2010 Irvine New Home Collection

[quote author=irvinehomeowner board=irvinere thread=189 post=3930 time=1263602899]But it won't be finished until June?

This was the one thing that intrigued me when buying new... how drawn out it was.

Like did anyone move into Ivy yet (sorry... I'm not over there so I wouldn't even know)?[/quote

I believe the first residents moved in in DEC.

[quote author="irvinehomeowner"]But it won't be finished until June?

This was the one thing that intrigued me when buying new... how drawn out it was.

Like did anyone move into Ivy yet (sorry... I'm not over there so I wouldn't even know)?[/quote]

My lease ends on May 30th. They estimated closing to be April 30th on the contract now, but did say it could go into May, depending on weather conditions, so I think I'm in good position.

What do you guys think of them building a bridge from the Great Parks to WBE (over the 133)? It was mentioned in some of the documents I signed that it might add extra traffic from bikers and runners. I personally think it would be cool, but just wanted your guys's opinions.

[quote author="Panda "]BK,

Can you please elaborate a little on what you mean by pretentious people who live in Irvine?

"I would not want my daughter to go Irvine schools because students there seem to be spoiled, self centered, and have sense of entitlement."

Are you referring that majority of the children who are raised up in Irvine are rotten spoiled? Isn't this true in the surrounding areas of OC as well?[/quote]

My experience in Irvine was living among the most pretentious neighbors and my career had encircled many of similar type of people.

I won't go into details but here is a sample from this thread:

A Toyota drives just as well as an MBZ... but it's nice to have that MBZ right

The "Irvine" part is the MBZ... "Santa Ana" is Toyota.
Do you own an LV bag or a Coach one?

Do you live in Irvine or Tustin?

Both are nice... but one has a little more "je ne sais quoi" to it.

It's like if LV made a Coach bag... you know the quality is there... but it still says Coach... so people buy LV instead.

owning in Irvine suddenly has become some type of status symbol like owning a LV bag or a MBZ.

when it comes to the "City" brand or "Zip code" brand, I think I'm pretty obsessed.

Also - no I am not a product of Irvine schools but I am a product of an Ivy League university so now, please judge away!

[quote author="irvinehomeowner"]So a 3-4 month finish.

Hopefully that El Nino I've been hearing about won't be as bad as they say.[/quote]

Yea me too... that's exactly what the builders were telling me about that could cause the delay....fingers crossed here...

wha... BK is back!! YES...!

NO.. don't leave...

I promise, BK.. that if you show up to the Get Together,, I won't let any dogs pee on you!

I can't do much else about the privacy thing, seeing as every apt that surrounds the tables in the court yard are pretty much automatically invited... wella.. more TI Marketing tactics... I guess!

Steve.. congrats..! Don't worry, I'll still get you in the Lagoon during the summers... just PM me...

A bridge to the Great Park would be nice... look for a lot of WB peeps to use it... they should extend the Venta Spur Trail..

Funny how BK uses my examples out of context.

Just because people perceive Irvine as a better value does not exactly mean they are pretentious or into status symbols... like CK values his wallet... maybe they just think it translates into a quality product.

Sure... maybe the house isn't of the highest quality... but arguably, the location is. There's no pretense about that... as a poster said... perception is reality.

It's why MBZ costs more than Toyota, LV costs more than Coach... etc etc etc.

I thought you were the one who taught us that... so I find your posts sort of silly... but that's cool... at least you're back here. Feels like old times.

[quote author="graceomalley"]

Can you please elaborate a little on what you mean by pretentious people who live in Irvine?

"I would not want my daughter to go Irvine schools because students there seem to be spoiled, self centered, and have sense of entitlement."

Are you referring that majority of the children who are raised up in Irvine are rotten spoiled? Isn't this true in the surrounding areas of OC as well?[/quote]

My experience in Irvine was living among the most pretentious neighbors and my career had encircled many of similar type of people.

It's like if LV made a Coach bag... you know the quality is there... but it still says Coach... so people buy LV instead.

owning in Irvine suddenly has become some type of status symbol like owning a LV bag or a MBZ.

when it comes to the "City" brand or "Zip code" brand, I think I'm pretty obsessed.

Also - no I am not a product of Irvine schools but I am a product of an Ivy League university so now, please judge away!
[/quote]

C'mon BK,
You don't really take these comments seriously do you? I'm sure IHO was just trying to put in some humor with the MBZ/Toyota and LV/Coach analogies. I thought it was pretty funny. Seriously, do you really think IHO looks at people who don't live in Irvine as some second class citizens or lower class beings? We just like Irvine, because the city seem to define who we are and fits our lifestyle values, not to be pretentious.

I know that you mentioned before how you lived in Irvine for 19 years and how it was difficult to get to know your neighbors or make any meaningful friends. One of my friends who lives in Woodbury shared a similar story. I'm not here on Irvine Talk to make any new business contacts or my own personal selfish gain. I'm here because I really have a heart for this community and this city. How amazing would it be if the neigborhood community experience is enriched through Irvine Talk. I really do think we can all make a major impact to the Irvine community and make it even a better place than it already is. Even til this day, I am absolutely amazed at what Zovall started.

[quote author="graceomalley"]

[/quote]

Yawn...why do you bother fighting the tide?

I certainly appreciate your insight and agree we are being besieged by TIC/builder posters. But why bother fighting them.

Everyone should just take a hefty grain of salt with all these posts.

[quote author="irvinehomeowner"]Hehe... Panda gets it.

