Author Topic: Cypress Village Homes  (Read 208839 times)

Offline Homer_Simpson

• CERTIFIED FCB
  • Certified Irvine Addict
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 729
  • -Received: 738
Re: Cypress Village Homes
« Reply #15 on: March 20, 2013, 09:01:10 AM »
#FARM

Offline shadax

• Yearning for 949 / 714
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 10
  • -Received: 39
« Reply #16 on: March 20, 2013, 09:26:28 AM »
I actually don't think you're giving up much theoretical "usable backyard space" in Mulberry since the lots are almost twice as wide as Mendocino.  There also appears to be about two spaces worth of parking along each lot.  Mendocino will not have anything even near that.  To be honest I think these are better than Mendocino.  I'll take a dogwash shower in the back and make it a small gym with shower. 

Offline irvinehomeowner

• The Unicorn Hunter
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 2647
  • -Received: 3994
  • 3CWG
« Reply #17 on: March 20, 2013, 09:26:39 AM »
See anything good IHO?
Well... these are definitely the California Garage homes (Magnolia and Mulberry), the smaller tract, Marigold, is similar to the largest detached motor court condos in Stonegate and LagAlt but some tweaked designs.

Seems like IP is listening to the customers... most of the homes have a walk-in pantry (very popular feature), upstairs laundry (I think only one in Marigold has a downstairs one) and they brought back the California Room.

The California Garage is a great feature if you ask me, since there is no room for 3CWGs or a full tandem space in Irvine anymore, this fits the bill. Additionally, they offer multiple configurations for it... a dedicated storage (Costco!), a gym, a tween or play room, an office... and my personal favorite... a dogwash complete with a shower.

I think for the middle tract, Magnolia, it will be interesting to see how they are set up with that 4-home cluster. It's probably going to be similar to Montecito with a 4-home motorcourt. I also think they should have added a loft space to Magnolia to make up for the lost space downstairs.

The Mulberry homes are weird... wide and shallow. Have to see what they look like inside but from the floor plans, it might be a bit strange on the first floor. There is loft space in the bigger Mulberry homes which is good... and different options to turn those lofts into bedrooms.

For the area (close to the freeway and dense), the prices seem a bit high, but it looks like they would rather be too high than low.

My favorite plans are Plan 2 or 3 in Mulberry but at $900k+... not what I would want to pay.

Some of these plans are an improvement over what we've seen the last 3 years from TIC... but at the cost of much less land and home footprint.
Once you go 3-car garage... your junk can never go back.
3CWG: 3-Car Wide Garage
FCB: Foreign Cash Buyer
I recommend:
www.irvinerealtorsite.com
member: Soylent Green Is People (loans/refis)

Offline shadax

• Yearning for 949 / 714
  • Thanks
« Reply #18 on: March 20, 2013, 09:37:31 AM »
It looks like the CA garage protrudes 8' from the back of the home per their measuring tape widget.  If they got their setback of 5' as I'm sure they did, that would be 13' from the rest of the rear of the house to the back fence.  But since the lots are wide it will be 13' x 45' for a Plan 1...Not including the CA room.  That's comparable to Mendocino since their lots are only 45' wide for a Plan 1.  Yeah honestly given the better parking situation I can't really see any negatives compared to Mendocino. 

Plan 1 with 4th bedroom option, Super California Room, dogwash at CA garage...not too shabby.  The only thing I hate that I've seen so far is the MBR shares a partial wall with a secondary bedroom.

Offline irvinehomeowner

• The Unicorn Hunter
  • Thanks
  • 3CWG
« Reply #19 on: March 20, 2013, 11:10:36 AM »
I don't know who designs the street layout, but I would think they would choose a layout that creates a higher number of "premium" lots and also provides some family type streets.

Current on the left, IHO-style on the right:

Same space, same number of homes but in this configuration, you get 4 cul-de-sacs and 8 more lots that are "corner" lots. Wouldn't that be better?

And if you're worried about the Feng Shui T homes, you can add another cross street in the middle that would add 4 more corner lots (but I think you lose 2 homes).
I recommend:

Online qwerty

• Thanks
  • -Given: 2730
  • -Received: 1823
« Reply #20 on: March 20, 2013, 11:24:12 AM »
the mulberry plan 3 is probably my favorite since it gives you the loft option since you will already have 4 other bedrooms.  pretty neat options for the extra garage space.

Offline shadax

• Yearning for 949 / 714
  • Thanks
« Reply #21 on: March 20, 2013, 11:26:00 AM »
Well with this setup no homes actually back Trabuco...I was looking at the completed Stonegate East and they did this a lot..since most of that village backs Sand Canyon.

