Author Topic: Cypress Village Homes  (Read 204987 times)

Offline iacrenter

• Certified Irvine Addict
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 446
  • -Received: 676
Re: Cypress Village Homes
« Reply #30 on: March 20, 2013, 01:27:54 PM »
The ones closest to the freeway will either be condos or apartments. It's a formula they have been using since Quail Hill... use the "riffraff" as a buffer.

I can say that because I am riffraff.

I was surprised TIC placed the rental apartments on such valuable property adjacent to the community park (sites 2 & 3). Anything along the 5 will have terrible noise and pollution issues. Those locations would have been better for rental apartments.

Offline irvinehomeowner

• The Unicorn Hunter
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 2644
  • -Received: 3988
  • 3CWG
« Reply #31 on: March 20, 2013, 01:32:01 PM »
I think it will be interesting because Magnolia and Mulberry are similar in sqft and basic features and are priced similarly/sqft.  I guess if the "extra long driveways" were 25 feet long it would be a difference? I don't know if anything would make me want a motorcourt.  But I did a rough estimate and they're not getting that much, if any, additional units/acre for the motorcourt ones.  Someone correct me if I'm wrong- I measured it in Paint, haha.
I don't think they gain additional units, which is why pricing is similar... but they can get more footprint out of the homes in the 4-court cluster.

I think they are trying to sell Magnolia based on bigger interior square footage, whereas Mulberry is a more "traditional" SFR setup.

But I'm like you... why get the reduced privacy of a motorcourt set up... I didn't like it at Montecito (and they had driveways too) so I doubt I'll like it for Magnolia.
Once you go 3-car garage... your junk can never go back.
3CWG: 3-Car Wide Garage
FCB: Foreign Cash Buyer
I recommend:
www.irvinerealtorsite.com
member: Soylent Green Is People (loans/refis)

Offline shadax

• Yearning for 949 / 714
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 10
  • -Received: 39
« Reply #32 on: March 20, 2013, 01:50:28 PM »
I think it will be interesting because Magnolia and Mulberry are similar in sqft and basic features and are priced similarly/sqft.  I guess if the "extra long driveways" were 25 feet long it would be a difference? I don't know if anything would make me want a motorcourt.  But I did a rough estimate and they're not getting that much, if any, additional units/acre for the motorcourt ones.  Someone correct me if I'm wrong- I measured it in Paint, haha.
I don't think they gain additional units, which is why pricing is similar... but they can get more footprint out of the homes in the 4-court cluster.

I think they are trying to sell Magnolia based on bigger interior square footage, whereas Mulberry is a more "traditional" SFR setup.

But I'm like you... why get the reduced privacy of a motorcourt set up... I didn't like it at Montecito (and they had driveways too) so I doubt I'll like it for Magnolia.

Yeah, looking at it I suppose in the 4-home cluster, half of them are Plan 3.  It's still very close though considering Mulberry Plan 1 can add on square footage (4th bedroom option) to make it larger than Magnolia Plan 1, and Mulberry Plan 2 is larger than Magnolia Plan 2.

I still see no reason, price/sqft being virtually equal, to choose the motorcourt. 

Offline shadax

• Yearning for 949 / 714
  • Thanks
« Reply #33 on: March 20, 2013, 02:03:25 PM »
If you look at Irvinepacific.com it has a big marketing piece about the California Court.  I mean it's better than not having a driveway, but why would someone choose it over the SFR?

Offline gld2

• Yearning for 949 / 714
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 118
  • -Received: 15
« Reply #34 on: March 20, 2013, 02:40:41 PM »
Garden Hills at PS has the same set up, a 4-house court.    It is terrible.  It is very interesting to find out who purchased this type house with over $1mm

Offline Irvinecommuter

• Thanks
  • -Given: 614
  • -Received: 571
« Reply #35 on: March 20, 2013, 02:52:21 PM »
Page is up.

http://www.villagesofirvine.com/Villages-and-Neighborhoods/Cypress-Village

Seriously...Mulberry and Magnolia are starting at the mid-800s? Stonegate is a bargain compared to those prices.

