2010 Irvine New Home Collection

[quote author="roundcorners"]Anybody else interested, or on the waiting list for Santa Cruz? I was taken back at how much I actually like it. We only saw plans 1 & 2, but those things sure feel homey. Again, who would want a Stonetree or Cachette resale when you can get Coronado & Santa Cruz... I feel that these WB resales will be feel the most downward price pressure...

Plan 2 if perfect, except for a main floor bedroom. However, the master-bed retreat is just splendid. So I imagine plan 3 would have everything.[/quote]

My friend just purchased plan 2 at the end of the cul de sac. The entrance for her particular house is facing the street. She had to pay a premium for this particular lot, bringing her plan 2 price up to 698K. This is the friend that registered about 6 weeks after the priority list opened up.

[quote author="martymcfry"]Just put a deposit down for Coronado plan 3 today but won't sign the contract till Wed.

Reason for putting a deposit: wanted brand new home, rooms were decent sizes, close to work, and we're sick of renting (did it for more than 10 yrs).

My reservations about the place is that it's right next to Sand Canyon and the homes feel so close to each other. Anyone else worry about the resale value a couple years down the road?? It is in the higher end of our budget and I just blame the Mello-Roos for that.

Still debating if I should cancel my other offer on this older, but cheaper, bigger and upgraded Lake Forest home.

Thoughts?

Thanks![/quote]

I seriously will not consider buying Coronado just to sell in a couple of years! Are you kidding about that time frame?

[quote author="roundcorners"]
[quote author="martymcfry"]Just put a deposit down for Coronado plan 3 today but won't sign the contract till Wed.

Reason for putting a deposit: wanted brand new home, rooms were decent sizes, close to work, and we're sick of renting (did it for more than 10 yrs).

My reservations about the place is that it's right next to Sand Canyon and the homes feel so close to each other. Anyone else worry about the resale value a couple years down the road?? It is in the higher end of our budget and I just blame the Mello-Roos for that.

Still debating if I should cancel my other offer on this older, but cheaper, bigger and upgraded Lake Forest home.

Thoughts?

Thanks![/quote]

I seriously will not consider buying Coronado just to sell in a couple of years! Are you kidding about that time frame?[/quote]

Maybe sell in like 5-10 yrs.. but right now all I really want is a nice home to live in. I'm just hoping that prices won't go down like $100K+ in 5 yrs.

Other than the exterior and motorcourt, I really liked the way they did Santa Cruz too.

The master showers were well-executed... better than Sonoma. If they had made that downstairs den a bedroom and that powder with a shower... it would sell better.

But, they did supposedly sell out Phase 1 (all those Sold red buttons were on every plan on the sitemap).

Was registered on santa cruz first. What i didn't like about them was that the 2nd bath
seemed like they were built as an afterthought. But i guess i saw them before models were fully ready and were under construction. For almost 700's I would definitely like to see
a third full bath ( atleast a shower option like coronado plan 2).

[quote author="irvinehomeowner"]Other than the exterior and motorcourt, I really liked the way they did Santa Cruz too.

The master showers were well-executed... better than Sonoma. If they had made that downstairs den a bedroom and that powder with a shower... it would sell better.

But, they did supposedly sell out Phase 1 (all those Sold red buttons were on every plan on the sitemap).[/quote]

[quote author="irvinehomeowner"]Okay... so even the people who bought do think that the prices are high.

What do you think these should have been sold at?[/quote]

We bought Montecito Plan 1 2150SQFT. It would be a good price if it's mid to high 6. I agree with CK for this price we should demand more for the money. I know I am contradicting myself because we bought anyway. There are just other personal reasons that we choose to purchase now rather then later.

[quote author="irvinehomeowner"]Montecito - 600k
Sonoma - 700k
Carmel - 800k

Look about right?[/quote]

Sold! <!-- s;) -->;)<!-- s;) -->

Sonoma - 700k
Carmel - 800k

I wish! <!-- s:eek: -->:eek:<!-- s:eek: -->

Sonoma - 700k
Carmel - 800k

Yes. Everything in the whole collection rolled back $100k. Heck, I'd buy a Montecito for $600k. It's a nice house, no doubt. At the right price the sheer size and functionality of the home would defeat the motorcourt drawback.

Other than all these way out of budget SFR homes does any one have any opinions Good or bad about Monterey in woodbury east.

I'm planning on buying Plan 3. One obvious issue i see is available open parking spots. There are some plan 3's that
are besides Trabuco with bigger yard area beyond the standard courtyard. With that it is almost bigger than plan 3 or coronado. At about 80 K less.

