Thank you YellowFever for putting this together.  It is very informative and useful.

What about affordable housing?

Screen_Shot_2017_03_12_at_12_42_22_AM.png

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-03-12 at 12.42.22 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-03-12 at 12.42.22 AM.png
    418.3 KB · Views: 175
Passenger0 said:
eyephone said:
Passenger0 said:
YellowFever said:
Gawd, I should be adding ADHD to the list for people who live in CVE like Prototype.

wow, starting to distinguish people base on neighborhood...  this post is so funny and i should think twice now to buy in Eastwood

Passenger0 - Do you find the chart useful?

I would say like this, the column name and the following discussion are useful, however, the chart/order/total score is somehow misleading(sorry to say this but I have to be honest). I appreciate that people provide information about where is current/potential construction like freeway/cemetery/coyote/power substation. Then I think this is enough since people need to do their homework to find out whether that's a real risk unless we have our scientific measurement/data/paper. For example, for the power substation, has anyone use a gauss meter make a measurement in those communities like EW/CVE? If we just rate a score based on personal perception and put it in the chart, some people would just trust it and won't do their own homework. That's not helping them. At last, did anyone see that adding up the score in each column and use the add up number far away from accurate? each score weighs equivalent risk to health?

Let's start off the chart is for entertainment purpses. 

You indicated you like the topics and the discussion. I think that's the purpose of this thread to get people talking about the potential issues and risks. (I guess some people may think there is no risk at all. For example they might think the research done about exposure to TCE is fake)

I think if you read the first page, you will have a better understanding of this thread.

In regards to the accuracy and precision level of the numbers on the chart I have to say give me a break. (He has a full time job and is doing this for fun)

What about areas where people who get hit by cars crossing the street and dangerous intersections where selfish people feel they have the right to run red lights because they think their time is more valuable than others?

Loco_local said:
What about areas where people who get hit by cars crossing the street and dangerous intersections where selfish people feel they have the right to run red lights because they think their time is more valuable than others?

If you're referring to the Chinese kids getting run over and killed, then I guess CV, LA, and HC should all get 3's.

Loco_local said:

pass

"The  first step in cleaning up TCE was removing soil vapor
from the source area beneath JPL. This was followed by construction of three NASA-funded treatment plants that
have been successfully removing groundwater chemicals from the source area at JPL, and also from what is referred to as the mid-plume in Pasadena, and from the farthest reaches of the area affected by the chemicals, in Altadena."
https://www.nasa.gov/sites/default/files/files/TCE_Remediation.pdf

No one ;)
1.5 miles for PS1.

YellowFever said:
OCLuvr said:
  ;D ;D
3 miles is a long radius. Would cover EW, SG, WB,GP

Yes but those living in 0-1 mile have THE MOST exposure, the most dosage, followed by 1-2 miles, followed by 2-3 miles, then 3-4 miles and on and on.

Who do you think lives at 0-1 mile?  ;D ;D ;D ;D

The guy who smokes 1 pack a day is at A LOT higher risk of lung cancer than the guy who smokes 3 sticks a day.  Agree?

Moral of the story: Get as far as you can from the landfill, hold your breath and don't look back! 

Back