3 New California Pacific Communities in Portola Springs Late 2021

bkimxmd said:
CalBears96 said:
bkimxmd said:
A plan 1 opened up.  After weighing the pros and cons we went with the plan 1.

That's quite a bit of a downgrade, from 4 bed/4 baths + bonus room to 3 bed/2.5 baths + loft, but you save almost $200k. How are the kitchen and bathroom upgrades?

Lol.  Ended up switching back to the plan 3.

What happened? Needed that extra bedroom after all?  :p

CalBears96 said:
bkimxmd said:
CalBears96 said:
bkimxmd said:

That's quite a bit of a downgrade, from 4 bed/4 baths + bonus room to 3 bed/2.5 baths + loft, but you save almost $200k. How are the kitchen and bathroom upgrades?

What happened? Needed that extra bedroom after all?  :p

Gotta keep the wife happy.  Lol

Cares said:
bluebig said:
Nice job bkimxmd.  Happy wife = happy life.

I thought it was crappy WiFi crappy life. Happy WiFi happy life.

That's true in my case because my wife carries her iPad Pro around the house watching dramas. So, happy WiFi, happy wife, and therefore happy life.  ;D

CalBears96 said:
Cares said:
bluebig said:
Nice job bkimxmd.  Happy wife = happy life.

I thought it was crappy WiFi crappy life. Happy WiFi happy life.

That's true in my case because my wife carries her iPad Pro around the house watching dramas. So, happy WiFi, happy wife, and therefore happy life.  ;D

Lol!!!  My wife too except on her big ass iPhone max pro.  Kdramas????

It's just unfair that nothing rhymes with husband. We are being held down poetically by the system!

Happy husband.... must be pizza in the oven?

Happy husband... must be watching the Dirty Dozen?

Happy husband... must be up to somethin'! :(

Happy husband... I got nuthin'. :)

bkimxmd said:
CalBears96 said:
bkimxmd said:

That's nice that they let you keep switching. 

foodisgood said:
Yup that is nice - they have not notified us any sites being available.

Someone who reserved the plan 1 passed on it.  That?s why.  As of last night I think the plan 1 was still available.  They also said please 2 will be released pretty quickly.

SWATeam said:
bkimxmd said:
foodisgood said:
Yup that is nice - they have not notified us any sites being available.

Someone who reserved the plan 1 passed on it.  That?s why.  As of last night I think the plan 1 was still available.  They also said please 2 will be released pretty quickly.

New to this forum.  It turns out things worked out.  :)  Unless anything goes awry before 12/15, we will have picked up the last plan 1 remaining in phase 1, which doesn't seem to be getting much love.  Maybe we'll have a chance to meet some of our potential neighbors during this weekend's models' opening.

Congrats. Did you have a chance to look at the model yet? Or are you looking at it this weekend for the first time?

Today we toured Bluffs and Highland so we have something to compare against for the Sierra grand opening. We signed up as well but really seems like no hope there.

foodisgood said:
Today we toured Bluffs and Highland so we have something to compare against for the Sierra grand opening. We signed up as well but really seems like no hope there.

We've been on Bluffs and Highland waitlist since mid September and haven't got a call yet. Well, we did get an offer to buy Bluffs 1 last phase after the initial buyer change his mind, but we ultimately decided we needed the loft in Bluffs 2/Highland 1, so we declined it. Funny thing is that initially Bluffs 1 was our first choice.

CalBears96 said:
foodisgood said:

We've been on Bluffs and Highland waitlist since mid September and haven't got a call yet. Well, we did get an offer to buy Bluffs 1 last phase after the initial buyer change his mind, but we ultimately decided we needed the loft in Bluffs 2/Highland 1, so we declined it. Funny thing is that initially Bluffs 1 was our first choice.

It's interesting that your 2 options are really different. One is courtyard vs quasi SFR.  I personally would take quasi SFR over courtyard anytime. Having lived in courtyard many years, I hate not having my own driveway, harder to get in/out of my own garage, close proximity to front neighbors. I could hear my neighbors watered the grass in their backyard.

When Highland first opened, i was that close to getting plan 3 but backed out because we found out it wasn't true SFR but rather quasi SFR.  Since it was so new, there wasn't any buyers' homes for us to look. Lucky for us before we signed the contract, a sale rep told us that Highlands SFR would look similar to OH Como.  My wife wants to be able to park on the sidewalk and has a true SFR. It's crazy how long the list is even for courtyard and quasi SFR.

Danimal said:
CalBears96 said:
foodisgood said:

It's interesting that your 2 options are really different. One is courtyard vs quasi SFR.  I personally would take quasi SFR over courtyard anytime. Having lived in courtyard many years, I hate not having my own driveway, harder to get in/out of my own garage, close proximity to front neighbors. I could hear my neighbors watered the grass in their backyard.

When Highland first opened, i was that close to getting plan 3 but backed out because we found out it wasn't true SFR but rather quasi SFR.  Since it was so new, there wasn't any buyers' homes for us to look. Lucky for us before we signed the contract, a sale rep told us that Highlands SFR would look similar to OH Como.  My wife wants to be able to park on the sidewalk and has a true SFR. It's crazy how long the list is even for courtyard and quasi SFR.

Well, we do prefer Highland because we do prefer to have the driveway. However, it's not extremely important to us to have a driveway. It's nice to have, but not necessary. As for parking on the sidewalk, I prefer NOT to have that option because my current neighbors always park in front of my house, making it very inconvenient for me on garbage days.

I've lived in a townhouse in San Jose and now in true SFR for the past 15 years, but not in a courtyard, so I can't really say what that's like.

Basically, for us, it really comes down to the floorplan inside the house and we like both Bluffs 2 and Highland 1, so we would take whichever calls us first, considering how the price keeps going up. Even though Bluffs 2 next release hasn't come out yet, Zillow already has its price and it has increased by $35k.

Back