Advice for couple shopping in the 525-600k price range? (Irvine/Tustin Ranch)

Does anyone have an idea what the expected HOA and mello roos may be for the new Levity homes in Tustin Legacy? Could it be about the same as Columbus Square which is near where Levity is being built?

After seeing some more houses were now thinking even more about going with a new development. Everytime we see a resale home we immediately start talking about what we want to replace and how much it would be, etc etc. With the new homes its basically just the flooring we want upgraded and that's it. Even then we could live with the carpet for a while and replace the living room with wood later on.

What is holding us back is the HOA and mello roos.

We are on the verge of stepping up to a bit more expensive house and just sucking it up and paying the mello roos like my parents did when Tustin Ranch was just being built out.

TheDoctor said:
Does anyone have an idea what the expected HOA and mello roos may be for the new Levity homes in Tustin Legacy? Could it be about the same as Columbus Square which is near where Levity is being built?

After seeing some more houses were now thinking even more about going with a new development. Everytime we see a resale home we immediately start talking about what we want to replace and how much it would be, etc etc. With the new homes its basically just the flooring we want upgraded and that's it. Even then we could live with the carpet for a while and replace the living room with wood later on.

We are on the verge of stepping up to a bit more expensive house and just sucking it up and paying the mello roos like my parents did when Tustin Ranch was just being built out.

My guess is that HOA will be $350-$400/mo and Mello Roos will be $4,000+

USCTrojanCPA said:
TheDoctor said:

Seems like a reasonable guess. I can't imagine it will be as high as the great park area for HOA. Columbus Square says $340 or so I think from the last open house I went to there.

TheDoctor said:
USCTrojanCPA said:
TheDoctor said:

Seems like a reasonable guess. I can't imagine it will be as high as the great park area for HOA. Columbus Square says $340 or so I think from the last open house I went to there.

Did you come to my open house at Columbus Square on Cambridge this weekend)? 

USCTrojanCPA said:
TheDoctor said:
USCTrojanCPA said:
TheDoctor said:

Did you come to my open house at Columbus Square on Cambridge this weekend)?

Not yet, I'm just going off Redfin info. Those are the closest homes I can find to where Levity will be and same schools I think.

Back