2023 TV Streaming Services

iacrenter

I've been slowly unbundling from Cox and ready to cut the last cord. My biggest concern is losing local channels but Youtube TV seems to have most of the ones I watch. What's the best service out there? Do people still buy digital antennas?

Upstairs we use one TV with just an indoor antenna.

Downstairs we have an indoor antenna on the main TV but usually use YouTube TV.

YTTV is getting pretty expensive and may consider dropping it as the only time I use it is for sports or some show that isn't on streaming and I DVR'd it.

Dropped Cox cable TV years ago and do not miss it... but they avenge themselves every once in a while when their Internet goes out. :(

You mean in the year of 2023 someone actually would still sit in front of a TV and watches for minutes to hours for local broadcast channels?

I've been slowly unbundling from Cox and ready to cut the last cord. My biggest concern is losing local channels but Youtube TV seems to have most of the ones I watch. What's the best service out there? Do people still buy digital antennas?

We do only streaming and I get cbs via paramount, nbc via peacock and fox via sling. You can also get all/most of the local channels via Hulu + LiveTV. We tried the digital antennas but they were fussy.

I'm old school--I like watching TV news: local channels but also CNN, CNBC etc... I also have multiple streaming apps for my movies.

Has the pricing improved? Or is this more of a downsize thing (i.e. we don't really watch much channel stuff and primary stream social media?)

Last time I checked (just before pandemic?), once I unbundled my internet from my other services, then got the pipe I needed for reliable streaming, multiple device VODs, and purchased the content, I was right back to the nearly the same price with a lot of hoop hopping.

Has the pricing improved? Or is this more of a downsize thing (i.e. we don't really watch much channel stuff and primary stream social media?)

Last time I checked (just before pandemic?), once I unbundled my internet from my other services, then got the pipe I needed for reliable streaming, multiple device VODs, and purchased the content, I was right back to the nearly the same price with a lot of hoop hopping.

My Cox bundle discount disappeared and I’m looking to save money. Already have 1gig internet separate. Will need new TV and alarm service.

Back