all American asphalt

The California Court Company said:
NIMBY in its finest example.  Just like IPD drops off homeless to Santa Ana, Veteran?s cemetery to Anaheim Hills and AAA to ?

Why so negative? Sounds like you want the asphalt plant there? 

If you move AAA to Lake Forest, what about their residents?

TestingIrvine said:
NIMBY in its finest example.  Just like IPD drops off homeless to Santa Ana, Veteran?s cemetery to Anaheim Hills and AAA to ?

Why so negative? Sounds like you want the asphalt plant there?

AAA won?t relocate until they have a new location secured. No other city is going to let these guys set up shop. There was a reason they were in the middle of nowhere before north Irvine started getting built out.

This is a dog and pony show by the Irvine city council. They want to make it look like they are trying. 

mythicquest said:
Interesting news coming out today.

Irvine Officials Look to Move Controversial Asphalt Factory Through Legal Settlement
https://voiceofoc.org/2022/02/irvin...ial-asphalt-factory-through-legal-settlement/

"Following a discussion behind closed doors on Tuesday night, Mayor Farrah Khan announced the city would begin looking into a settlement with All American Asphalt, reading a short statement prepared by city attorney Jeff Melching.

?The settlement will require the relocation of All American Asphalt to a different site outside of Irvine,? Khan said. ?The settlement should require All American Asphalt implement and follow a series of mitigation measures.?

However, details on the exact terms are still up in the air.

In a phone call after Tuesday?s council meeting, City Manager Oliver Chi said while no formal settlement has been negotiated, the staff are slated to begin pushing for two main goals: the relocation of the plant and efforts to mitigate the effects on residents until the factory closes."

Unless they can show us when and where the relocation will be, I only see this to be merely some kind of "fake" promise just to get people to vote for the current mayor to get her the re-election for 2022.

The asphalt plant was there before y'all bought your house next to it.
Good luck moving it, but I side with American Asphalt.

Perhaps you guys can give them millions so they will leave?

Shut the plant down, while it produce real products and employ real employees.

Good luck.

4 millions, I can find another place to park it, without going through a fight.

[quote author =zubs link=topic=17689.msg390808#msg390808 date=1645730547]

[/quote]

Relocation Finder?s Fee  ::)

On a serious note. Are they going to get compensated for moving?

https://voiceofoc.org/2022/07/irvin...ected-within-60-days-after-three-year-fight/

But at a city council meeting last week, Chi said he ?anticipates? that a proposed settlement agreement will be back within 60 days.
?We think we have a framework AAA has tentatively agreed to,? Chi said. ?Key issues we?re still resolving are identifying a different site they may be relocating to.?

Seems like an important point to have an alternative site identified, to have any meaningful relocation settlement... But at least some news.

?My grandparents came to visit us to find a home ? so they could live in our community,? said Eric, a public commenter at the council?s July 12 meeting. ?My grandparents are from Beijing, where the air is not the best. So what is telling is that when they got out here, they had to stop their daily walks, because they said their eyes would burn and sting from the air.?

Hard for me to believe the air quality is worse than Beijing. Translation: we just got our money out of communist China and we want our real estate investment value to go up once AAA is gone.

?My grandparents came to visit us to find a home ? so they could live in our community,? said Eric, a public commenter at the council?s July 12 meeting. ?My grandparents are from Beijing, where the air is not the best. So what is telling is that when they got out here, they had to stop their daily walks, because they said their eyes would burn and sting from the air.?

Hard for me to believe the air quality is worse than Beijing. Translation: we just got our money out of communist China and we want our real estate investment value to go up once AAA is gone.

We visited Beijing in 2018 and I have to say that I've never been anywhere that has worse air quality than Beijing. One evening, the air smelled like rotten egg.

?We think we have a framework AAA has tentatively agreed to,?  Time to get on OH4 interest list.

TIC has money & power to do whatever they want in Irvine.

Gosh, darn it. Irvine city leaders leading the way of staying bullishess and buy out the land. That is a hell of a move to strenghthen local pricing residential.

I hate to say it, but BUY NOW IN IRVINE or be priced out forever. Where is all the crash bros?

Well look @ that....Irvine is going to spend millions to move the asphalt plant.
Back to Cleo I go.

Last edited:
Wow indeed. Irvine flexing. Meanwhile in Lake Forest… can’t even get a school built after dumping thousands of new homes into the area.
*100% trolling! And mentioning LF because it was brought up upthread.

Irvine got rid of the Veterans Cemetery, so it's only logical that AAA would be the next issue to be shown the door. Anyone know where the 80 Acres are?

Back