30 Day Fitness Challenge

The strawberry thing must be an inside joke because I sure don't get what you all are talking about.

SoCal said:
The strawberry thing must be an inside joke because I sure don't get what you all are talking about.
Let me ?splain? no, there is too much. Let me sum up:

You and CZ have a bit of a sis-mance going on so I am countering with a bro-mance with my Homie.

It's a TInside joke!

Eh?? o_O Earth to Iho... Earth to Iho... Come in, Iho.
radio-006.gif

I went to Arby's for lunch yesterday. I love Arby's. Because I'm white. And white people love horseradish and *mayonnaise. Horsey Sauce isn't true horseradish and it isn't quite mayonnaise but it's a combo of the two. For not being real horseradish, it's the closest thing you'll find at a fast food joint.

However, yesterday it dawned on me that if you douse your food with it, you won't want to eat it no matter how much you like horsey sauce. A little bit or a fair amount is great. Too much is nature's mace. Ruining your meal saves you calories by default. I've heard of people doing this with Tobasco. I don't have any use for hot sauce in even the tiniest amounts.. But I think I'll start carrying packets of horsey sauce in my purse for days when I'm tempted somewhere other than Arby's. I've never been one to purposely ruin food, but it's all going to end up in the same place anyway. So, why not.

*Yes, it's a stereotype.  :) And yes, I find it is mainly true.

I don't like mayo.

I'll tolerate it in chicken salad or whatever requires mayo to be mixed in but I don't like it as an add-on to sandwiches or burgers.

That may change though... I used to not like bacon either.

**Gasp!**

An Austrian who doesn't like mayo!

I put it on hot dogs.

I like tuna sandwiches with mayonnaise and Worcester sauce (<-- Another favorite but it's not as easy to find uses for Worcester without mayonnaise).

I like egg & mayonnaise sandwiches for breakfast. It's ok... take a moment to throw up after reading that.

There is nothing you can't do with mayonnaise.

Just 1 problem. It's 90 calories per Tbsp.  :'( I've almost given it up entirely since February but some days I just eat healthier the rest of the day so I can justify white-knuckling the mayonnaise jar.

At least Worcester is low cal!

As usual, I went to hippie joint, because that's where vegans go. At this point, other than Tuesday afternoon, I have eaten out everyday and had a full dinner because I was starved. I haven't had time to work out, and weight is not even an issue as of this moment. I have acne  :-[ I look like a teenager.. in a very unflattering way.

Mid April update: Staying where I started out, royally. How is everyone else doing? I guess other Kulbert and Homer no successes? Oh well, good in a way, we get to bond month after month on a common goal :p

Qwerty, NSR: Yes, you guys were right.. 180 and 6 sounds about right. (But given the context of Mr.SoCal, my reaction was right.. Mrs.SoCal likes him umm.. well fed) I was also comparing it with my own weight.. I don't know where I am packing pounds, but oh yeah, women as heavy as me are at least 2 sizes bigger than me.. I will just lie to myself and say I am all muscle because it makes me happy.

Cubic Zirconia said:
How is everyone else doing? I guess other Kulbert and Homer no successes? Oh well, good in a way, we get to bond month after month on a common goal :p

8 days since I have started back on my thyroid medication. About 1.5 lbs. down. Nothing exciting. I was expecting instant gratification. ;) Swelling & chronic fatigue symptoms are decreasing a little but not back to 100%. Can't exercise much yet. It will probably be a few more weeks. It got really rough. I have not told everything. Maybe one day I will if I end up where I want to. I'm still counting calories. No weight GAIN. That is good. I am doing my part - keeping my diet on track. I am kicking butt in that department! I haven't stopped the entire time. I am mad at myself for picking the route I did with the medication screw-up. I would have already been down 15 lbs. by now if I hadn't done that. But ohhh welll! It's not a race, I guess. All things will come in due time.

