader who listens to the needs and concerns of our citizens. I will work tirelessly to make sure that our city remains a great place to live, work, and raise a family.

Thank you for your time, and I ask for your vote in the upcoming election. Together, we can make a difference and build a better future for Irvine.
=-=-=-=-=-

This AI thing is really fun.....even if too verbose with 100% fluff.

Last edited:
Conflicted, love more new homes as they are a great option for buyers who keep losing out on resales to multiple offers. But on the other hand these are in an area that I am not too excited about due to the risk of fires. You don’t spend that much money on a home and then not have the peace of mind. Why put yourself through it when you can buy a new or newish home in other areas in Irvine or in Tustin by the Irvine border and not be in a high fire risk area.

Orchard Hills, Lambert Ranch, and Portola Springs are all in fire danger. Buyers should care but they don't and the city keeps building. We've had several close calls (Silverado Fire, Santiago Fire etc...). Sadly there will be a reckoning and only then will people question the wisdom of building close to wildfire areas.

yeah I mean everything north of the 5 is in danger but I would not fret if I were in Woodbury for example even though I know homes were evacuated there few years ago. However, there’s somewhere we have to draw the line and I will draw the line in this area. This is just the belly of the beast. It sucks because I am sure that would be some affordable (for Irvine standards) condos and townhome here as part of the future new development. That would be a great option for young buyers, but this is just not the area I would personally want to be in if I wanted a peace of mind given the investment at stake and the available options elsewhere.

The more east of portola blvd they build, the better fire protection for my house. Fire has to get through those house first. So i welcome new developments 😄.

Back