2010 Irvine New Home Collection

[quote author="ajw522"]
[quote author="Panda "]

Alex, don't sweat it! When inventory is less than 500 and mortgage rates are at 5%, it is not a good time to buy in Irvine. Just wait and you'll see the Irvine inventory numbers flood over a 1000 and mortgage rates rise. The deal will only get sweeter as you wait. You really don't this think it is going to be like this forever do you?[/quote]

No, I don't think so, or hope so - I just hope I find something soon.[/quote]

Alex,

One of the most valuable lesson I learned from Irvine Renter is that you want to buy when mortgage rates are high and prices are low. You can always refinance the mortgage, but you cannot change the price of the home. If you HAVE TO borrow 80 - 90% to buy that Montecito, I would not wait, but if you are planning to put down 50% or more, you wait until the mortgage rates shoot up to the stratosphere. I know this will happen in the future, I just can't predict exactly when.

[quote author="graceomalley"]Wow! 3 more minutes of driving places Tustin Ranch into the fringes away from the ideal centralized location. I see that could be a huge problem for Asian drivers.
[/quote]
Your putting the hyperbole before the cart again.

Ever go north on Jamboree after 5pm? Or even south on Jamboree before 8am.

If you can get from the 405 off Jamboree up to Tustin Ranch in 3 minutes after 5pm, then I will never buy a 3-car garage ever again.

MacArthur to Redhill north... packed.
Sidestreet up Harvard... you'll still need to hit Jamboree.
Use Culver... kiss those 3 minutes goodbye.
55 North... nice try.

Traffic has no ethnic filter.

Wow this thread suddenly exploded! Finally some action <!-- s:) -->:)<!-- s:) --> I just want to add a couple comments:

- I think the SFR designation applies to lots over 5K. Coronado is considered a detached condo according to the KB sales lady (who mentioned the 5K lot size definition).

- Scubasteve, I think plan 2 is by far the best plan due to its curb appeal. Even better is if you really got a spot across the park... then it won't feel as cramped plus you might even have a peek-a-boo view of the mountains!

- As for myself, I was 50/50 on buying in Coronado. I actually submitted my registration at 10:01:04 so I think I was in the top 10. But after visiting last weekend and seeing that they raised their prices a 3rd time before a single house got sold I became disenchanted. I've never been a fan of Woodbury so I would only buy if it was a great deal. Now it's just an okay deal, and with the "bright" future that all the bears here are predicting I decided to wait. Too bad I couldn't sell my spot to a FCB for a couple grand <!-- s;) -->;)<!-- s;) -->

I am with superwrat. I have a date stamp of 10:02:xx on 12/3/09 and got the call from KB on Sunday night. Price, actual viewing of the model home and eventually KB's reputation were the reasons I passed on selecting a Coronado home. The only reason I even considered Coronado was the lot across from the park which Steve got. So, Steve, congrats. Glad someone from TI got the house.

[quote author="new2irvine"]
[quote author="superwrat"]Wow this thread suddenly exploded! Finally some action <!-- s:) -->:)<!-- s:) --> I just want to add a couple comments:

- I think the SFR designation applies to lots over 5K. Coronado is considered a detached condo according to the KB sales lady (who mentioned the 5K lot size definition).

- Scubasteve, I think plan 2 is by far the best plan due to its curb appeal. Even better is if you really got a spot across the park... then it won't feel as cramped plus you might even have a peek-a-boo view of the mountains!

- As for myself, I was 50/50 on buying in Coronado. I actually submitted my registration at 10:01:04 so I think I was in the top 10. But after visiting last weekend and seeing that they raised their prices a 3rd time before a single house got sold I became disenchanted. I've never been a fan of Woodbury so I would only buy if it was a great deal. Now it's just an okay deal, and with the "bright" future that all the bears here are predicting I decided to wait. Too bad I couldn't sell my spot to a FCB for a couple grand <!-- s;) -->;)<!-- s;) -->

[/quote]

Can someone clarify the SFR designation because I was also under the assumption SFR had to be minimum 5000 sq lots. But then some of you told me that there are "SFRs" in Woodbury that fall well short of that minimum.[/quote]

There is no lot minimum. Many SFR's are less than 5000 sqft. Once again, there is NO MINIMUM.

[quote author="keanu"]I am with superwrat. I have a date stamp of 10:02:xx on 12/3/09 and got the call from KB on Sunday night. Price, actual viewing of the model home and eventually KB's reputation were the reasons I passed on selecting a Coronado home. The only reason I even considered Coronado was the lot across from the park which Steve got. So, Steve, congrats. Glad someone from TI got the house.[/quote]

That is something else I forgot to mention in my rant on the less than spectacular interest list. 30%-40% of the potential buyers will pass on buying when they can't get the plan and/or lot that they want. So take note on what is popular, because what isn't will be a tough sell and more available... at a lower price.

Looks like Steve scored on the highest desired lot and plan. That adds to the resale value in the future, IMO. Good pick Steve.

