2010 Irvine New Home Collection

[quote author="fe9000"]
[quote author="ps99472"]

how thin are the walls? i live near the 5 freeway and culver.. don't hear any noise except the occasional siren or obnoxious motorcycle going by... [/quote]

Here is something that's interesting and makes no sense to Montecito's Phase one pricing. The closer the lot is to Jeffrey, the more expensive it is. [/quote]

That is exactly what I was confused about! Even the two lots (63,64) that were not on a motorcourt were cheaper than the lots closer to Jeffery. I went by the lots, and boy, the street noise was LOUD! I asked the sales agent why the prices were high, but she said she didn't know - she said it could be because the street at the bottom (Fan Palm) will have no houses on it so it will be for pure parking, but I don't think that justifies a price increase considering you leave so close to Jeffery.

To all that have an issue with the parking:

1431axd.jpg

When you look, there are many areas for Montecito to park that will not interfere with Carmel. All the areas between the two motorcourts (there actually is a lot of room), and all the areas above the Carmel homes (There aren't going to be any Carmel Lots facing Vintage). I don't think there will be much of a problem, and as fe9000 said, hopefully many will use their garage - I know I will be.

Alex, a word of caution. Be prepared!!! I know I bought there too but I am only hoping there is no problem. If there is, I wouldn't be surprised. If there is no problem, it would be an added bonus. Coming from a similar type of layout with detached condo alley load. Parking was an big issue for us. Granted there was no drive way and only one small street with pre-determined parking stalls (not sure if I am using the right words here) for the residents. I am really just hoping there won't be any issues.

[quote author="fe9000"]Alex, a word of caution. Be prepared!!! I know I bought there too but I am only hoping there is no problem. If there is, I wouldn't be surprised. If there is no problem, it would be an added bonus. Coming from a similar type of layout with detached condo alley load. Parking was an big issue for us. Granted there was no drive way and only one small street with pre-determined parking stalls (not sure if I am using the right words here) for the residents. I am really just hoping there won't be any issues.[/quote]

Same. But on the bright side, if there is any problems, it will only affect Carmel residents. ;D

I assume the lots closer to Jeffrey are higher because they are only 4-packs.

Alex: Based on the site map, there is not enough parking. Just remember that each one of those homes may represent 1 or more extra cars, on Marblehead, do you think it will be enough for 6 cars per motorcourt? As much as you like to hope everyone uses their garage, if these are multi-generational driver homes (Plan 1 Montecito seems to be layed out for an older couple with older children), if a house has 3 cars, it's highely doubtful that it will park on the driveway because of the musical chairs that would have to be accomplished so they will look to park on the street. In addition, there may be rentals (gasp) where there would be maybe even 4 cars per household.

Would you like to bet a quarter on a future parking issue once the 2 neighborhoods are fully built out?

[quote author="irvinehomeowner"]I assume the lots closer to Jeffrey are higher because they are only 4-packs.

Alex: Based on the site map, there is not enough parking. Just remember that each one of those homes may represent 1 or more extra cars, on Marblehead, do you think it will be enough for 6 cars per motorcourt? As much as you like to hope everyone uses their garage, if these are multi-generational driver homes (Plan 1 Montecito seems to be layed out for an older couple with older children), if a house has 3 cars, it's highely doubtful that it will park on the driveway because of the musical chairs that would have to be accomplished so they will look to park on the street. In addition, there may be rentals (gasp) where there would be maybe even 4 cars per household.

Would you like to bet a quarter on a future parking issue once the 2 neighborhoods are fully built out?[/quote]

All the lots on the right of my site map was a 4 pack. The lots closer to Jeffery were no different.

I just don't understand, like you said before, why they just couldn't make it a traditional SFR layout, instead of on a motorcourt. I am just hoping the problem won't be too bad.

But remember, look at the driveway. A full car can fit on that. Then, take that size of a car and put it on the road. I think there is a lot of room - then add all of the room above the Carmel lots close to Vintage, and all the room on Fan Palm - I think there will be enough.

And like I said, if it happens, these problems will only make the Carmel residents mad. <!-- s:) -->:)<!-- s:) -->

[quote author="ajw522"]
And like I said, these problems will only make the Carmel residents mad. ::)[/quote]
Exactly. So wouldn't a prospective buyer at Carmel be worried about paying almost $1mil with these looming issues?

Should have just made those Carmels 3-car garage houses... then there wouldn't be that many parking issues AND they would be more acceptable at their price points.

[quote author="irvinehomeowner"]
[quote author="ajw522"]
And like I said, these problems will only make the Carmel residents mad. ::)[/quote]
Exactly. So wouldn't a prospective buyer at Carmel be worried about paying almost $1mil with these looming issues?

Should have just made those Carmels 3-car garage houses... then there wouldn't be that many parking issues AND they would be more acceptable at their price points.[/quote]

Would I be worried? Slightly. But if I found the house of my dreams that I loved and could afford, then I probably would still purchase, regardless of the parking issue. If the issue was I was backing to Jeffery or Sand Canyon, I would probably not purchase, though.

[quote author="irvinehomeowner"]
And don't get me wrong, I like the Montecito product... I just don't like how much it costs and how it's situated in relation to Carmel. I do think they should have done more about the external entry area on Plan 1/2 to match more with Plan 3. The fact you don't really have frontage to your house, they should have put a little more style and added a porch/landing area to the front door so it doesn't feel so abrupt from the street.
[/quote]

Wow,

You are talking about aesthetic and beauty. I am impressed. Even IHO is making sense here. A place that you call home is not just the limit of what is inside your walls. The outside and the approach have a lot to do with it as well.

