Adler at Saddle Crest in Silverado by Tri Pointe Homes

Aside from high fire risk, good luck dealing with bugs in this area. Every time i ride bike doing Santiago/Silverado canyon loop, i get swamped by cow flies, bugs when stopping for a break.

houses with no visible garage from the front
Takes more land to do that... or you lose driveway.

I like it when they do the garages sideways so you get sort of your own large courtyard and still keep some aesthetic, bunch of homes on Bayside in Newport that are like that:

1682377083896.png

I've never seen 4CWG in Riverside even. Saying that "something that will probably never happen in Irvine" is ridiculous because you would have to live in the middle of nowhere to get one of those. You know, those places with 2 acres backyard.
These homes definitely doesn't have 2 acres of land on average, it's probably not much bigger than the premium/view lots than the current new construction SFRs selling in Irvine, and from what I see, they have build quite a number of this one with 4CWG so far when I drove by yesterday, it does look kind of funny when the garage is probably as wide (if not wider) than the space between your house and your neighbor.

Last edited:
That’s one development I would like to see how much people are paying for home insurance. If PS scares some people this one is right in the middle of a high fire zone.

That’s one development I would like to see how much people are paying for home insurance. If PS scares some people this one is right in the middle of a high fire zone.
I don't know who spread the misinformation about PS insurance, but it's completely false. Insurance for PS is $1000 a year or below.

My Bluffs home is $800+ per year. One can argue that it's because it's a detached condo. However, I just got a quote for my new Cielo home from Westwood Insurance for $966 a year.

I don't know who spread the misinformation about PS insurance, but it's completely false. Insurance for PS is $1000 a year or below.

My Bluffs home is $800+ per year. One can argue that it's because it's a detached condo. However, I just got a quote for my new Cielo home from Westwood Insurance for $966 a year.
Calbears - if you don’t mind me asking, what is your replacement cost value? My inirmace is almost 5k year, even when I shopped it around the lowest I found was about 4K. My replacement value is about 1.2M. Just trying to understand how your insurance can be so low.

Calbears - if you don’t mind me asking, what is your replacement cost value? My inirmace is almost 5k year, even when I shopped it around the lowest I found was about 4K. My replacement value is about 1.2M. Just trying to understand how your insurance can be so low.
How big is your house? Replacement value of $1.2M seems excessive. For my 2606 sq ft home, Dwelling liability is $675k and Other Structures is $135k. So my premium is $835 a year. I should also mention that my deductible is $5k. I tried higher deductibles, but it didn't reduce premium much, but it's worth increasing it to $5k from standard $1k (I think).

How big is your house? Replacement value of $1.2M seems excessive. For my 2606 sq ft home, Dwelling liability is $675k and Other Structures is $135k. So my premium is $835 a year. I should also mention that my deductible is $5k. I tried higher deductibles, but it didn't reduce premium much, but it's worth increasing it to $5k from standard $1k (I think).
My house is about 3100 sq ft. My separate structures is 113,000. I just looked up the cost of building a home in Orange County and the cost per sq ft is all over the place. Anywhere from 200 to 500 per sq ft. If I back into what my insurance says it would cost it is $387/ sq ft.

My house is about 3100 sq ft. My separate structures is 113,000. I just looked up the cost of building a home in Orange County and the cost per sq ft is all over the place. Anywhere from 200 to 500 per sq ft. If I back into what my insurance says it would cost it is $387/ sq ft.
You can try to get a quote from Mercury Insurance. That's the one insuring my Bluffs home.

A-HA! Thats the reason why yours is low. Makes sense now.

A-HA! Thats the reason why yours is low. Makes sense now.
Sleepy, you keep showing your ignorance. That is NOT the reason why my insurance is so low. You actually think that by increasing my deductible from $1k to $5k would reduce the premium from $4k a year to $835? Are you really that dense? It only saves like $100 to $200.

Sleepy, you keep showing your ignorance. That is NOT the reason why my insurance is so low. You actually think that by increasing my deductible from $1k to $5k would reduce the premium from $4k a year to $835? Are you really that dense? It only saves like $100 to $200.
Increasing your deductible from 1k to 5k will definitely have an impact to your rate. I recommend you understand how insurance premiums are calculated and what factors impact ones premium before you get all cocky.

Increasing your deductible from 1k to 5k will definitely have an impact to your rate. I recommend you understand how insurance premiums are calculated and what factors impact ones premium before you get all cocky.
You still show your ignorance. Why did you think I increased the deductible? Because I knew that it would reduce the premium. Don't you think I knew what both premiums were before I made the decision? I even asked for the premium for $10k and $25k deductibles, but didn't see any advantaged. Why don't you get educated before calling me cocky?

You still show your ignorance. Why did you think I increased the deductible? Because I knew that it would reduce the premium. Don't you think I knew what both premiums were before I made the decision? I even asked for the premium for $10k and $25k deductibles, but didn't see any advantaged. Why don't you get educated before calling me cocky?
Let me refresh your memory of how cocky you were with this post: https://www.talkirvine.com/threads/all-american-asphalt.17689/post-401567 . This was the time when you questioned why insurance premiums would go up double or triple when an area is marked as a fire hazard now. You also mentioned that a current fire zone may not be a fire zone in the future. Also didn't know how claims in a given region/zip code is one of the biggest factors in how premiums are determined.

I'm also not the one telling people on the forum that PS is not a fire hazard despite multiple instances of fires running past there. Funny how you tell people to get educated when you're the one spitting out misinformation and uneducated responses. Better check yourself before you wreck yourself bro ;)

Last edited:
A $5k deductible is pretty standard. Most all of my clients get either a $2,500 or $5,000 deductible.
This was the next change I was going to make in the next week or two. I just renewed in December at my current deductible of 2,500 but if I increase to 5,000 the premium goes down by about 800 so it will get my annual premium down to almost 4K/year. I ran out of time and just renewed in late December. So once I increase in the next week or so I’ll get a prorated refund - there is about a 300 discount for paying the premium for the year upfront so I just pay the annual premium vs monthly payments.

Back