Seems like a way to push the arterial street buffer zone thinner while still yielding the same amount of homes.

Offline irvinehomeowner

• The Unicorn Hunter
  • Thanks
  • 3CWG
« Reply #22 on: March 20, 2013, 11:49:44 AM »
Well with this setup no homes actually back Trabuco...I was looking at the completed Stonegate East and they did this a lot..since most of that village backs Sand Canyon.

Seems like a way to push the arterial street buffer zone thinner while still yielding the same amount of homes.
In my setup, only 4 more homes side Trabuco (in theirs, there are 4 homes siding Trabuco in the corner streets). Some people don't mind siding a road if it gives them a cul-de-sac instead of a drive-by (like it currently is).
I recommend:

Offline shadax

• Yearning for 949 / 714
  • Thanks
« Reply #23 on: March 20, 2013, 11:54:03 AM »
Maybe they want to make the streets a foot or two more narrow and turning around in a cul de sac would be noticeably difficult :)  I swear with these home designs and the dinky setback from the non-garage part of the house to the street...looking down the street is going to look like one long 30' wall on each side of the street :P

Offline irvine123searching

• Tourist
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 11
  • -Received: 7
« Reply #24 on: March 20, 2013, 11:56:33 AM »
Those single family homes have 10' ceiling on the first floor which is nice.

Offline JasonTheArtist

• Yearning for 949 / 714
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 18
  • -Received: 34
« Reply #25 on: March 20, 2013, 12:01:56 PM »
What do you think IP will build here? It's so close to the freeway, I can't imagine these selling well.
“Beware of artists. They mix with all classes of society and are therefore most dangerous."

Offline irvinehomeowner

• The Unicorn Hunter
  • Thanks
  • 3CWG
« Reply #26 on: March 20, 2013, 12:10:50 PM »
The ones closest to the freeway will either be condos or apartments. It's a formula they have been using since Quail Hill... use the "riffraff" as a buffer.

I can say that because I am riffraff.
I recommend:

Offline irvinehomeowner

• The Unicorn Hunter
  • Thanks
  • 3CWG
« Reply #27 on: March 20, 2013, 01:00:05 PM »
Irvine Pacific's site is interesting, it's called The 2013 Irvine Pacific Collection:

http://www.irvinepacific.com/IP2013Collection/Default.aspx

And Marigold and Magnolia are on what is being called the "California Court"...  "shared by only four residences, reinvents the motor court experience with the inclusion of unique architectural styles, lush landscaping and decorative pavers within the courtway." For Magnolia... "The innovative California Court offers a truly unique four-home configuration coupled with the addition of extra-long driveways to enhance the arrival experience."

Wow... marketing the motorcourt as a feature... amazing.
I recommend:

Offline shadax

• Yearning for 949 / 714
  • Thanks
« Reply #28 on: March 20, 2013, 01:18:06 PM »
Irvine Pacific's site is interesting, it's called The 2013 Irvine Pacific Collection:

And Marigold and Magnolia are on what is being called the "California Court"...  "shared by only four residences, reinvents the motor court experience with the inclusion of unique architectural styles, lush landscaping and decorative pavers within the courtway." For Magnolia... "The innovative California Court offers a truly unique four-home configuration coupled with the addition of extra-long driveways to enhance the arrival experience."

I think it will be interesting because Magnolia and Mulberry are similar in sqft and basic features and are priced similarly/sqft.  I guess if the "extra long driveways" were 25 feet long it would be a difference? I don't know if anything would make me want a motorcourt.  But I did a rough estimate and they're not getting that much, if any, additional units/acre for the motorcourt ones.  Someone correct me if I'm wrong- I measured it in Paint, haha.

Offline iacrenter

• Thanks
  • -Given: 446
  • -Received: 676
« Reply #29 on: March 20, 2013, 01:21:13 PM »

Same innovative IP floor plans but on a 4 home motor court. Wow, real out of the box thinking on TIC's part [/sarcasm].

Talk Irvine Links

[Recent Posts]
[FAQ / Rules]

Site Supporters

Recent Posts

Re: Where the market is - Buyer Offers by akula1488
[Today at 12:36:18 PM]

Re: INFLATION IS OUR FRIEND by nosuchreality
[Today at 11:40:20 AM]

Re: Where the market is - Buyer Offers by Ready2Downsize
[Today at 10:47:10 AM]

Re: INFLATION IS OUR FRIEND by Ready2Downsize