So far Irvine is all about delivering climax lacking foreplay. Learn from the French where they got their architecture and romance right on. I forgot the consumer demographic is mostly Chinese never mind.

Hehe... BK caught me. But I have said I appreciate aesthetics.

Although I favor function... if there is a way to combine both without minimizing too much of either, then it should be done.

How hard is it to make the front door area look nicer? It's all foam, stucco and fake stones nowadays anyways.

[quote author="irvinehomeowner"]Hehe... BK caught me. But I have said I appreciate aesthetics.

Although I favor function... if there is a way to combine both without minimizing too much of either, then it should be done.

How hard is it to make the front door area look nicer? It's all foam, stucco and fake stones nowadays anyways.[/quote]

Agreed. I wish the plan 1 and 2 had a little porch area.

I walked the lots of Montecito and Carmel right next to Jeffrey. Phase 2 of Carmel is selling which are closest to Jeffrey. The street noise coming from Jeffrey was very loud and noisy. I think I could get used to it on the bottom floor.

For fun, we walked upstairs of one of the Montecitos closest to Jeffrey. The noise from there was even worse.

I kept trying to tell myself I would get used to it. That it wasn't that bad. But after 30-45 minutes of listening to it, I couldn't do it.

We walked back to the models of Carmel and the noise was gone from the backyard. It makes a big difference if you are in the interior of Carmel vs right next to Jeffrey.

[quote author="irvinehomeowner"]Hehe... BK caught me. But I have said I appreciate aesthetics.

How hard is it to make the front door area look nicer? It's all foam, stucco and fake stones nowadays anyways.[/quote]

That is exactly the point for something so easy to do and yet the developer did not even provide them. An entry is more than what is glued around the entry door but the drama, experience and excitement as you are walking up to the front door like the red carpet entrance to the Oscar are completely lacking.

All homes in Irvine have the most abrupt entry sequence. There is Zero nada experience in the approach.

Let me put this in layman perspective and especially for the women: The man (TIC) wine and dine you with sexy ads, websites, pocket parks and recreation center then now you are feeling all romantic. While you are waiting for the next sequence of events such as flowers, Godiva chocolates, champagne, foot massage........ foreplay and so on, you got nothing and he on already on top of you demanding his fruit of investment.

I just described your home.

I went through the La Casella and Carmel models today. I'm not in the market, it was just for fun. I thought it was interesting how one of the La Casella models had two master bedrooms (one upstairs, one downstairs). I talked to the sales agent a little bit about why this was, and he told me it was for roommates. But it seems to me that they are targeting buyers who want their in-laws to live with them, or some other multi-family situation.

What struck me about Carmel is how practically all the living space is downstairs. One of the Carmel models, I think it was #2, had this humungous downstairs and a tiny upstairs with just 2 bedrooms. The California room seemed a little silly to me. Isn't it just a patio? And if you convert it to a "conservatory," isn't that just what they used to call a sunroom? Also, for almost a million dollars, I'd like a real backyard, please.

There were lots and lots of people looking at the models today. Mostly Asian. I commented to my husband that the La Casella models seemed to be targeting Asians, and the Carmels seemed to be targeting white people.

CK,, we knew you couldn't resist all the WB hoopla... what a sweetie!

BTW... just a quick side-bar regarding parking... at the Montecito pancake breakfast for the buyers, almost all the families came in at least two cars, one large Chinese family came in three...

[quote author="graceomalley"]

That is exactly the point for something so easy to do and yet the developer did not even provide them. An entry is more than what is glued around the entry door but the drama, experience and excitement as you are walking up to the front door like the red carpet entrance to the Oscar are completely lacking.

All homes in Irvine have the most abrupt entry sequence. There is Zero nada experience in the approach.

Let me put this in layman perspective and especially for the women: The man (TIC) wine and dine you with sexy ads, websites, pocket parks and recreation center then now you are feeling all romantic. While you are waiting for the next sequence of events such as flowers, Godiva chocolates, champagne, foot massage........ foreplay and so on, you got nothing and he on already on top of you demanding his fruit of investment.

I just described your home.

[/quote]

First it was drug addiction references, now this... you truly make us feel used... thanks bk!

[quote author="bones"]
I also like the Paloma homes vs the similar products in WE, even if they are attached.
[/quote]

We went straight from the shuttle bus parking lot to Paloma this afternoon. Hadn't been to Paloma in probably 6-9 months. I couldn't agree more, Bones --- seeing Paloma immediately after Coronado and Santa Cruz made me appreciate Paloma even more. Told by the Paloma staff they have only 2 phases left, and those will be heavily weighted to Plan's 3 and 4. Only one more Plan 1Y (with upstairs teen suite) to be built. I love that floorplan.

Anybody else interested, or on the waiting list for Santa Cruz? I was taken back at how much I actually like it. We only saw plans 1 & 2, but those things sure feel homey. Again, who would want a Stonetree or Cachette resale when you can get Coronado & Santa Cruz... I feel that these WB resales will be feel the most downward price pressure...

Plan 2 if perfect, except for a main floor bedroom. However, the master-bed retreat is just splendid. So I imagine plan 3 would have everything.

Just put a deposit down for Coronado plan 3 today but won't sign the contract till Wed.

Reason for putting a deposit: wanted brand new home, rooms were decent sizes, close to work, and we're sick of renting (did it for more than 10 yrs).

My reservations about the place is that it's right next to Sand Canyon and the homes feel so close to each other. Anyone else worry about the resale value a couple years down the road?? It is in the higher end of our budget and I just blame the Mello-Roos for that.

Still debating if I should cancel my other offer on this older, but cheaper, bigger and upgraded Lake Forest home.

Thoughts?

Thanks!

Back