Author Topic: New communities in Portola Springs  (Read 57530 times)

PSbuyer, Sysko and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

Online CalBears96

• Certified Irvine Addict
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 39
  • -Received: 144
Re: New communities in Portola Springs
« Reply #495 on: August 06, 2022, 12:19:37 AM »
We went over to our new home today because we had washer/dryer delivery. Also moved in some smaller things. We found out from the neighbor next to us that the buyer across from us is planning to rent out his Bluffs 2 for $6,000. And when we went out for lunch, we saw "Open House" sign at the neighbor diagonal from us.

When we got back from lunch, we talked to the realtor. She told us that the buyer just bought in OH, so they're selling their Bluffs 1. So they bought it for $1.438M, which came with about $6k pre-selected upgrades. Then, they only upgraded flooring in kitchen, great room, and hallway to what looks like LVP. They didn't even have the decency of upgrading flooring in bedroom 4 (downstairs), also. It was really ugly seeing LVP meet carpet.

Anyway, according to the realtor, listing price is $1.8M. That seems VERY ridiculous to me considering the Bluffs 1 (same lot size) that IP just released went for $1.747M. I mean, I would understand if the buyer did it 3-4 months ago before the interest rate jumped and buyer interest hasn't waned, but $1.8M for a condo right now?  ;D

I have 3 words for that realtor....NOT GONNA HAPPEN!  Having nice tasteful upgraded along with good staging go a long way in all kinds of markets, including one of that's cooling off. 

Is it this listing?

https://www.redfin.com/CA/Irvine/124-Poppyseed-92618/home/179805481

That staging is HORRIBLE, either do it right or don't do it at all.  And I love the written description, I would be fuming if I were the seller for this kind of effort on my realtor's part.  But yeah, this one will sit for a while until the price comes down.

Price has been reduced by $29K since the last price reduction

This house is going to sell below $1.7M. Agent was stupid to agree to go with initial $1.89M listing.

First of all, this is Bluffs 1. Second, it's the smallest lot. Third, there's barely any upgrades, only kitchen and great room flooring. Nothing else.

IP was selling a bigger lot for $1.755M.

Offline marmott

• Yearning for 949 / 714
  • Thanks
  • -Received: 95
« Reply #496 on: August 06, 2022, 09:01:36 PM »
Cielo Phase 1 B&C

Residence   Homesite   Address                 Price
1                 2               137 Sunnyslope      $2,498,000
2                 3               135 Sunnyslope      $2,650,000
2                 33             138 Sunnyslope      $2,510,000
2                 35             142 Sunnyslope      $2,520,000
3                 34             140 Sunny slope     $2,616,000  SOLD

Looks like 35 didn't sell from phase 1A.

As a remind, this was phase 1A:

Residence   Homesite   Address                 Price
2                 35             142 Sunnyslope      $2,520,000
3                 1               139 Sunnyslope      $2,766,000  SOLD
3                 36             144 Sunny slope     $2,631,000  SOLD

Edit: I may create a separate Cielo thread keep track of the phases better.

The following member(s) thanked this post:

Online CalBears96

• Thanks
« Reply #497 on: August 06, 2022, 09:31:17 PM »
Looks like people really like Plan 3, but no go for Plans 1 and 2.

I'm surprised homesites 2 and 3 had no interest, but then again, their view is Highland Park. Still, you get privacy.

Offline marmott

• Yearning for 949 / 714
  • Thanks
  • -Received: 95
« Reply #498 on: August 06, 2022, 10:06:01 PM »
2 & 3 may already reserved, we were asked if we were interested in lot 33 and 34 only.

We also learned that city view lot premium at Cielo will be in the neighborhood of $1mil. There is some ways to go but I guess some people already got prequalified for high $3mil.

Online CalBears96

• Thanks
« Reply #499 on: August 06, 2022, 10:24:16 PM »
2 & 3 may already reserved, we were asked if we were interested in lot 33 and 34 only.

We also learned that city view lot premium at Cielo will be in the neighborhood of $1mil. There is some ways to go but I guess some people already got prequalified for high $3mil.

I see. Lots 2 and 3 going fast seems more expected.

I see that Cielo is taking the playbook from Ravello, which had the city view lot premium at $1.5M to $2M. Those are probably the last ones built.

Offline mellorooster

• Thanks
  • -Given: 0
  • -Received: 0
« Reply #500 on: Today at 12:04:03 AM »
Anyone know what’s the mello roos like at azul and cielo?

Offline zovall

• O.C. Resident
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 771
  • -Received: 233
« Reply #501 on: Today at 10:25:49 AM »
Anyone know what’s the mello roos like at azul and cielo?

Azul's flyer says:
Base Property Tax: 1.05% of sales price
AD Tax: $2,350 per year | CFD Tax: $1,700 per year | Other Taxes: $195 per year
Overall Effective Tax Rate: Approximately 1.2%

Online PSbuyer

• Tourist
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 16
  • -Received: 3
« Reply #502 on: Today at 11:02:02 AM »
 :o There’s still Forza and Marea which have even higher elevation views, what’s the premium going to be for those?

I see that Cielo is taking the playbook from Ravello, which had the city view lot premium at $1.5M to $2M. Those are probably the last ones built.

Offline chasingpowder

• Tourist
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 1
  • -Received: 0
« Reply #503 on: Today at 11:16:30 AM »
The city view premium is more than I expected... 1.5m to 2m? That's like buying another one of the houses in the same neighborhood.

Online CalBears96

• Thanks
« Reply #504 on: Today at 11:46:02 AM »
:o There’s still Forza and Marea which have even higher elevation views, what’s the premium going to be for those?

IIRC Forza will be the ones with views. Marea will probably be on the interior. The ones with city view will probably have a $2M lot premium.

Talk Irvine Links

[Recent Posts]
[FAQ / Rules]

Site Supporters

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2022, SimplePortal