2,000 sf at $600k

bones said:
Roger said:
If this is not available to general public, I am just wondering what really is the point for this post? :eek:

So people can beg for more info. So he can educate aka talk down to the peons and noobs of TI. So he can gloat when the award winning project is a success.  Basically an ego feed.
Agreed, this makes more sense now.

zubs said:
Roger said:
If this is not available to general public, I am just wondering what really is the point for this post? :eek:

The first post answers your question.

This will be the first of its kind where I will post progress of my design drawings so you can see the interactive process and future construction photos.

It's educational on tract housing....like Modern Marvels....but in forum format.
'So you can see the interactive process and future construction photos...'  for what?  something not to be sold to anyone?  And what reactions from us will be educational on  what?

To my knowledge, UCI Faculty get subsidized housing. I believe you pay half the market value of the home, which is quite the deal. But the catch is that when you sell your home, you must sell it back to the university for again half market value. Also, you are only allowed to keep your home while you are an active faculty member.

But man, quite the tough crowd here. I for one am looking forward to see how this post progresses. No one is forced to read this thread...

Irvinean said:
To my knowledge, UCI Faculty get subsidized housing. I believe you pay half the market value of the home, which is quite the deal. But the catch is that when you sell your home, you must sell it back to the university for again half market value. Also, you are only allowed to keep your home while you are an active faculty member.

But man, quite the tough crowd here. I for one am looking forward to see how this post progresses. No one is forced to read this thread...

This is a thoughtful post that is worthy of a reply. University housing appreciation is kept up with market appreciation. For example if Ellwood's purchase price was $900,000 and the market appreciation yield $500,000 5 years from the purchase date. This home could be sold for $1.4 m. The same unit was sold to a faculty for $450,000 and 5 years later this similar home would have appreciated the same amount $500,000. However when the faculty decides to sell He or she could only sell the home for $950,000 back to the University without having to pay the 6% commission and the home would be immediately sold.

IHS in your scenario does the faculty member keep the $500k profit?  Does this hold true even if they are leaving the University?

http://www.talkirvine.com/index.php?topic=2406.0http://www.irvinehousingblog.com/2012/02/22/the-neighborhood-of-university-hills/
http://www.icha.uci.edu/http://www.icha.uci.edu/For-Sale-Housing/AbstractofSubleaseResaleRestrictions.pdf

"All homes in University Hills are located on lots owned by The Regents and leased through the Irvine Campus Housing Authority ("ICHA") to individual homeowners. In effect, the lots are leased from The Regents to ICHA and then are subleased to you."
http://www.talkirvine.com/index.php?topic=4950.0

Irvinean said:
If the initial post included the fact it wasn't meant for the general public then the reception would be different

But even still, curious to see how the design turns out, and possibly could make it into future GP tracts?

IHS if you can double the sq. footage and double the $ then I'm all ears.

4,000 sq ft in Irvine for $1.2M would draw a lot of interest.

aquabliss said:

Add $100k, forget about Irvine and make yourself at home in Baker Ranch :)
#seeyaronnie

aquabliss said:

Since land is what costs $, if he can do 2000sq ft for 600K, then 4000sq ft for 1.2M should be easier to do...  However without more details, this thread is quickly becoming really lame...

aquabliss said:

He ain't doublin nothing.

If it wasn't for the sn myob, saying it is not open to the public. We would all still be speculating like crazy.

bones said:
aquabliss said:

Add $100k, forget about Irvine and make yourself at home in Baker Ranch :)
#seeyaronnie

I actually like the Summit Plan 2 on paper but wise man once say "Never buy most expensive house in the city, for you shall not reap what you sow"

Back