YellowFever said:
Prototype said:
This is exactly my point with inaccurate information being spread.  Petaluma at Eastwood has many homes that back main streets. Petaluma backs Irvine Blvd, as does Avalon. Avalon also corners Jeffrey where Helena takes over and backs Jeffrey.  Delano (in development) backs Jeffrey. 

Easily verifiable on the EW map:
https://www.villagesofirvine.com/villages-neighborhoods/eastwood-village/village-map/

Potential residents should be sure to do their own due diligence before taking the data on this thread as accurate is all I'm saying.  I respect what you're doing but it's very misguided because there are so many variables and so many things not taken into account.

EDIT: LOOK AT THE MAP AGAIN!  DOES IT NOT BACK JEFFREY? ARE YOU BLIND? 

264496w.jpg

I have yet to call you any names or be disrespectful to you in any thread and expect the same level respect.  Numerous times you've reverted to name calling and cursing at me. I'm kindly asking for you to show some respect.

Is this map not the Petaluma extension? Does the original Petaluma not back Irvine Blvd, yes or no? I stopped by yesterday so I know the answer...

All of this is brought up because Eastwood Village AS A WHOLE is surrounded by Irvine Blvd (across from "The Groves), Jeffrey, old condominiums and a reasonable distance from a landfill on the other side.  These are all factors for "environmental hazards".

With that methodology, shouldn't the homes that back Irvine Blvd be seeing stagnant sales? Petaluma, Avalon and Helena seem to be doing quite well backing Irvine Blvd and Jeffrey...

Jizz- I like how you wiped out the names from Nextdoor. Lol

That's why talkirvine is the best!!!

YellowFever said:
jcm949 said:
Why are coyotes even on the list?  Probably more likely to get killed by lightning than by a coyote.  Seems like raccoons, bats, and skunks are by far a bigger threat with rabies.
https://www.cdc.gov/rabies/location/usa/surveillance/wild_animals.html
"Wild animals accounted for 92.6 percent of reported cases of rabies in 2014. Raccoons continued to be the most frequently reported rabid wildlife species (accounting for 30.2 percent of all animal cases during 2014), followed by bats (29.1 percent), skunks (26.3 percent), and foxes (4.1 percent)."
http://www.humanesociety.org/animals/coyotes/tips/coyotes_people.html?credit=web_id88988707
"Coyote attacks on people are very rare. More people are killed by errant golf balls and flying champagne corks each year than are bitten by coyotes.
There have only been two recorded incidences in the United States and Canada of humans being killed by coyotes. One involved a child in Southern California in the 1980s and the other a 19-year old woman in Nova Scotia in 2009. These events, rare as they are, are serious and warrant serious response."

Coyotes may not be a concern for you, and that's fine. 

But certainly, people on Nextdoor have been spending 5 minutes of their day posting about Coyotes day in and day out.  So clearly, people don't like it and evidently just because you have a high tolerance for coyotes doesn't mean that 5 foot 10 blonde bombshell living in Portola Springs or Great Park has the same tolerance as you....

These are all the recent Coyotes complaints in Irvine that I dug up, and there are plenty more! I have redacted their names to protect their privacy/identify.

w1pws0.jpg

Is it a pro that they're new homes or a con that they're built on former orchard land?

I walk into the Lowes in the Tustin Marketplace and seems like they have an entire side of one aisle dedicated to Roundup products last year.

I know when I hit estate/garage sales in the old neighborhoods in Silverado, Lake Forest, Irvine & Tustin, it's not uncommon to see the partially used bottles of the nasty old pre-70s stuff. 

I'd guess most of that stuff, like the stuff I inherited with my place when we bought it, ended up at the OC hazardous waste disposal site in Irvine.

(wow my typing sucks tonight)

The point of the discussion is that there are partial facts being presented and people should really take the time to do their own research.  Lots of this is subjective yet there's actual data out there; some of which I've provided.  I've commended you for your hard work while you keep name calling.

You said that there's 3 Petaluma homes that aren't selling because they back Jeffrey.  Eastwood Village has how many homes that sold very well, between Petaluma, Avalon and Helena (Marin is close) that all back main streets?  The entire village is surrounded by streets that could possibly pose a higher threat than say Woodbury East that really just has the 133.

Then, you say this is informational about the environment, not the effect on real estate and use this as an example for how it's affecting real estate.  At the same time, neighborhoods that border high traffic streets aren't even taken into account.

Maybe people aren't buying those 3 because the parking sucks for guests, maybe because of the higher risk of home theft with thieves having an easy escape route of the main street.  There's no way for us to know because there are far too many variables.

Prototype said:
The point of the discussion is that there are partial facts being presented and people should really take the time to do their own research.  Lots of this is subjective yet there's actual data out there; some of which I've provided.  I've commended you for your hard work while you keep name calling.

You said that there's 3 Petaluma homes that aren't selling because they back Jeffrey.  Eastwood Village has how many homes that sold very well, between Petaluma, Avalon and Helena (Marin is close) that all back main streets?  The entire village is surrounded by streets that could possibly pose a higher threat than say Woodbury East that really just has the 133.

Then, you say this is informational about the environment, not the effect on real estate and use this as an example for how it's affecting real estate.  At the same time, neighborhoods that border high traffic streets aren't even taken into account.

Maybe people aren't buying those 3 because the parking sucks for guests, maybe because of the higher risk of home theft with thieves having an easy escape route of the main street.  There's no way for us to know because there are far too many variables.

I almost bought a Petaluma backing jeffrey but changed my mind because of above said reasons + Noise affecting Resale. Got good advise from realtors on TI.

YellowFever said:
Gawd, I should be adding ADHD to the list for people who live in CVE like Prototype.

wow, starting to distinguish people base on neighborhood...  this post is so funny and i should think twice now to buy in Eastwood

Passenger0 said:
YellowFever said:
Gawd, I should be adding ADHD to the list for people who live in CVE like Prototype.

wow, starting to distinguish people base on neighborhood...  this post is so funny and i should think twice now to buy in Eastwood

Passenger0 - Do you find the chart useful?

eyephone said:
Passenger0 said:
YellowFever said:

Passenger0 - Do you find the chart useful?

I would say like this, the column name and the following discussion are useful, however, the chart/order/total score is somehow misleading(sorry to say this but I have to be honest). I appreciate that people provide information about where is current/potential construction like freeway/cemetery/coyote/power substation. Then I think this is enough since people need to do their homework to find out whether that's a real risk unless we have our scientific measurement/data/paper. For example, for the power substation, has anyone use a gauss meter make a measurement in those communities like EW/CVE? If we just rate a score based on personal perception and put it in the chart, some people would just trust it and won't do their own homework. That's not helping them. At last, did anyone see that adding up the score in each column and use the add up number far away from accurate? each score weighs equivalent risk to health?

Back