30 Day Fitness Challenge

nosuchreality said:
To be honest, I think I know who some people are and then other times, I feel completely confused as to who is whom compared to what their pseudonyms used to be on the old IHB forum.  Is Vas around anymore, I miss the farm updates.

He's retired from the forums. However! He is a FacePlace friend of mine. He posts regular updates there on farm life. I've asked and received permission to share his link with you. I'll go shoot you a PM with that link.

Kubert13 and Iho -- how did the challenge end for you or are you giving it 2 more days to make it official? Any plans to renew your challenge for April?

Homer -- notice I didn't ask.  Congratulations.  :mad:
:p

nosuchreality said:
Hubby's weight loss is commendable however he needs to be aware that it is mostly an inflammation water dump caused by cleaning up his diet.  I really miss the dramatic results I got from doing Atkins.  I know he's not doing that but I seem to recall you saying you've switched to a slow carb/GI style.  Anyway, the big issue with Atkins or GI is 7 lbs off in a blink, 7 lbs on in blink... if he's being doing low GI and suddenly does a high GI day, whammo.

I was doing slow-carb from 2/18 - 3/03. Then I switched to low-cal on 3/04 and he joined me on that. No major glycogen burn for my Pillsbury Dough Boy. He likes his carbs too much.

irvinehomeowner said:
Still fat.

But I can start doing more on my knee so we'll see.

Homie: Heritage tomorrow? (you too IR2)

IHO- I will be out for a while.  sorry bud... I will try my best to get out there when my scheduel lightens up.

SoCal said:
nosuchreality said:
Hubby's weight loss is commendable however he needs to be aware that it is mostly an inflammation water dump caused by cleaning up his diet.  I really miss the dramatic results I got from doing Atkins.  I know he's not doing that but I seem to recall you saying you've switched to a slow carb/GI style.  Anyway, the big issue with Atkins or GI is 7 lbs off in a blink, 7 lbs on in blink... if he's being doing low GI and suddenly does a high GI day, whammo.

I was doing slow-carb from 2/18 - 3/03. Then I switched to low-cal on 3/04 and he joined me on that. No major glycogen burn for my Pillsbury Dough Boy. He likes his carbs too much.

That's great. I remembered wrong.  I thought he got on board like two weeks ago.  At 7 pounds in four weeks for a guy, is good.

Cubic Zirconia said:
Very insignificant victory, but hey, it still counts: This morning, went from front passenger seat to the back seat without getting stuck, or without having to pull/push any of my body parts in a sedan (may I add, breathing normally, without stepping on anyone?) Ha! You can ignore that I am not very tall :p

Next goal: Fitting into kid's booster seat?

The answers to my dieting prayers.

524574_10151738423355101_1466977748_n.jpg

"New Chick-a-Sticks gum is a delicious, long-lasting, sugar-free solution made with the same natural seasonings as the Chick-fil-A Sandwich, including a hint of crucial pickle. Chick-a-Strips provide nighttime relief when chewing gum isn't practical. Placed over the bridge of the nose, Chick-a-Strips expand nasal passages and emit vapors containing the smell of our chicken sandwich, which curbs cravings via olfactory senses until Chick-fil-A reopens Monday morning. Share with friends to help them curb #SundayCravings."

Dang... I think I lost 11 lbs in March. Must have been all that walking and physical therapy on my knee even though I wasn't playing ball.

irvinehomeowner said:
Dang... I think I lost 11 lbs in March. Must have been all that walking and physical therapy on my knee even though I wasn't playing ball.

I wish I could claim that.  Sadly, my sinus infection has cleared up after three weeks.  With it, I stopped the meds.  Don't know what was going on, but let's keep it simple and just say, my bloated feeling has flushed itself away.

So looks like I actually ended the month at -9 pounds!

SoCal said:
Kubert13 and Iho -- how did the challenge end for you or are you giving it 2 more days to make it official? Any plans to renew your challenge for April?

Homer -- notice I didn't ask.  Congratulations.  :mad:
:p
Sorry I haven't posted in a while.  Challenge went well.  I may have lost a few pounds but definitely picked up a little muscle.  I've realized that for my body type, it's difficult to gain weight and put on muscle.  I know, I know it's the opposite of people on this thread.  I'm definitely gonna keep going with checking my caloric intake and working out at the gym.  But now I realize I need to put on some muscle.

Almost forgot... I April Fooled here too.

No way I lost 11 pounds in March... although I'll be trying in April.

Whenever I get injured... I gain and it's so hard to take it off... must be old age.

irvinehomeowner said:

Whenever I get injured... I gain and it's so hard to take it off... must be old age.

i hope you hit 350! for all your lies!!

irvinehomeowner said:

Okay, I didn't really leave 12 pounds behind this weekend. 

Although on a minor note, my pants didn't feel pleasantly loose this morning.

Now you know why I don't want to meet anyone in person.

Meeting people at basketball is safe because chances are everyone else is sweaty and stinky.

P.S. Homer smells like strawberries.

irvinehomeowner said:
Now you know why I don't want to meet anyone in person.

Meeting people at basketball is safe because chances are everyone else is sweaty and stinky.

P.S. Homer smells like strawberries.

You noticed!  :-*

Back