BK doesn't even realize I took those brand names from many of his posts on IHB. The irony is so awesome.[/quote]

I didn't hang out that often at the old IHB forums but are you guys saying that BK is Grace? I'm so confused...lol.

[quote author="irvinehomeowner"]Hehe... Panda gets it.

BK doesn't even realize I took those brand names from many of his posts on IHB. The irony is so awesome.[/quote]

The Master visited for several days and sent TI rating through the roof. He absolutely hates pretentious crowds. He would pass on all commissions from wealthy clients wanting ostentatious homes including several top executives from Broadcom and Mr Trump's Rancho PV project.

We moved to Santa Ana from Irvine just to get away from the fake everything environment so that he could find peace to pursue his creativity.

He knows Irvine more than all realtors combined. Suk kee the 1st Asian American Mayor in Irvine was no accident.

Went to the Montecito soft opening this morning for breakfast... got to meet some of the buyers...

There was a waiting list of like 3 FCB families in front of me for pancakes, I opted for platter #2, which was chocolate chip pancakes one slice of bacon and one sausage instead of just bacon or sausage and fruit. I next got coffee and skipped the default sugar and upgraded to the flavored creamers...

overall, got to meet a few great families, I mean the WHOLE Chinese family, from 1st gen, 2nd to the grand kids... the FCB $$ cash flow is indeed mighty... must be nice... I could see it already see it, grand pa is reserving his guest bedrooms downstairs for his bi-yearly visits from Asia...

[quote author="irvinehomeowner"]So are all the models open today? I want to go check some out.

Maybe I'll run into BK and he's going to punch me in the knee.[/quote]

There were models? huh? homes?? j/k... yeah, they were open, went in to just a couple... it looked completely furnished and done... let the fantasy begin...!

[quote author="roundcorners"]Went to the Montecito soft opening this morning for breakfast... got to meet some of the buyers...

There was a waiting list of like 3 FCB families in front of me for pancakes, I opted for platter #2, which was chocolate chip pancakes one slice of bacon and one sausage instead of just bacon or sausage and fruit. I next got coffee and skipped the default sugar and upgraded to the flavored creamers...

overall, got to meet a few great families, I mean the WHOLE Chinese family, from 1st gen, 2nd to the grand kids... the FCB $$ cash flow is indeed mighty... must be nice... I could see it already see it, grand pa is reserving his guest bedrooms downstairs for his bi-yearly visits from Asia...[/quote]

Does Montecito require you to be prequalified in order to see the models today?

What other 2010 models are doing a soft opening today?

[quote author="IACRenter"]
[quote author="roundcorners"]Went to the Montecito soft opening this morning for breakfast... got to meet some of the buyers...

overall, got to meet a few great families, I mean the WHOLE Chinese family, from 1st gen, 2nd to the grand kids... the FCB $$ cash flow is indeed mighty... must be nice... I could see it already see it, grand pa is reserving his guest bedrooms downstairs for his bi-yearly visits from Asia...[/quote]

Does Montecito require you to be prequalified in order to see the models today?

What other 2010 models are doing a soft opening today?[/quote]

I pretty much looked like a homeless bum... I have sweat pants, and a sweater; I have a gray beanie and I just woke up... and I have a 11 month old in tow... I'm surprise IPD hasn't pulled us over yet from our daily walks in the morning... We walked up in our wagon, walked right in and had breakfast and looked at the homes.. the buyers all had name tags but so what... funny thing I blended right in... most of the other FCB 1st gen had on the customary jump suits... the more "Fobby" you look usually the more $$ you have...!

Carmel, isn't open yet, La Casella put up ballons in the middle of the night, but doesn't appear to be open yet, maybe later today, and I don't know about Sonoma...

I drove through Montecito last night on my way home from work. I know I have been critical of that design on here previously, but wow --- see the finished product in person was really shocking. That alley (er, motorcourt) is REALLY narrow. Really narrow. Can you imagine what that is going to look like when the houses are built on the other side? It will feel like a tunnel. Imagine how loud car noises will echo in there. Hopefully they don't allow anything but FCB's in, I'd hate to see what would happen if some white guy with a motorcycle is ever allowed in. And geez, backing out of your driveway is going to be no small feat, either. And what someone said about the "backyard" (using that term loosely) --- they are right, that California room is almost against the back wall. Picture that with a rear neighbor as well. You'll need to whisper outside. I didn't go into the models, there was no point after seeing the exterior. I'm sure they are nice inside, just like the many many townhouses you can find in Irvine, except at a lower price. But it better be nice inside, its going to be like a prison in there.

I've been pretty critical of Montecito on here (much more than other similar properties like Coronado). It's because of the obscene price point for Montecito. I'm all for a less than "traditional" layout to achieve a lower price point to allow lower budget buyers to own something of their own....But gawd, these are priced comparable to REAL houses. Crazy. I'll give it TIC, if they can sell out this crap at $800k they are magicians. Gives a guy like me a lot of confidence in buying resale in Irvine, no worries about an older SFR holding its value. That's why a value village like West Irvine is still at $325-$350 sq ft, and places like Westpark or Oak Creek still flirt with $400/sq ft.

Sorry if you love this place, I'm just being honest. No hard feelings.

One of my buyers and his wife (second gen chinese) signed the contract for the Monecito Plan 1 this morning. They were # 14 on the list and were hoping for the Plan 2 but they were already taken so they opted for the Plan 1. Congrats to them...no more dealing with multiple counter offers. haha

Wow, posting up with my mom's I-phone was really easy. <!-- s:D -->:D<!-- s:D -->

Back