It's my job to keep Mr. SoCal fat & happy. But he won't let meeee. If pies won't work, now I'll have to figure out a new way to cash in on his life insurance policy. Drats!  :p

SoCal said:
Cubic Zirconia said:
How is everyone else doing? I guess other Kulbert and Homer no successes? Oh well, good in a way, we get to bond month after month on a common goal :p

8 days since I have started back on my thyroid medication. About 1.5 lbs. down. Nothing exciting. I was expecting instant gratification. ;) Swelling & chronic fatigue symptoms are decreasing a little but not back to 100%. Can't exercise much yet. It will probably be a few more weeks. It got really rough. I have not told everything. Maybe one day I will if I end up where I want to. I'm still counting calories. No weight GAIN. That is good. I am doing my part - keeping my diet on track. I am kicking butt in that department! I haven't stopped the entire time. I am mad at myself for picking the route I did with the medication screw-up. I would have already been down 15 lbs. by now if I hadn't done that. But ohhh welll! It's not a race, I guess. All things will come in due time.

It's my job to keep Mr. SoCal fat & happy. But he won't let meeee. If pies won't work, now I'll have to figure out a new way to cash in on his life insurance policy. Drats!  :p

Give it some time. Yes, it's not a race, that's what I tell myself also. If not this month, there is always next month. I can't deprive me of all things tasty.. esp when stressed. At this point, every little positive thing counts.. if ate oatmeal for breakfast, I give me credit for it, because I didn't end up with a latte..

Cubic Zirconia said:
Give it some time. Yes, it's not a race, that's what I tell myself also. If not this month, there is always next month. I can't deprive me of all things tasty.. esp when stressed. At this point, every little positive thing counts.. if ate oatmeal for breakfast, I give me credit for it, because I didn't end up with a latte..

Exactly. You're doing great. Just think - for every 1 moment of weakness, you have had 100 moments of success. You have definitely earned a latte!

CZ, did you see this article?

"Bones so frail it would be impossible to walk and room for only half a liver: Shocking research reveals what life would be like if a REAL woman had Barbie's body." LINK

If Barbie was a real woman she'd be forced to walk on all fours and would be physically incapable of lifting her over-sized head. She would also wear a child's Size 3 shoe.

article-2308658-19469C29000005DC-844_634x467.jpg

There are some other good comparison charts and photos in the link. I don't know about the height, though. Another link I read said Barbie would be 5'9", not 5'7". And also, her proportions were changed in the 90s to be more realistic - bigger waist, smaller bust.

He. He. Heh. Heheh. Hehehehehe. HAHAHA.  :D Guess who has an appointment with the late Anna Nicole Smith's hair stylist tomorrow?

What does this have to do with Fitness, you ask?

Anna Nicole is one of my beauty idols. Here is a woman who looked great when she was 130 lbs. and when she was 250+ lbs she was equally beautiful. There was never a hotter Guess girl. Twenty years later, she was still gorgeous. I love her because she always took care of herself. She had her fair share of problems, of course but she didn't care if she met her "ideals" or anyone else's. I admired her outlook and her beauty. I do the same as her. I don't wait to be happy later. I take care of myself regardless. You have to - both men and women - to stay motivated.

Anyway, I'm not delusional. Going to her stylist is not going to make me as beautiful as Anna. The lady is a beautician, not a magician! But it's a good start.  8)

She also does all the floozies on Real Housewives of O.C. I don't care 'bout them.  :)

Cubic Zirconia said:
As usual, I went to hippie joint, because that's where vegans go. At this point, other than Tuesday afternoon, I have eaten out everyday and had a full dinner because I was starved. I haven't had time to work out, and weight is not even an issue as of this moment. I have acne  :-[ I look like a teenager.. in a very unflattering way.

Mid April update: Staying where I started out, royally. How is everyone else doing? I guess other Kulbert and Homer no successes? Oh well, good in a way, we get to bond month after month on a common goal :p

Qwerty, NSR: Yes, you guys were right.. 180 and 6 sounds about right. (But given the context of Mr.SoCal, my reaction was right.. Mrs.SoCal likes him umm.. well fed) I was also comparing it with my own weight.. I don't know where I am packing pounds, but oh yeah, women as heavy as me are at least 2 sizes bigger than me.. I will just lie to myself and say I am all muscle because it makes me happy.

I caught a small cold recently and realized my body aches so much more after lifting when you are sick.  I suppose it's because my body is focusing on recovering from an illness as opposed to building muscle (priorities, right?).

Anyone ever take a boxing/kickboxing class?  Sounds like it would be pretty intense...

Back