30 Day Fitness Challenge

Cubic Zirconia said:
I got rid of that shampoo and I am going to start showering with Dawn Dishwashing Soap. It's label reads, "DISSOLVES FAT THAT IS OTHERWISE DIFFICULT TO REMOVE."
Since I'm Austrian... I use this:
87ed7c52ffcab12a8ad9c690ba87c70a.jpg

Proud of you IHO, for taking care of yourself. I was reading runner's world last night, and they have a whole plan for someone to go from not running at all to running at least 5k (I think stage 4 is 10k) I will give it a try. Involves walking for the first seven weeks, and this plan is probably designed to teach someone to run without injuries :)

What happened to the leg? I heard you mention it, but don't know the specifics of the injury.. why not go to a good orthopedic surgeon and take care of it while you are young? I have head of injuries creeping up later in life and becoming a menace.

Chronic knee problems... happens when you're too heavy for the support columns.

Have had surgery on both... one when I was young... the other other when I was older... did physical therapy for the last two injuries and it seems to work okay.

The ironic thing is whenever I injure them, I'm laid off for a few months and that's when I gain more weight... and then when I start playing again to help lose the weight... I injure them again... bah.

I should eat better too... but life it too short to always eat healthy food (and healthy food is so expensive, lunch is like $12 at Veggie Grill or Native Foods).

Hmm.. yes, you need to eat better also, not just stay active. How about strength training? Wouldn't it help build muscles and put less pressure on the bones/joints?
Aye aye on veggie grill.. at $12 it doesn't even fill you up! Native foods is better.

Cubic Zirconia said:
Aye aye on veggie grill.. at $12 it doesn't even fill you up! Native foods is better.
But the Peach Ice Tea at VG is so much better than the Watermelon Fresca at Native... and Saturday's Barley "Beef" soup at VG is awesome.

irvinehomeowner said:
Cubic Zirconia said:
But the Peach Ice Tea at VG is so much better than the Watermelon Fresca at Native... and Saturday's Barley "Beef" soup at VG is awesome.

Rule No 1: Stop drinking calories unless it is wine or water :p

Cubic Zirconia said:
irvinehomeowner said:
Cubic Zirconia said:

Rule No 1: Stop drinking calories unless it is wine or water :p

Hey, hey. Switch to hard liquor. Zero calories or near it. Since I switched from Bellinis to tequila, things have been going great. *Hiccup.*

irvinehomeowner said:
Cubic Zirconia said:

Sorry IHO, didn't mean to bum you on the walking.  I was thinking how really important the little choices are and how big of a sabotage the vending machine is...  We can't be good all the time and any living plan needs to include small indulgences and things like birthday cake...

I look at it this way, every 10000 steps is that much gym time you don't need to do.  If you're bigger, say, 250 lbs, then basically, every 30 minute of walking is 250 calories!  I've been on a kick to keep up my 10,000 steps a day. It's hard because it's time consuming and an office job is really designed to park your behind.  I need about an hour of supplemental walking to get there, but that's an easy 30-45 minutes on the elliptical or stationary bike I don't need to do.  That said, I do like my elliptical because I can push harder without the leg injuries.

Basically, trimming one candy bar/ Cheetos bag type snack with some walking is enough to power a pound a week.

It's so much easier to do nothing i.e. eat less / better than it is to burn it off, although I certainly commend those who have the gumption to work it off.

Iho, are you at least 250? You could still eat very well, quite a lot even, and lose weight simply at rest by reducing calories. They say to figure 12 cal. burned for every pound but I'm conservative and do 10 also for quick math. At that rate anything under 2,500 cal. /day would equal a deficit.

nosuchreality said:
Basically, trimming one candy bar/ Cheetos bag type snack with some walking is enough to power a pound a week.

In the end this is what it comes to. Simple pleasures of life :)
I am not a candy and chips eater, but show me a box of desserts and I will polish it off.. without second thoughts. One such session will undo all the great work at the gym.

These are addicting.

Nonni's Salted Caramel Biscotti. 100 calories.

salted-carmel-lg.jpg

"Salted Caramel Biscotti filled with caramels, dipped and strung in rich milk chocolate and then lightly sprinkled with sea salt."

I disagree with the "lightly" salted part. They are very salty. They kind of gag me. But I still eat one every day. And I plan to buy more.

There are like 100 different kinds of biscotti that they make.http://nonnis.com/products/

They also make "Thin Addictives".

385938_365201793586168_870270205_n.jpg

See? I told you. Not a little bit of salt. You could de-ice a driveway with what they put on there. Who are they kidding.

285546_10151460469573399_2047434359_n.jpg

Tip:

Don't weigh yourself right out of the shower with a huge damp towel on your head, wrapped around your hair.

I almost had a breakdown seeing the freakishly high number on the scale: "WTH?!!! :'("

Thankfully, the smarter person in my house pointed out the problem (while laughing.)

Oh.  :-\

SoCal said:
Tip:

Don't weigh yourself right out of the shower with a huge damp towel on your head, wrapped around your hair.

I almost had a breakdown seeing the freakishly high number on the scale: "WTH?!!! :'("

Thankfully, the smarter person in my house pointed out the problem (while laughing.)

Dumb, but potentially good question...

When people weigh themselves, what time of day do they do it?  And how often? and do you consistently weigh the same time of day?

kubert13 said:
SoCal said:
Tip:

Dumb, but potentially good question...

When people weigh themselves, what time of day do they do it?  And how often? and do you consistently weigh the same time of day?

Morning, right out of the shower, on Fridays.
(At the rate we are sharing information on this thread, someone will probably sketch all the characters needed to write a novel!)

SoCal, I would rather eat two of the salt sprinkled ones than four of those thin addictives. At least I will be satisfied..
But then, caramel is not an issue for me. It's the rice..UGH! I have learned how to eat brown rice and black rice, and wild rice. I had figured, when I stop making the white basmati, I will not be tempted to eat more. Body adapts, so do taste buds :)

Anyway, started the day every day this week with 4 eggs and a cup of coffee, followed by a piece of bread with peanut butter. Don't ask me what happens the rest of the day, but I have my mornings under control. Also, walked every other day for 60 mins. Planning to hit the gym over the weekend.

SoCal said:
Good job, CZ! Walking a few hours per week is great! I can't remember if you are already at your goal weight?

:-[ Goal - gain- goal- gain.. goal is not a certain number, but it's more defined abs. I see four, I go back to two. It needs intense exercise and diet, and I can't do both, at least right now. And the way things are progressing, it's only worse from here. So, redefined goal, retain two, be happy with four and keep dreaming of six..

I'm glad I don't work with the ab goal system... I've been at a single for a long time and don't see that changing... #ONEPACKRULES.

Back