Offline qwerty

• Thanks
  • -Given: 2729
  • -Received: 1820
« Reply #36 on: March 20, 2013, 03:01:12 PM »
Stonegate is a bargain compared to those prices.

which part of stonegate?

id rather live in cypress village (closer to the trabuco side) than stonegate. closer freeway access.

Offline Irvinecommuter

• Thanks
« Reply #37 on: March 20, 2013, 03:23:27 PM »

which part of stonegate?

id rather live in cypress village (closer to the trabuco side) than stonegate. closer freeway access.

I wouldn't...why would I want to get closer to the freeway (noise/pollution) and traffic?  Stonegate is much more set back and quieter.

Offline broda

• Yearning for 949 / 714
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 15
  • -Received: 78
« Reply #38 on: March 20, 2013, 03:30:54 PM »

which part of stonegate?

I wouldn't...why would I want to get closer to the freeway (noise/pollution) and traffic?  Stonegate is much more set back and quieter.

because other people think it's too close to the landfill which I have yet to smell.  Or I guess they think there is enough waste and chemical stuff you'll get cancer or other health problems. 

Offline qwerty

• Thanks
  • -Given: 2729
  • -Received: 1820
« Reply #39 on: March 20, 2013, 03:39:47 PM »

which part of stonegate?

can you hear the traffic from trabuco? i would agree stonegate is quieter but if this part of Cypress Village is far enough from the 5 that i cant hear it, i would take that over stonegate.

Offline iacrenter

• Thanks
  • -Given: 446
  • -Received: 676
« Reply #40 on: March 20, 2013, 03:40:43 PM »

which part of stonegate?

because other people think it's too close to the landfill which I have yet to smell.  Or I guess they think there is enough waste and chemical stuff you'll get cancer or other health problems. 

Woodbury > Stonegate > Cypress Village

At least the Cypress homes offer better value and design than Branches. Still hopeful about The Great Park homes later this year.

Offline irvinehomeowner

• The Unicorn Hunter
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 2644
  • -Received: 3988
  • 3CWG
« Reply #41 on: March 20, 2013, 03:41:40 PM »
I think with the buffer from the park and whatever they are building south of it, freeway noise won't be an issue for the Triple M Hoods.

I also prefer being closer to the freeway... just not right next to it (oh the irony).
Once you go 3-car garage... your junk can never go back.
3CWG: 3-Car Wide Garage
FCB: Foreign Cash Buyer
I recommend:
www.irvinerealtorsite.com
member: Soylent Green Is People (loans/refis)

Offline shadax

• Yearning for 949 / 714
  • Thanks
« Reply #42 on: March 20, 2013, 03:49:53 PM »
I've read the Great Park homes are going to offer something "different".  To be perfectly honest I'd rather just have a 5,000 sqft lot, not many amenities past greenbelts and passive parks, and low or no mello/low hoa.

Offline Irvinecommuter

• Thanks
« Reply #43 on: March 20, 2013, 03:50:34 PM »

which part of stonegate?

It's pretty far from the landfill and it's much better than the freeway.

Being next to the middle school is also interesting. 

Offline The California Court Company

• What's this?
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 377
  • -Received: 325
« Reply #44 on: March 20, 2013, 08:38:12 PM »
Minus
Stonegate -> Landfill, lack of amenities and the floor plans are rinse and repeat as there is only 1 home builder
Woodbury -> low income housing, schools with significant Hispanic population and poor API scores
Cypress Village -> even more low income housing, more apartments and adjacent to a busy free way.

Plus
Stonegate -> furtheres away from freeway, access to Irvine's top schools
Woodbury -> amenities second to Woodbridge, variety in home types, Woodbury Town Center
Cypress Village -> freeway access, California Court, California Garage and Super California Room

"Should any Person come into contact with such fruit, soil or groundwater, such Person is advised to wash thoroughly with soap and water and seek immediate medical attention"-Augusta Disclosure, Tustin Legacy

"You'll probably be able to buy a 4BR detached home in Quail Hill for $150,000."-IndieDev

Talk Irvine Links

[Recent Posts]
[FAQ / Rules]

Site Supporters

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2021, SimplePortal