24 HR Fitness or LA Fitness??

ps9 said:
irvinehomehater said:
Really like the LA Fitness Gym better than 24's.  Cleaner, newer and more machines.

Define "clean"

I see cleaning people wiping down the equipment ever so often when I was there.  When I was at 24, they hardly cleaned teh equpiment.

all gyms are dirty regardless of how they look. that is why i work out at home

benchpress.jpg

Note that you can pay $720/3yrs at LA Fitness which includes all CA gyms (maybe even out of state?) and no initiation fee.

paperboyNC said:
Note that you can pay $720/3yrs at LA Fitness which includes all CA gyms (maybe even out of state?) and no initiation fee.

Can you continue after 3 years?  I did this with 24 hr years ago, paid 3 years upfront and afterwards its $20/year

louis said:
I'm going to get a gym membership, but I truly do not know which gym better benefits. Tomorrow I'm going to go ask for information. For now, I would like some opinions

LA Fitness if you are going to go to the Irvine Blvd location or Culver Blvd location. I don't like the Jamboree/5 freeway location, older equipment and feels congested.  Have not been to the signature gym on on the other side of Jamboree. Supposed to be nice. I have been to the 24 HR inside the Spectrum mall and the one down Irvine Center Drive. I could not stand both of them. Ventilation was not properly set up and did not care for the equipment. Now if you go to the Ultra 24 hr along side the 405 North, that one is nice, but mucho bucks.

I consistently go to the LA Fitness on Irvine Blvd and Sand Canyon and it is always clean and well maintained. It's never too busy also but that might be attributable to me working out at 5am.  LA Fitness also has month to month membership so you can cancel at any time. Its a bit more expensive but you are not locked in. Try it out for a couple of months and if you see yourself continuing to go, prepay for the 3 year plan which is way cheaper.

Just a tip on signing up.  If you can, wait until the end of the month, then call in and ask for the best deal.  Normally they are trying to hit numbers so they can offer a better special. I just signed up at LA Fitness off Alicia and got $29/mo with nothing down.  I did some research and that seemed like the best monthly price so I called and said look I'll sign up over the phone right now for $29/ no down, and he said alright. Good luck!

paperboyNC said:
The "best" deal at LA Fitness is $720 prepaid for 36 months ($20/mo). I believe it's then $250/yr after that.

Actually, I'm paying (prepaid) $155 for 1 year or $310 for 2 year at LA fitness.  I got that offer back in 2008 when their business was really slow.  The manager walk around in the gym and ask anyone willing to prepaid 1 year membership for $155 with 1 extra free month or 2 year for $310 with 2 extra free month of membership.  Off course I took the offer and keep the same rate every year after that. :)

Just saw this LA Fitness Special.  One year for $279 and renewal $179/year thereafter.  So it average out $23.25/month for the first year and $14.92/month thereafter. 

lnc said:
Just saw this LA Fitness Special.  One year for $279 and renewal $179/year thereafter.  So it average out $23.25/month for the first year and $14.92/month thereafter.

Is it a public or private offer? Where would I find it?

paperboyNC said:
lnc said:

Is it a public or private offer? Where would I find it?

It's to the public.  They have a sign posted on the wall for this deal.  BTW, this is at Garden Grove LA fitness, other location should be able to honor the same deal.

Attachments

• LA Fitness Special.JPG
    LA Fitness Special.JPG
    584.8 KB · Views: 2,151
thatOSguy said:
USCTrojanCPA said:
24 hour > LA Fitness because their gyms are open 24/7.

I wish! Some of their clubs are closed late in the evenings or on weekend evenings:

The one at the Spectrum closes at 10pm on weekends and opens at 5am:http://www.24hourfitness.com/Website/Club/00863?rt=1

I had too many experiences like this at 24 hour fitness where they aren't open 24 hours (IIRC Brea was/is the worst).
I'd never trek out to the one at the Spectrum, especially when there's the one at Tustin Marketplace and that one is open 24/7...good enough for me.  :D

Back