A Wanna-Be NO MORE!!!

usctrojancpa

Just found out this morning that I passed the final part of the CPA Exam. ;D <!-- s:D -->:D<!-- s:D --> I'll be getting finger printed later on today and will mail out the application for the CPA license right after that. Ahhh, it feels so good to be done on the first try (the exam fees are not cheap...about $200 each). Should have my license within the next 8-10 weeks.

Maybe I should follow Awgee and pick up my Enrolled Agent license too since one of the parts of the CPA exam was tax filled. <!-- s:cool: -->:cool:<!-- s:cool: -->

Now people can start taking your financial advice seriously for a change <!-- s;) -->;)<!-- s;) -->

Congrats on the milestone. A long road has taken a turn for the better.

Just curious - what drew you to accounting? I remember in undergrad I had a take a few accounting classes toward one of my majors (biz). I really enjoyed them and found the content quite intuitive... much moreso than my classmates. I was tempted to continue right into a master's program in accounting rather than law school.

Although it was never more than 50/50, my opinion quickly shifted away from accounting after talking with a few people, and one accountant. Perhaps I had a bad set of advisers.... but people really seemed to feel ho-hum about the day-to-day of their careers. What kind of career path do you see yourself taking?

PS: Congrats. Licensing exams are no joke these days. Hats off.

Congratulations! That's great news Mr. Realtor-CPA <!-- s:) -->:)<!-- s:) -->
Now you can seriously show people how much money they can save by buying or selling!

I see you as the go-to guy for investment properties. Between you and your family, you have everything covered from buying/cleaning/fixing to tax filing.

Congratulations.gif

Congrats T-man!

Now the question is: Do your realtor services now include unlimited tax auditing support?! Some of us may or may not have included the mello-roos in our past write-offs <!-- s;) -->;)<!-- s;) -->

50% commission rebates + accounting services = a guy flush with lots of new clients!

[quote author="Soylent Green Is People"]Now people can start taking your financial advice seriously for a change <!-- s;) -->;)<!-- s;) -->

Congrats on the milestone. A long road has taken a turn for the better.

[/quote]
Thanks SGIP, it was a 6-month process but it's finally over. The reality is that I should have gotten my license years ago when I worked one of the Big 4 CPA firms, but my family health issues came up that put getting the CPA on the back burner.

[quote author="Mojo"]Just curious - what drew you to accounting? I remember in undergrad I had a take a few accounting classes toward one of my majors (biz). I really enjoyed them and found the content quite intuitive... much moreso than my classmates. I was tempted to continue right into a master's program in accounting rather than law school.

Although it was never more than 50/50, my opinion quickly shifted away from accounting after talking with a few people, and one accountant. Perhaps I had a bad set of advisers.... but people really seemed to feel ho-hum about the day-to-day of their careers. What kind of career path do you see yourself taking?

PS: Congrats. Licensing exams are no joke these days. Hats off.[/quote]
Well, I got my business econ major and accounting minor at UCLA and I had a job already lined up before I finished school with one of the Big 4 CPA firms (Big 6 at the time). I'm very analytical and from the people that I talked to, getting into public accounting would provide me with great experience coming straight out of school. I guess you can say I'm getting back to the basics at this point and adding another tool in my toolbox.

I see myself starting my own CPA consulting practice within the next 6-12 months and can really see myself either with my own practice or I'll get back into the corporate world with the goal of becoming a CFO. Hell, I might just become a full-time realtor....I'm fortunate that I've created all those options for myself in this economy.

[quote author="Cubic Zirconia"]Congratulations! That's great news Mr. Realtor-CPA <!-- s:) -->:)<!-- s:) -->
Now you can seriously show people how much money they can save by buying or selling!

I see you as the go-to guy for investment properties. Between you and your family, you have everything covered from buying/cleaning/fixing to tax filing.[/quote]
Thanks Cubic, I really do consider myself a jack of many trades and I'm lucky that I have a family that help out my clients in ways that I can't.

[quote author="roundcorners"]congrats T-Man, passing all four parts, right? is certainly impressive on the first try...![/quote]
Yeah, I passed all 4 parts on the first try. I paid about $800 to sit for all of them along with about $2,000 for the review course. A mix of some good studying and a little luck did the trick. I also had to fork over $150 to take and pass the CA Ethics Exam. The application costs will be about $500. Getting a CPA is not cheap, that's for sure.

[quote author="FreedomCM"]congrats. now on to the full-time FDIC job?[/quote]
Thanks, but I'm not interested in getting a job at the FDIC. Working for an FDIC approved contractor like I did with the First Federal bank closure is a lot more profitable.

[quote author="garrison"]Congrats T-man!

Now the question is: Do your realtor services now include unlimited tax auditing support?! Some of us may or may not have included the mello-roos in our past write-offs <!-- s;) -->;)<!-- s;) -->

50% commission rebates + accounting services = a guy flush with lots of new clients![/quote]
Thank you sir. I guess tax and/or financial statement services are just more things that I can help my clients out with. <!-- s:cool: -->:cool:<!-- s:cool: --> I'm really tempted to get my Enrolled Agent's license now since a lot of the stuff on that exam was covered on the tax part of the CPA exam. I just have to figure if it's worth the time, effort, and money to get the EA license having a CPA license.

[quote author="cameray"]
Congratulations.gif
[/quote]
Thanks Cameray...now I can have more of a life. haha What a great christmas present to get.

Congrats.

I would be really impressed if you started training in MMA and captured a title belt in the welterweight division.

You can change your screen name to USCTrojanCPAUFC.

Congrats!!! Your hard work will pay dividends. <!-- s:D -->:D<!-- s:D -->

One of my friends is a CPA. He says that multi part exam is a killer.

Congratulations! You are a fine example of how someone can adjust with a changing environment, instead of just complaining about it. Great job!

Back