[quote author="new2irvine"]
[quote author="graceomalley"]Wow! 3 more minutes of driving places Tustin Ranch into the fringes away from the ideal centralized location. I see that could be a huge problem for Asian drivers.

Irvine afterall is about the brand. The school reason is really secondary. Many are after the brand and that is why so many insist on owning a home in Irvine regardless of price. Asians worship brands and this is the main reason for Irvine's demographic.

The psychology of brand association is primarily driven by acquiring status at a cost. What is important about the product is the label display must come first and value second.

The responding posts are very obvious that buyers are obsessed with brand and status. It is an addiction and no possible logic can sway their mind.[/quote]

so why are you trying? we get it - you hate irvine, think it's overpriced, no one worthy (builders/architects/planners) lives here, there's no privacy to host fabulous parties, schools aren't that great b/c IUSD doesn't produce Nobel laureates and the list goes on...[/quote]

I don't hate Irvine. I have properties here. I find it disturbing to read about your obsession and the unrelenting stubbornness to not even consider other options that you do not have to financially extend yourself.

You all have blown the schools totally out of proportion and let it totally dictate your life.

The part that puzzle me the most is that you are all intelligent people but yet stupid and gullible to allow developers to manipulate you like puppets in accepting home prices completely unrealistic to Irvine income statistic.

There are other cheaper RE locations with above average school like Troy, Sunnyhill, La Quinta, and Oxford. Unless you all work in Irvine and just want a 5 minute drive to work. However, that is not the case because traffic is a nightmare every morning heading northbound out of Irvine on both 5 and 405. You must be working else where.

Are Irvine schools really turning out geniuses and automatic advancement to Harvard that you must have it at all cost and spend beyond your mean?

Are other above average schools just that bad that kids are destine to fail, drug addiction and getting shot at that you are so completely paranoid that you must have Irvine schools?

Expand your horizon there are many good places that you may find that will enable you find that balance between price/lot size/ school/ and quality of life.

Unless you are into the Irvine brand, status and pretentiousness then there is really no cure.

[quote author="superwrat"]Wow this thread suddenly exploded! Finally some action <!-- s:) -->:)<!-- s:) --> I just want to add a couple comments:

[/quote]

Wow... i got in at 10:01:22. I think there were only two plan 2's that were across the park, which were the only ones that I was interested in. You could've saved me from buying! hehe

They jacked up the price of Plan 1 from 570 to 595 and plan 2 from 610 to 625 (and took away the included kitchen island (extra 3K to add it on...grrrr) . Not sure about plan 3 though....

[quote author="graceomalley"]Unless you all work in Irvine and just want a 5 minute drive to work. However, that is not the case because traffic is a nightmare every morning heading northbound out of Irvine on both 5 and 405. You must be working else where.
[/quote]
Oh c'mon. In the morning, southbound on the 405 from Culver or Jeffrey (or 5) is light. Northbound is a little slow but speeds up once you get to the 55.

In the evening... it backs up at Jamboree/Culver if you are coming from 405 north and is light from South County to Jeffrey.

This is coming form a household that does this commute daily. If you work in the Spectrum, you have little traffic issues, if you work in the Airport Center... same thing.

Blargle!

Hey you there Mr No Driving Pass 55 fwy,

Both 405 and 5 are both congested northbound leaving Irvine before and way after the 55. I worked in Santa monica for several years and I know that commute by heart. Other than some relief by seal Beach the traffic is a nightmare the entire stretch up to Torrance and unbearable by El Segundo and up to Westwood. The cars that left Irvine were commuting mostly to the South Bay each morning.

I commuted to the Burbank Warner location frequently and the stretch of 5 passing the OC county line completely come to a stop. Traffic is bad to the OC crush and the only best stretch is between Chapman and Lincoln. Back to back from Buena Park to East LA to Lincoln Heights to Glendale.

A lot of Irvine folks work in LA County.

Blargle

[quote author="new2irvine"] You dislike it and you communicate that very well in your posts. Especially the ones where you nitpick an aspect of Irvine like the one about how IUSD doesn't produce any famous scientists and therefore Irvine is not worth the price premium. I didn't know that parents should judge school districts based on famous scientists. Wouldn't some research into IUSD's graduates be more helpful? Wouldn't data points such as where they went to college, how much they make 10 years after graduating high school as compared to other school districts be more useful? So if a school in Compton produced a Nobel Prize winner, I should move there and enroll my kid in that school? I respect your commentary but find these one-off blanket statements a bit misleading.[/quote]

The goal of education is to contribute to a better humanity. Scientists, inventors and Nobel prize winners are just several who utilized their knowledge for a positive attribute. Your point of measuring success by a measurement of income not only tell me how shallow you are and also an embarrassment to your TalkIrvine peers. A single success from Compton who has made a positive contribution in society is worth more than thousands of 6 figure income earners who indulge in their selfish empire. I hope you are not a product of Irvine schools.

I still would not move to Compton!

Honestly, I think we are getting way off topic about this nobel prize thing. I am going to buy in Irvine because my wife and I have been working here for the last 7 years. We feel very safe and comfortable, and there's no denying that it's a solid place for our kids to grow up. If our kids achieve a nobel prize- great! But I'd still be happy if they just end up having a better life than I did.