The HOA is higher because it is attached. But I'm made to believe that higher HOA pays for some structural insurance. So you only need to get insurance for personal belongings.

[quote author="ck"]
Sonoma - 700k
Carmel - 800k

Yes. Everything in the whole collection rolled back $100k. Heck, I'd buy a Montecito for $600k. It's a nice house, no doubt. At the right price the sheer size and functionality of the home would defeat the motorcourt drawback. [/quote]

I think someone asked about whether the lot size of Montecito's include the motor court...and the answer is yes, at least as to the ones at the end of the cul-de-sacs. I believe those end units (the ones at the end of the cul-de-sacs) have a reciprocal access easements.

Any opinions to my question below from anyone. Or <600K too little for people on this site/irvinites to have comments on or care about !!!!.

[quote author="waitin4ever"]Other than all these way out of budget SFR homes does any one have any opinions Good or bad about Monterey in woodbury east.

I'm planning on buying Plan 3. One obvious issue i see is available open parking spots. There are some plan 3's that
are besides Trabuco with bigger yard area beyond the standard courtyard. With that it is almost bigger than plan 3 or coronado. At about 80 K less.

The HOA is higher because it is attached. But I'm made to believe that higher HOA pays for some structural insurance. So you only need to get insurance for personal belongings.

[quote author="ck"]

Yes. Everything in the whole collection rolled back $100k. Heck, I'd buy a Montecito for $600k. It's a nice house, no doubt. At the right price the sheer size and functionality of the home would defeat the motorcourt drawback. [/quote][/quote]

[quote author="waitin4ever"]Any opinions to my question below from anyone. Or <600K too little for people on this site/irvinites to have comments on or care about !!!!.

[quote author="waitin4ever"]Other than all these way out of budget SFR homes does any one have any opinions Good or bad about Monterey in woodbury east.

[/quote][/quote]

LOL! Sorry, I have no idea - I have never visited Monterey, so I can't help you....ANYONE ELSE??? ;D

First time posting here, although I read the discussions regularly....

I am not familiar with all the new homes in Woodbury, but had entered my name in the interest list for Carmel and Villa Rosa. Got the following email from Villa Rosa today. I am a bit surprised that with that 1000+ people interest list, they still have an house available? Or was Villa Rosa not a part of the new homes release. Just curious, not really interested in buying since we are leasing a house for now.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Photograph of Plan 3 Model

Good Afternoon!

Thank you for your continued interest in Lennar Homes at Villa Rosa in the Village of Woodbury!

After recent sales success, we currently have One Home Available for immediate move in! Homesite 67, a beautiful Residence Three floorplan, priced at $1,103,000, offers approximately 3,161 square feet, with four bedrooms, four and a half baths and a Bonus Room. Additionally, this homesite location features 6,405 square feet!

For a limited time, we are offering interest rates as low as 4.5% for a 30 Year Fixed loan up to $729,750, subject to qualification through Lennar's preferred lender.

We invite you to take a personal tour of our beautiful homes and future locations. Are you available to visit this weekend?

We are now located at the La Casella Welcome Home Center. When you enter Woodbury, follow the signs to Lennar's La Casella community and James and MJ, our onsite experts, will be happy to show you our available Villa Rosa homes.

Lennar includes signature incredible features in each home built at Villa Rosa. Please click on the highlighted link for details on the features.

We would love to discuss our opportunities and neighborhood with you further. You can reach us directly at (949) 349-8131 with any questions or to discuss opportunities further.

We look forward to working with you!

Regards,

Jodi Duke
California Coastal Sales

Villa Rosa was not part of the interest list.

But I'm sure they'll be contacting you for Carmel shortly.

EDIT: I should correct myself. I meant Villa Rosa was not part of the "Grand Opening". I believe you can pick them as one of your two choices for the pre-reg list but I don't think you had to since they were already open... you could just go direct.

Obviously it hasn't drawn much interest. Especially since at
475K if your bedrooms are on top of your neighbours garage hat would be a problem.

Having said that I think the homes (cluster of 3) are well designed to give you a detached home feel. As in all the new collection homes the prices could have been 50-100 K lower and better thought could have been given to more parking.

[quote author="ck"]Did anyone else get an email from Villages of Irvine gushing over the charms of Plan 1 at Monterey:

http://www2.villagesofirvine.com/mk/get/XNHCWE08?_EC=ZXWovOOzvpaZuslOkGLUwU

With 10,000 buyers, not sure why they needed to take the time to send that email? [/quote]

Back