Author Topic: Serrano Summit | Lake Forest  (Read 10762 times)

Online sleepy5136

• Yearning for 949 / 714
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 4
  • -Received: 34
Re: Serrano Summit | Lake Forest
« Reply #30 on: February 19, 2021, 01:25:39 PM »
Hi all, first time homebuyer.  Am considering this community (Amara Residence 2 to be specific) but wanted to see if anyone had any feedback on build quality of Lennar homes, been getting a lot of mixed reviews online.

Also considered getting a Shea Homes, does anyone have any knowledge between the build quality of the two difference builders?  Thanks!

The best way to get this is by going to the neighbors that are already moved in and ask all the questions you have. I did this for my community in Arieta and got a lot of helpful tips. It might be a little uncomfortable for the people that aren't okay with talking to strangers, but you would be surprised how happy and willing people are to tell you things. I can tell you that none of the communities in Serrano Summit has been delayed. So the closing time is quite accurate.

Offline Cares

• Real Estate Broker & Mortgage Loan Originator
  • Certified Irvine Addict
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 12
  • -Received: 231
« Reply #31 on: February 19, 2021, 03:08:01 PM »
I think build quality will vary from community to community even with the same builder. You have different a job foreman and staff building each community. It isn't a black and white answer as to which builder is better. I haven't really heard of major issues or complaints of either builder.

Generally I've heard people like Lennar for customer service. Lennar has the "everything included" gimmick. I personally like Shea home layouts more in general.

Offline irviniteeee

• Yearning for 949 / 714
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 42
  • -Received: 61
« Reply #32 on: February 19, 2021, 03:45:01 PM »
I haven't heard too many horrible things about either builder, but I always felt like Shea's communities seemed better built. I'm sure someone who has owned a Shea and/or Lennar will chime in though.

Offline USCTrojanCPA

• Your CPA Realtor
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 2611
  • -Received: 2104
« Reply #33 on: February 25, 2021, 08:27:43 AM »
All the local builders basically use the same subs and it comes down to the quality control folks from the builders to ensure that their subs are doing things properly.  From my experience, all the builders have issues so that's why it's important for new home buyers to get a home inspection.
Martin Mania, CPA
AgencyOne
CA BRE License # 01799007
CA CPA License # 107675
mmania001@yahoo.com
714-747-3884 cell

Often imitated....Never duplicated!
Have license, will travel!

Online sleepy5136

• Yearning for 949 / 714
  • Thanks
« Reply #34 on: March 04, 2021, 11:24:00 PM »
Talked to the builder agent today and she mentioned Serrano summit is going to sell the homes differently. They now plan to give people on the waitlist a chance to submit an offer on a given lot when it becomes available. This basically means bidding wars can happen. So being on top of the waitlist doesn’t really help much anymore since someone can outbid you and you end up losing to someone after you in the list.

Offline Mety

• Thanks
  • -Given: 217
  • -Received: 275
« Reply #35 on: March 05, 2021, 08:38:46 AM »
Does that mean they so HOT right now?

Offline zubs

• Thanks
  • -Given: 83
  • -Received: 497
« Reply #36 on: March 05, 2021, 09:45:12 AM »
I thought one of the main draws for new homes is no need for bidding wars....guess that is going out the door.

Online qwerty

• Thanks
  • -Given: 2739
  • -Received: 1837
« Reply #37 on: March 05, 2021, 09:48:28 AM »
Talked to the builder agent today and she mentioned Serrano summit is going to sell the homes differently. They now plan to give people on the waitlist a chance to submit an offer on a given lot when it becomes available. This basically means bidding wars can happen. So being on top of the waitlist doesn’t really help much anymore since someone can outbid you and you end up losing to someone after you in the list.

Not getting into a bidding war was one of the big pluses for new construction. Now having to “over pay” plus all of the added costs that come with a new construction seems like it would push more people to resale - but I guess that market is pretty hot too.

Online sleepy5136

• Yearning for 949 / 714
  • Thanks
« Reply #38 on: March 05, 2021, 10:26:56 AM »

Not getting into a bidding war was one of the big pluses for new construction. Now having to “over pay” plus all of the added costs that come with a new construction seems like it would push more people to resale - but I guess that market is pretty hot too.
It is exactly why I went with new construction. Fortunately I bought my property and don't have to deal with that. Keep in mind this is only for Lennar Serrano Summit. I think its also happening for other Lennar communities as well but don't quote me on it.

Offline aquabliss

• Thanks
  • -Given: 219
  • -Received: 815
« Reply #39 on: March 05, 2021, 10:43:51 AM »
Lennar has a tagline with their EI / Everything's Included model.  "The price you see, is the price you pay".

So much for that.

Online sleepy5136

• Yearning for 949 / 714
  • Thanks
« Reply #40 on: March 05, 2021, 11:05:26 AM »
Lennar has a tagline with their EI / Everything's Included model.  "The price you see, is the price you pay".

So much for that.
Not trying to defend them, but since I bought a property from them, that saying is for whats in the home. Not necessarily the price haha.

Offline Cares

• Thanks
« Reply #41 on: March 05, 2021, 12:16:50 PM »
Lennar is doing the bidding process with their Whittier community as well.

Offline Mety

• Thanks
  • -Given: 217
  • -Received: 275
« Reply #42 on: March 05, 2021, 12:56:19 PM »
So the question is... is it really HOT seller's market right now? Or is it just their strategy?

Online sleepy5136

• Yearning for 949 / 714
  • Thanks
« Reply #43 on: March 05, 2021, 01:22:37 PM »
So the question is... is it really HOT seller's market right now? Or is it just their strategy?
I can only speak for serrano summit. The Arieta & Covera properties are selling well. They are even lowering the realtor commission from 3% to 2-2.5% from what I heard.

Offline Cares

• Thanks
« Reply #44 on: March 05, 2021, 01:37:49 PM »
The real estate market lags and rising interest rates won't immediately impact buyers or the price.

Similarly at the Whittier community, Lennar lowered broker commissions and implemented the "submit a bid" purchase strategy.

Talk Irvine Links

[Recent Posts]
[FAQ / Rules]

Site Supporters

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2021, SimplePortal