Author Topic: Which credit card do you use the most?  (Read 185398 times)

Offline ps9

• Certified Irvine Addict
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 464
  • -Received: 1193
Re: Which credit card do you use the most?
« Reply #330 on: December 12, 2018, 09:26:50 AM »
For those that have the Target REDcard... do you guys have to reset your security questions every time you try to log in?  I resetted my questions like 5 times already.  Not sure if its Target's fault or my browser.. tried clearing all history and cookies.. but still have trouble with the site.  I'm on Chrome

Offline HMart

• Yearning for 949 / 714
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 153
  • -Received: 42
« Reply #331 on: December 12, 2018, 12:53:55 PM »
Yeah, that's been a well-publicized loophole.  It just wouldn't make sense in my case to move that kind of money over to Chase in exchange for the fees and lower returns it might entail.  It's also possible to get 100,000 UR's by getting a mortgage through Chase, but again the cost of those points is more than made up for in higher origination fees / rates.

What you said makes perfect sense, but it's also possible to use CPC to get a lower rate. Last year we got 3.375 for a 30 year fixed in exchange for bringing money to the bank. We didn't get 100k URs but who cares if the rate is significantly lower.

Offline qwerty

• Certified Irvine Addict
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 2429
  • -Received: 1546
« Reply #332 on: December 12, 2018, 01:19:46 PM »
For those that have the Target REDcard... do you guys have to reset your security questions every time you try to log in?  I resetted my questions like 5 times already.  Not sure if its Target's fault or my browser.. tried clearing all history and cookies.. but still have trouble with the site.  I'm on Chrome

I use chrome and safari and have no issues with having to reset the password.

Offline HMart

• Yearning for 949 / 714
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 153
  • -Received: 42
« Reply #333 on: December 12, 2018, 03:42:13 PM »
My keeper cards are:

Business:
AMEX BBP, 2% MR is equivalent to about 3% Cashback Equivalent (CBE). Max out $50k easily
AMEX Biz Plat: 1.5% MR when paying vendors at over 5k, so about 2.25% CBE. Important to liquidate MR at a guaranteed rate
AMEX Biz Gold Rewards: 3% MR on ads, since we spend north of 40k/yr here it works out nicely
Chase Ink Unlimited: 1.5% UR, so about 2.25% CBE.

Personal:
Bank of America Travel Rewards/Premium Rewards. 2.625% real cashback

Talk Irvine Links

[Recent Posts]
[FAQ / Rules]

Site Supporters

Related Links

Recent Posts