A Tasty Duo...

iacrenter said:
ps9 said:
http://www.yelp.com/biz/tasty-noodle-house-irvine

Opened recently, got takeout here twice already...ordered seafood basil fried rice (not bad, will order again), shanghai thick noodle stir fry (ok, might not be a good dish for to go), pork bean curd stir fry with chives (not bad, will order again), and dry mix beef stew noodle (fail on this one, mama Liang's is way better).  This place has potential, once they work out the kinks, it should do well in Irvine, especially close to Ranch 99.  Still no credit cards as of today, cash only.  Can't tell what kind of Chinese, thought they were Taiwanese but the wait staff spoke Cantonese, but clearly this is not Sam Woo.  Be wary of the stinky tofu, it permeates throughout the small restaurant when they bring it out..

I wanted to eat here for lunch but the line was out the door. Maybe next time.

When does Tasty Garden open?

Finally tried Tasty Noodle House...it was meh. Shanghai soup buns were kind of dry/small and the beef noodle soup had hard/overcooked tasteless beef. I wanted to order the Shanghai crab buns and grilled pork buns but they didn't have any!?!? I'm willing to give them one more chance but not impressed so far.

Tasty noodle house -- quality wise, OK.  Quantity wise, you will not leave hungry after eating the noodles.

IMAGE_11462AC7-7FB3-4FD4-9309-09F3438937D8.JPG

IMAGE_68511A5E-861B-4D0F-B468-D5CF3C10F462.JPG

IMAGE_7FA52F59-D7B9-4024-A001-7085BAA01781.JPG

IMAGE_AB32D150-5E22-4FB5-8D96-6F0AAC61927B.JPG

Their noodle serving size is like, extra servings hidden inside the bowl.  Not impressed with the tofu, but OK if you think of it as "fried tofu" and not "stinky tofu".

Finally had the chance to dine-in at Tasty Noodle... 5:20pm on a Irvine Sunday night, got seated right away.  5:45pm, 30 minute wait.  Tried the fried fish as above which was decent.  Got the shanghai pan fried baos (the ones on the poster as you enter) which was delicious.  Sea eel noodle soup, was ok.  The wait for the fried dumplings/baos takes awhile, hence the long wait at this restaurant.  As the wait and kitchen staff gets more efficient (especially with the dumplings), the turnover should be better.

I'm gonna give tasty noodle a mini boycott...twice I called in orders and twice it was not ready at pick up time promised.  I get it if your busy, but if a lady can walk in and place an order for the same food I'm getting (I ordered by phone 15 minutes ago, now just standing there waiting) and get it at the same time as me, that's an efficiency problem. 

I even told the head waiter guy that I can't wait anymore and just want to get the food that is ready and he won't let me!  Should've just walked out...if only the food wasn't so tasty..

It looked a little smaller when my wife ordered the shanghai noodles to go vs dine in.  The box was pretty compact but hey, we got pretty full off of it soo...  ???

Ordered a 3 cup chicken to go.. mostly skin and bones..  like I said.. no more Tasty for me...  you almost had me at hello

I gave this place one more try: tried the eel noodle soup...very tasty dish and would eat it again. Also tried the fried fish with seaweed...something different--good but not great. Still curious about the grilled pork buns. PS9, I will be sure to never do a phone order.

iacrenter said:
I gave this place one more try: tried the eel noodle soup...very tasty dish and would eat it again. Also tried the fried fish with seaweed...something different--good but not great. Still curious about the grilled pork buns. PS9, I will be sure to never do a phone order.
I ordered over the phone on Saturday... yeah I am never gonna do that again. 

The grilled pork buns were awesome again as well as the jelly fish in vinegar :)

ordered take out again.. i was too weak to hold out.. this time gave them a good 20 minutes before showing up to pick up.. surprise, it was ready for pick up..  ran out of the shanghai pork buns.. settled for pot stickers.. but they were great!  back on the wagon.

Back