[quote author="graceomalley"]Hey you there Mr No Driving Pass 55 fwy,

Both 405 and 5 are both congested northbound leaving Irvine before and way after the 55. I worked in Santa monica for several years and I know that commute by heart. Other than some relief by seal Beach the traffic is a nightmare the entire stretch up to Torrance and unbearable by El Segundo and up to Westwood. The cars that left Irvine were commuting mostly to the South Bay each morning.

I commuted to the Burbank Warner location frequently and the stretch of 5 passing the OC county line completely come to a stop. Traffic is bad to the OC crush and the only best stretch is between Chapman and Lincoln. Back to back from Buena Park to East LA to Lincoln Heights to Glendale.

A lot of Irvine folks work in LA County.

Blargle[/quote]
Hah.... the true Grace presents herself.

Go back and re-read the post. I commuted to Huntington Beach for 10 years from Irvine and once you got past the initial slowdown before the 55 (which was barely anything compared to LA traffic) it was fast. In the afternoon, same thing going back until you got to the 55.

Southbound out of Irvine is nothing (which you did not mention) and quite a few people who live in Irvine work south of it too.

And since you say so many people work in LA live in Irvine and the commute is so terrible... there must be some reason they live in Irvine... other than NOT being privileged enough to be a builder/architect/scholar/intellectual type.

(it's nice to see that others also notice your... or your other's skill at backhanded insults)

Regardless... again, the product may not be the best... but location matters.

BTW: If you don't mind renting and can wait, I would.

This 2010 Home Collection is not the end-all of brand new homes in Irvine, they still have a lot more areas to build out (Portola, Stonegate, LC, OH) and I really don't think prices have settled based on fundamentals.

And if you are buying, I really wouldn't put that much down if you can afford the monthly on a higher mortgage. I know that the IHB and others always recommend the traditional 20% but with RE being so unstable... I personally wouldn't risk that much cash. It's probably bad advice but I'm just sharing my thoughts.

Dear Ivy League graduate,

Which one did you attended so I want to make sure I don't send my step daughter there. Also which part of Irvine do you live in so I want to avoid that completely too. I can feel the pretentious vibe all over this thread.

The reason being that you could probably put your cash to better use and in this economy, cash on hand is safer.

The whole rental parity equation still requires an owner to put 20% down, but if you can afford the monthly without all that cash out, I would think that would give you the benefits of ownership but the flexibility of renting (in case you had to do move in the short term).

Again... it's personal preference and having lost much of my down payment on our last house when we sold it, I'm a bit jaded.

[quote author="graceomalley"]Dear Ivy League graduate,

Which one did you attended so I want to make sure I don't send my step daughter there. Also which part of Irvine do you live in so I want to avoid that completely too. I can feel the pretentious vibe all over this thread. [/quote]
Didn't feel that way until someone started indirectly insulting people for wanting to live in Irvine.

Irony is double-edge sword grace... tell the hubby not to throw stones if he doesn't want the stones to complain.

Ah, toughen up everybody. I don't get insulted when people suggest that my kid goes to inferior schools because we live in the Tustin Unified School District. I just laugh, because I know the truth. And so if I suggest that Woodbury sucks because it is a high density farm field surrounded by apartments and will not age well, especially considering the city is sure to stuff all the mandated low-income housing around that area (Great Park?) --- the Woodbury people should just laugh, too. Because they know its better than that. At least I hope they know if they are going to invest their life savings there.

It's just the internet, folks. And everybody has got an opinion. That's what's fun about it.

[quote author="irvinehomeowner"]
[quote author="graceomalley"]Dear Ivy League graduate,

Which one did you attended so I want to make sure I don't send my step daughter there. Also which part of Irvine do you live in so I want to avoid that completely too. I can feel the pretentious vibe all over this thread. [/quote]
Didn't feel that way until someone started indirectly insulting people for wanting to live in Irvine.

Irony is double-edge sword grace... tell the hubby not to throw stones if he doesn't want the stones to complain.[/quote]

Mr Thin Face,

This is the internet. Just accept the fact that stones are being thrown at you and back. Members come and go. The influential members who contributed to IHB's success mostly left other than the few are still here for business reasons.

Dear Moderator,

My assessment reviewing the traits of constituents this will not lead to breakthrough for this site and I apologize my open candidness to the moderators. The limited knowledge and information will eventually reverberate into silence. Unless the folks here actually can offer a refreshing analytical perspective of things the longevity would become questionable.

The members from I observed the pretentious vibes and the narrow mindedness are the biggest setback for this site to grow beyond the boundary of just an Irvine neighborhood chit chat site.

There are 2 TIC trolls here and one from Brookfield Homes. As a new site with new handles without the former senior members to run them out of town this site is not only contaminated with the newest tactic employed by the corporate empires at the same time they did not even spent a dime on the marketing. Yes they are posting after 5 pm to better disguise their tracks.

I just tested and confirmed my doubts that so many who have left prior for different reasons may all have been originated from a common source.

Adios

Back